Mediterranean Cruise 2010 or 2011

chuckc54

In the thinking stages to cruise the med in the next couple of years. Some of the ports I want are Florence, Naples, Rome, Athens, Dubrovnik. Looking for something like 7-10 days. Don't care about zip lines or rock climbling, mindless hairy chest/sexy leg competitions, etc. Do want to be entertained somewhat, but would be just as comfy in a piano lounge with a beer or two. My wife and I are going. If I've left something out, just ask me to include it.

We have been on several Princess cruises to the Med and loved them all.

As mentioned, Livorno is the port for Florence (and Pisa). It is about 2 hour ride to Florence.

Civitivecchia is the port for Rome and it is about 1 1/2 hours there.

In the thinking stages to cruise the med in the next couple of years. Some of the ports I want are Florence, Naples, Rome, Athens, Dubrovnik. Looking for something like 7-10 days. Don't care about zip lines or rock climbling, mindless hairy chest/sexy leg competitions, etc. Do want to be entertained somewhat, but would be just as comfy in a piano lounge with a beer or two. My wife and I are going. If I've left something out, just ask me to include it.

I'll second, look at Princess as they have NO hairy man or sexy leg contests, no continuous "fun" annoucements either ;)

We also like Princess Cruise's itineraries. They do have cruises that go to all the ports you mentioned; however, they are 12-day or 14-day cruises.

I don't think there are any 7-day cruises that cover all the ports. You can find 10-day cruises that go to most of your selected ports. I am not sure whether there are 10-day cruises that go to all 5 places.

Worth checking Cunard and P&O too. Some good prices currently. Each ship is a bit different ie some are child free (hooray!) so quieter and more focussed on good food, company and general ambiance as there is less pressure to provide all action days for kids. Good luck finding a cruise to suit. Its a lovely area to sail in. I`m sure you will enjoy it.

You may want to check out Regent (RSSC.com). We just booked one for next year. They have some great rates right now that also include shore excursions and airfare.

Archived