Which line/ship for Greek cruise?

sweet angel

I know this is a totally subjective question, but which cruise did you/would you choose for a Greek cruise and why? I'm looking at 7-10 days. Itinerary MUST include Santorini.

We are a couple in our early 40s...like to drink and have fun...but not boisterous "party animals".

Any suggestions? The possibilities are endless and I'm overwhelmed.

Also, any NEGATIVE experience on various ships/lines would be appreciated as well.

Thank you!

Crystal has several Med cruises each year that include Santorini. As an incentive, they are offering $1000 per person in shipboard credit as well as excellent pricing. Never a better time to try a luxury line.

This Crystal cruise in October is a great Med itinerary.

OTOH, Regent is offering, among others, this 7 night, port intensive cruise that includes Santorini.

Windstar has numerous 7 night Med cruises with a port stop in Santorini.

In general, go with the best cruise line that is within your budget. You would be very pleased with any of these ships.

We did a 7 day cruise leaving Athens and went to Cairo, Jerusalem, Cypress, Antayla Turkey, Santorini and Mykonos with Blue Monarch Classic Cruises. It is a small ship with 400 people and it was definately the best cruise we have taken dispite the fact that the cabins are not luxurious. It cost around $2500 per person including tax and also included 3 days hotel in Athens.

We've taken two Med cruises on Oceania, and we loved them both. Oceania quickly became our favorite cruise line--small ships, wonderful service, excellent food--just a great fit for us.

NCL is doing a b2b with Gem from Venice next year. We've travelled to various Greek Islands with 2 other companies, but prefer the freedom on these ships. Louis Cruises from Piraeus crops up on these pages occasionally, but their ships are v. small and not like the main lines-ex ferries, many of them, although we enjoyed them for the intensity of the ports. There's also Costa (Italian line but owned by Carnival), MSC (It), Thomson (mainly UK) and Pulmantor(Sp. owned by RCI) which are based in the Med. I think I'm just adding to the confusion!-jocap.

Archived