What exactly is "Concierge Class"?

shoreboy

What class are you in now? If B-1 or B-2, all it will get you is 2 additional guaranteed dinner reservations in Polo or Toscana. If you are below B class, then the upgrade gets you a veranda which is probably worth it. There is a concierge for the entire ship. Concierge class has nothing to do with the concierge.

You will also have a refrigerator, which is not normally in any of the categories below concierge. You will also get certain other perks that are normally reserved for the suites, such as free pressing of 2 garments per passenger, cashmere lap robes, a welcome bottle of champagne, different toiletry products, priority embarkation and disembarkation, and added as of this January, room service with a hot breakfast menu. All categories below are continental breakfast, only. Oh, yes, you also get a different color World Card (your cabin key card and onboard charge card) -- silver instead of white. It doesn't matter a bit -- service on board is the same no matter what color your card is. Of course, if you are in an Oceanview or Inside cabin, the primary benefit is the balcony.

Is it worth it? Only you can decide. I like to have the refrigerator, so I usually book an A2 for that primary reason. It's not cost-effective, but it's really convenient. I did although I booked a C1 on a transAtlantic when I expected the seas to be rough. I did book a C1 on a transAtlantic when I expected the seas to be rough, and I enjoyed it every bit as much.

"Concierge" is just a name, it has nothing to do with the ship's concierge. Like Celebrity's Concierge Class staterooms, the name comes simply because there are some extra perks.

Check what the regular price difference is between what you have now and that class. We were offered an upgrade for "only $100" and the price difference was $200, so the offer wasn't that big a deal and it made me really think more about what we would be getting. I love a good bargain and once it was obvious that it wasn't such a bargain I decided I didn't even care about the fridge and two extra reservations. Our ship is only half full and I'm sure we'll be able to get more specialty dinners if we choose.

, a welcome bottle of champagne,

When we first cruised with Oceania in Concierege, yes, it was a very good quality "champagne". The last couple of times, it was not "champagne" but sparkling wine:mad:. There is a huge difference. We also noticed that the quality of tolietries had changed, and IMO, not as good as originally. One other item of interest, is that Nautica concierge provides an extra hand held hair dryer.

We have also cruised in "B" category but prefer "A" for the overall offering of perks.

One other item of interest, is that Nautica concierge provides an extra hand held hair dryer.

Sorry, all three ships have the extra hand held dryer which is kept in one of the vanity drawers but Nautica also has a diffuser attachment for the hair dryer.

When we first cruised with Oceania in Concierege, yes, it was a very good quality "champagne". The last couple of times, it was not "champagne" but sparkling wine:mad:. There is a huge difference. We also noticed that the quality of tolietries had changed, and IMO, not as good as originally.

I never paid attention to what was in the welcome bottle, because each time, we have exchanged it for a bottle of house wine. However, the first time, the house white was drinkable, while the second time, the house red was -- well, pretty bad. The next time, we will offer to sweeten the pot a bit if they go up a grade or two.

You're also correct about the toiletries -- which is why I was very careful to specify that they are "different", not better. And, if fact, I have to say that I no longer know that they are even different, because we have not been in a C category since 2007.

• 4 years later...

we were just offered an upgrade from B4 to A1 guarantee on the Riveria for our Dec 2 2013 sailing for $200 extra per person, we have accepted this offered has anyone ever been so lucky to have this upgrade to a suite?

thx

rasnsas

we were just offered an upgrade from B4 to A1 guarantee on the Riveria for our Dec 2 2013 sailing for $200 extra per person, we have accepted this offered has anyone ever been so lucky to have this upgrade to a suite?

thx

rasnsas

Not likely

Jancruz1

A1 is not a suite. It's concierge class. Same cabin, different location and amenities.

I interpreted the question just that way at first, but on taking a second look it is hard to decipher if Rasnas thinks that they HAVE been upgraded to a Suite or if they are asking if SIMILAR upgrades TO A SUITE, are ever offered. :confused:

OC.jpg

Sorry, all three ships have the extra hand held dryer which is kept in one of the vanity drawers but Nautica also has a diffuser attachment for the hair dryer.

Please tell me again!.......................a diffuser!!!!! I need one on my hair dryer and find the one that I take is too big for oceanas dryer and keeps falling off and almost concussing me when I dry my hair! We are on nautical next year so fingers crossed that they are still there. You do mean a diffuser and not a nozzle?

BTWanswer to the original question: we were in Concierge class this year on marina there is a concierge lounge with coffee ,juice cakes,papers and the amazing invisible "concierge" him self,

REgards

Josie xx

Archived