All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Ok, just a quick question

Think I will get a cabana

It is just the 2 of us, but how much will it be?

CC site states: From Adult: $199

Is that for both of us, or each?

We will be there beginning of Oct

Thanks

There was a group of people snorkeling, on their own & not on a tour, at the end of the beach (to the right if you are looking out towards the ocean), way down and just before the rocks. I talked to them along the beach before we got to that point and they were told by others that it was a great spot. It's quite a hike (15 - 20 minutes to get there). It looked like a great area to snorkel, but I didn't bring my snorkel gear and didn't feel like walking back down after I'd gotten back to where our beach chairs were. There are also snorkeling excursions offered through the ships, so maybe someone who has been on one can tell you if they liked it and if it was worth the $$$. In the area where the beach chairs (and cabanas) are, it's just sand and very clear water - like a huge swimming pool.

Here's 2 pictures of that area:

Just before you get to the rocks at the end

100_6821A-1.jpg

From the rocks at the end (the people in the water were the ones snorkeling)

100_6811-1.jpg

Yikes! Still worth it though IMHO. Thanks for the info.

The $50.00 increase hasn't deterred anyone. HAL did it last year.

HAL and CCL know the demand is there. An additional $50.00 is still selling out the cabanas in no time.

Has anyone recently done the Aqua trax? I see posting from a couple of years aga. I know the description sounds structured but the reviews from the past said they could go out and ride around for a while so I didn't know if it has changed.

Just back last week and we loved this island. DH said he would cruise again just to go here. He did a deep sea fishing excursion and had a great time. We also got cabana number 13. We loved being away from everything. It was kind of a pain to get lunch because it is not easy to walk in that sand (it is so soft and wonderful). We walked back using the road and it was much easier. My kids loved the little water slides and the toys in the water. We saw a bunch of people snorkling by the big cabana (Oasis, I think) against the rock wall there. I am very happy we got to go here.

I know with CCL when the listed price was $199, the actual price charged was ~$230. So does that mean with the $50 increase to $249, one can expect to pay ~$280?

Someone had previously posted the total price was $249.00 three weeks ago. I would expect to pay that amount, if you have any questions, you might want to check with CCL.

My family and I will be at HMC in December. We are going to splurge for the cabana. Question is, do we have to wait till we are on board and get to the excursion desk quickly to get one reserved?? I think I read somewhere that we can reserve one through the CCL website when the excursions come available 90 days prior to sail date. Anybody else know any different??

My family and I will be at HMC in December. We are going to splurge for the cabana. Question is, do we have to wait till we are on board and get to the excursion desk quickly to get one reserved?? I think I read somewhere that we can reserve one through the CCL website when the excursions come available 90 days prior to sail date. Anybody else know any different??

On Carnival, you have to book these once you're onboard. You do this at the Excursions desk. They will sell out so get there as quickly as possible. Enjoy your cabana!

On Carnival, you have to book these once you're onboard. You do this at the Excursions desk. They will sell out so get there as quickly as possible. Enjoy your cabana!

Only HAL allows online booking. Upon boarding, make the Shore Ex desk your number one priority.