Utterly confused with the alcohol policy

From Royal Caribbean's website, it gives the impression that NO alcohol is allowed onboard at all. Nevertheless, in the forums I have found many people saying that you can bring wine. Is this correct??

From Royal Caribbean's website, it gives the impression that NO alcohol is allowed onboard at all. Nevertheless, in the forums I have found many people saying that you can bring wine. Is this correct??

You are correct in that they do not allow you to bring alcohol onboard but if you were to bring wine on from say somewhere like France, they would very kindly keep it for you til the last night and deliver it to your cabin :rolleyes:

Here is the list of RCL's prohibited items:

Q: What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship?

A: Aside from the obvious (and illegal) items not allowed onboard, there are other items we cannot accommodate onboard. These items will be confiscated upon being found.

Prohibited items:

Candles

Coffee Makers

Electrical Transformers (not including personal electronics: cell phone chargers, laptop power adapters etc.)

Flammable Liquids and Explosives (such as fireworks)

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons/Clothes Steamers

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000ffWIG8rmTlWxED-qrupMCSw:13hldcgo7?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Hope this helps,

Eric

There may be some confusion amongst some people because Royal Caribbean's sister company, Celebrity, allows each stateroom to bring two bottles of wine at initial embarkation. Royal Caribbean does NOT allow this.

LOL...

Now I Want to know two things:

1) Who would EVER bring a hockey stick on board

&

2) If I did why would they take it away???????

Maybe since some of the ships have ice rinks, some people think that they can play Hockey during the day. LOL

LOL...

Now I Want to know two things:

1) Who would EVER bring a hockey stick on board

&

2) If I did why would they take it away???????

There was once a thread with a mom asking if she could bring her kid's baseball bat so he could practice his swings during the cruise. I think the bat, like the hockey stick, could be considered a weapon and would not be allowed. So yes, they'd take it away or make you put it away.

Maybe since some of the ships have ice rinks, some people think that they can play Hockey during the day. LOL

I was able to smuggle my hockey stick on my last cruise in a rum runner. Unfortunately it turned out the Jewel didn't have an ice skating rink.

A: Aside from the obvious (and illegal) items not allowed onboard, there are other items we cannot accommodate onboard. These items will be confiscated upon being found.

Prohibited items:

Candles

Coffee Makers

Electrical Transformers (not including personal electronics: cell phone chargers, laptop power adapters etc.)

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons/Clothes Steamers

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000ffWIG8rmTlWxED-qrupMCSw:13hldcgo7?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Hope this helps,

Eric

Okay, I understand that no "personal alcohol" is allowed onboard, but say I have an aft balcony and invite my meet and mingle group to a party on my balcony.....would that "public alcohol" be allowed?:p I am sharing after all.

Hmmmm, is this a loophole I am finding. LOL!!

To make it even more "complicated," elsewhere in your documents it says that there is a corkage fee of $15 if you take a bottle of wine to the dining room. Huh? Can't bring it on or keep it if I bought it in port so how can I take a bottle to the dining room and pay corkage fee?

Answer: If your TA gifts you with wine in your cabin, you pay a corkage fee if you take it to the dining room. If your TA is going to give you wine, tell him/her you would prefer having it with dinner and send it to the dining room rather than your cabin.

If you buy a wine package and say you want it in your cabin, then they will charge you if you take a bottle to the dining room. However, if you state it is to be in the dining room, you can take your "left overs" back to the cabin, otherwise, the dining room will keep it and bring it out again the next night. Not sure how it would work if you decide the next night to eat at a pay-for restaurant.

We have bought the wine package to have in our stateroom and I have taken a full wine glass to the dining room. One full glass is equal to 1-1/2 glasses of what they sell you per glass and that is all I need with dinner.

Tucker in Texas

Prohibited items:

Candles

Coffee Makers

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons/Clothes Steamers

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

Hope this helps,

Eric

On our last cruise on Freedom we had dinner with a gentleman that brought his own boogie board for the Flowrider. After initially saying he couldn't use it, they eventually let him use it. He didn't mention any issues getting it onboard.

Archived