Getting Nervous about Southern Caribbean Weather

wadecruiser

Okay all you Southern Caribbean experts! We are leaving on our first Southern Caribbean cruise in one week from today, and the weather says showers everyday.

What does that mean, no sun? I am really scared that we are going to be wet the whole time.

Guest bahamamama1

Wow, that would not be good.. well the only consolation is that there is plenty to do on the ship ! It would ruin the excursions though, as most are outside.. I wonder if they give refunds on excursions :confused:

Good luck !

I have only cruised Southern Caribbean in june & July (my first non summer southern is coming in March)

Yes it will say rain everyday and it may indead rain BUT only for 10 minutes and the sun will come back out. Moat of the rain i have run into is off shore.

The temp will not change during this time so a little rain to cool you off will be a warm welcome and should not effect your port excursions.

I have had nothing but Beautful weather in the Southern Caribbean, the only rain i ran into was when i was in the "rainforest" in Dominica and a few drops in the earily morning in St Thomas. I have been 4 times with the same summer results.

Have a great cruise!

The rain is what make the islands (except for Aruba!) so lush. It's nothing to be nervous about; it's just a fact of life in the Caribbean.

Roz

Too "cactusy" (is that a word?) for my taste. However, I loved Curacao. But I'm willing to give Aruba another chance. I visited there on Holland America.

Roz

Archived