Can You Change Cabin after Final Payment???

Sandytoes

Yes you can and may.

I just did. This time around Princess assigned Cabins on Opposites Sides Port/Left and Starboard/Right .. as well On the Bow/Fore and Stern/Aft.

Approx 65 Cabins away... :eek:

Other times it does happen too.

My Agent called today saying how she would change it.. I told her as I had left a message Two Days Prior already.. I had to do it myself!:mad:

Hope you have better serving from your service people...;)

I was just wondering,

after you have made the final payment

can you request a different stateroom?

The reason why I ask,

I booked a mid-ship balcony on Aloha deck.

While making the final payment my TA offered a mini for $90 p\p.

I turned it down. :rolleyes:

(I wasn't thinking at the time, just had surgery)

Anyway, I just checked the prices of a mini and it's $2,000 more than what I paid for my balcony. :eek:

I could kick myself.

That is why I am now reconsidering it.

I wasn't sure if changing the stateroom can be done after final payment.

Thanks for all your answers.

Yes you can change your cabin at any time after final payment within the same category as long as there are available cabins. You can also purchase an upgrade at any time. Princess has a feature that you can be considered for an upgrade. Your TA has to indicate this on the reservation when it is set up. You may want to ask your TA how they answered this. If they said YES you are eligible for an upgrade, but does not guaranty it.

Yes, you can request a different cabin ab=fter final payment. You would have to pay the difference between the current cost of the new cabin and what you paid for the old cabin. In other words, it will probably not be $90/person

The reason why I ask,

Anyway, I just checked the prices of a mini and it's $2,000 more than what I paid for my balcony. :eek:

I could kick myself.

Yes, you could have taken that upgrade and paid the difference even after final payment. BUT, I would check with your TA to see if that extra $90 pp to upgrade is still available. Sometimes when you snooze, you loose, unfortunately. Best of luck, I hope she can still get that deal for you.

The reason why I ask,

I could kick myself.

Call your TA and ask. That is what TA,s are for and Princess does not to talk about a booking if a TA is involved.

What if you book a GTY and get an upgrade? could you request a change within that new upgraded category. I'm thinking no....

You can ask for anything. However, they are not likely to change your cabin without and increase in the price.

What if you book a GTY and get an upgrade? could you request a change within that new upgraded category. I'm thinking no....

Once you are assigned a cabin that cabin is yours. If you want to switch to another available cabin in the same catagory, yes.....it can be done. I just helped a friend do just that....yesterday.

We have done just that in the past when assigned a guarantee. We were able to move the assigned stateroom to a different stateoom within that category.

I was just wondering,

after you have made the final payment

can you request a different stateroom?

Yes you can. If you are keeping the same booking number, then you are not canceling, so there would be no penalty.

Thanks All!!!

I will call my TA tomorrow and ask if the mini is still available and if it's for the same offered amount.

I prefer staterooms Mid-ship or in the rear.

If the mini is way up front - I probably keep what I have.

PS~ I always state "no-upgrade".

Reason being, once I booked a mid-ship and without stating "no-upgrade"

Princess upgraded me to a cabin one deck higher but way in the front of the ship. To me this wasn't an upgrade.

I am thinking, just possible when I call my TA can I ask here if Princess will upgrade me to the "Mini" without charge? :confused:..;)..:D Mid-ship - preferably.

Thanks again for all your answers.

You're the best!!!! :)

The reason why I ask,

I could kick myself.

My family is on that cruise and I noticed about 5 weeks ago the price difference between the BD cabin and the AE minisuite guaranty was $90 per couple. So seven couples in my family changed from BD cabins to AE minisuites. So far two couples have been assigned cabins - they received AB minisuites. They rest of us are waiting for our assignments.

How can you go wrong for $90 per couple. On my prior cruise with Princess we stayed in the mini suite on the Dolphin deck and we were quite pleased - we also booked the AE guaranty and were upgraded to AA minisuite.

cngrl,

Great to hear you got a refund when you downgraded to another category. We just cruised on the Diamond and when I tried to change from an AC to a AD I was told by Princess that would not be allowed since it was after final payment. I didn't take no for an answer and was able to finally have then switch us to the AD (Emerald Mini). However, we did not get any refund but that was less important to me. Actually the rate I could see was the same for the AC or AD so I had no idea why they were giving us such a hard time.

My family is on that cruise and I noticed about 5 weeks ago the price difference between the BD cabin and the AE minisuite guaranty was $90 per couple. So seven couples in my family changed from BD cabins to AE minisuites. So far two couples have been assigned cabins - they received AB minisuites. They rest of us are waiting for our assignments.

How can you go wrong for $90 per couple. On my prior cruise with Princess we stayed in the mini suite on the Dolphin deck and we were quite pleased - we also booked the AE guaranty and were upgraded to AA minisuite.

I just checked Princess's site

AE is a Guarantee Mini suite.

The difference of an AE to my BC is only $49.97

All Mini's are on wait list, except Cat AB and when I clicked on that, it stated it was a guarantee as well.

I just read the following on Princess website

pre-cruise info ~

Question: Is there a fee to change my cruise?

Answer: A $50 service fee per passenger, per change will be assessed for each change to the cruise, cruisetour or Cruise Plus Hotel Packages beginning 45 days prior to sailing. However, no change will be made unless permitted under our cancellation policy. The service fee will not be assessed when upgrading stateroom accommodations.

Wouldn't my TA have to cancel my booking and then re-book me in a different stateroom? :confused:

Isn't there a cancellation fee involved depending on when you sail? :confused:

pre-cruise info ~

Answer: A $50 service fee per passenger, per change will be assessed for each change to the cruise, cruisetour or Cruise Plus Hotel Packages beginning 45 days prior to sailing. However, no change will be made unless permitted under our cancellation policy. The service fee will not be assessed when upgrading stateroom accommodations.

Wouldn't my TA have to cancel my booking and then re-book me in a different stateroom? :confused:

To pay for an upgrade (self upgrade), they do not cancel your booking, just revise it. Only thing is, IF the low price to upgrade is still available. Good Luck!

pre-cruise info ~

As far as I know you can keep the same booking number and change cabins. However, check with your TA on this.

pre-cruise info ~

A good TA can work around those fees.

Archived