Promenade Staterooms?

Hi everyone!

My friend and I are going to book on Voyager for a 7 day Europe cruise. We were wondering about the promenade staterooms - they seem a little bigger, but since they look out to the promenade, being open 24 hours, do we run the risk of hearing late night noise? Being a Europe cruise and being port intensive, we didn't think that would be as big of an issue, but I wanted to post on here to see if anyone had any input.

Thanks! :D

We enjoyed our promenade stateroom on the Explorer. Its similar in size to an inside but seems bigger because of the window seat and bay window that look out onto the promenade. I didn't like the bed placement as well tho. The bed is in the middle of the room between the bathroom and vanity area which I didn't care for as much.

We had Promenade, 7th deck, toward the AFT 1/3 on our last MOS cruise. A little smaller than the Balconly rooms we've had but was a fun stateroom. I only heard noise when they did announcements on the PA system in the Promenade, and the parade. I wondered about the people just above the Wig and Gavel at night because the show there was loud upto 1AM, but we never heard it any other night, we were about 10-12 cabins away and two floors up. To save money and get on the ship, we'd book it again.

We had a promenade stateroom on the Voyager on deck 8. We almost never heard any noise, except a little during a parade. If I had it to do over, I'd take a stateroom on deck 7 instead. Deck 8 was a little too high up to seem much of what was going on.

We booked two promenade rooms for our kids on our Liberty cruise and they had no problems with noise. My daughter and her 2 year old took naps every afternoon with no problems at all. The rooms were very dark with the curtains closed.

They were on deck 8 if that makes a difference.

Like a previous poster said, you really only hear anything when there is a parade or a themed party in the promenade. I was on deck 8 and still felt like I got a good view- it didn't seem too high up for me!

Noise was not a problem but the size of the room was.The window seat takes up a lot of room and there is barely room to walk around the bed.It is very tight for 2 people. Would never do it again. JMHO.

We were on Deck 6 and yes you can hear the noise but you also get a good view of everything. Most of the activity takes place at night and sometimes late so it just depends on whether or not you like to stay up late or retire early.

Hi, We were on Voyager 6 years ago in a deck 7 promenade cabin about mid-ship and we enjoyed it very much. We watched one of the parades from there and often enjoyed just sitting in our window seat watching the world go by. We were never bothered by noise and the room darkening curtains made it very private and dark. We would do it again except we later found out about AFT cabin balconies and are now addicted to those. If one weren't available we might book a promenade again.

MJN

We took one last time on the Liberty and loved it! A little more than an inside room, but more narrow, but longer. Having a window made it appear bigger. No noise at all and it's fun to watch some parades from your room.

We brought a clip (like a hairclip or a bag clip) to keep the drapes closed tight when you're getting dressed or to keep the light out.

Much better than an inside cabin and cheeper than an outside.

Love the Promenade rooms. We book on deck 7 mid-ship and have a good view of the parades. The only time we hear noise is during the parade. As a previous poster said, it is really tight getting around the bed. It is situated right in the middle of the room behind the vanity. We usually have adjoining rooms and keep the door open. That helps a lot!

In terms of raw sq. footage, I believe that promenade rooms are a tad smaller. I just had one on deck 6 on Mariner. The room felt tight as there was only a little room in between the beds and the vanity. I normally didn't hear any noise from the promenade, but bass definitely carried through.

The clothes pin idea is a good idea, although we only used ours a few times as the curtain did it's job pretty good and always kept a tiny crack of light available so we could find the bathroom at night;).

I agree, it's a small space sometimes, but like I also said, the price is good (eleveated inside rate) so, I'd pay take that room (over another inside) just to get on the cruise if that's what it took.:D

Hi everyone!

My friend and I are going to book on Voyager for a 7 day Europe cruise. We were wondering about the promenade staterooms - they seem a little bigger, but since they look out to the promenade, being open 24 hours, do we run the risk of hearing late night noise? Being a Europe cruise and being port intensive, we didn't think that would be as big of an issue, but I wanted to post on here to see if anyone had any input.

Thanks! :D

The PR rooms are fine, not really to much noise BUT you will find that you have to keep your curtains closed alot of the time. Unless of course you are an exhibitionist and don't mind the people opposite watching every move you make. They really enjoy it when you step out of the bathroom stark naked, and forgot that you are in a PR room, these rooms would have been better designed if they had installed one way mirror glass rather than normal stuff.

In terms of raw sq. footage, I believe that promenade rooms are a tad smaller. I just had one on deck 6 on Mariner. The room felt tight as there was only a little room in between the beds and the vanity. I normally didn't hear any noise from the promenade, but bass definitely carried through.

Something I just recently found out is that on the Voyager class, the PR are smaller than a regular inside, however on Freedom class they are bigger! In both cases it is only a few square feet so no biggy, but just found it interesting.

My only others, which have been brought up on here, are be careful with the dreapes (you can forget they are open) and personally I was not thrilled with the layout if you split the beds. They tend to take up much more room than in an inside.

I dont feel like the cabins are larger? Larger than what? We had trouble getting around the end of the bed, but the cabin was fine otherwise.

We had the cabin directly above the CAFE sign that is just above Sprinkles, next to the cafe which somewhat blocked our view, but it was still a fun cabin. I just wouldnt choose that cabin again.

Hi, I would say the promenade room we had was smaller than most but larger than some of the rooms we have had. We had previously been in an inside cabin on the lower decks of Majesty and Sovereign so the Promenade did seem bigger to us but not as big as some outside balcony cabins we have had. So the writer who said it was bigger may have had such a cabin that was indeed smaller, or at least seemed so to them. We thought it was an interesting cabin in that you could look out and see things going on and not seem so closed in but we now prefer the fresh air you get from a balcony cabin so it depends on the individual and their likes, dislikes and budget. These cabins a more than insides but less than balconies so it depends on what works for you. Just my humble opinion.

MJN

Think you guys are referring to my comment about the promenade being bigger - guess my sentence should have added -

Something I just recently found out is that on the Voyager class, the PR are smaller than a regular inside, however on Freedom class they are bigger than a regular inside.

Sorry for any confusion, tried to save a few words.

We stayed in a Deck 7 Promenade room about 6 years ago. I had heard a couple of reports beforehand about some late night noise, but I think this only poses a problem if you have a Deck 6 PR located above one of the bars/pubs. I would book either Deck 7 or 8 to be on the safe side. The views were still good on Deck 7 and the "people watching" is great.

The windows did have net curtains as well as normal curtains. Just be a little cautious when dressing if the light is on, other than that the net curtains make it more difficult to see in.

It's a nice alternative to an inside cabin.

me and my husband are the type of folks that are fine with an inside room on a cruise (we don't spend all that much time in the room). with that said.....I must say we LOVED the promenade rooms. we stayed in one on liberty. it was definately bigger than all the inside rooms we have stayed in and the bay seat for people watching is a nice place to sit in the room. we are looking to book another promenade room for our next cruise (hopefully adventure in jan.). we liked watching the parades without necessarily being in the huge crowd. and, by the time we went to bed, everything was 'settled' in the promenade - meaning, the noise was down and we couldn't hear it from where we were.

we were on deck 7 of the promenade room area - and we could hear the parades and parties very well, but other that that - nothing. we like to sleep and relax on our cruises - and this did not present a problem at all.

i have videos of the inside of the room on youtube. i've posted a link.

by the way - the video was taken moments before the muster. that's the sound you hear.

Archived