All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

We actually ended up just booking a 230-330 parasailing excursion anyways. So we will probably be done with the beach by about 2 oclock. Does anyone know-when you get off the tenders is everything you need for excursions right there? So would we head back that way to find where to go for parasailing. If that makes sense.

[quote name='CruiserBruce']When you get your excursions tickets- when you first get into your cabin, read the tickets. They will tell you where to report to, and when.[/quote]

Great! Thanks so much.

[quote name='Jamnuts']But do you recommend the cabana when there are only 2 of us? It seems a bit expensive, but is it really worth it?:confused:[/quote]

My husband and I thought it was well worth it for the two of us. I would NOT recomend the butler though. I booked the butler for our cruise Feb this year because the information said we could drink whatever we wanted from the bars. I wanted Guiness that they had on the Pirate Ship but they wouldn't let me. I had to get the beers availble on the ship that were not in a bottle. Also, there was a mixup. We originally didn't book an excursion but at the last minute booked the snorkel by boat. It ended up being canceled so we waited around for our butler to show up. She had gone to our cabin to pick us up. I would have thought they would have been aware we had a change of plans and booked the excursion but no. Also, it took her AGES to bring us a drink. My husband was happy with the beers she brought him (she did bring several) but I'm more picky on beer. I emailed my TA and she forwarded the letter to HAL and they made it up to us giving us shipboard credit for our next cruise.

Joanne

• 2 weeks later...
Looking into booking our second cruise first for our 4 boys. A cabana sounds wonderful but I have gotten different ideas of how to book it from here. The price is $199 for 4 people??? Since there is 6 of us do I tell them of the other 2 kids and save the money or is this something I need to tell and pay extra for them? Trying to do it the cheapest way. Thanks

[quote name='ksmommyof4']Looking into booking our second cruise first for our 4 boys. A cabana sounds wonderful but I have gotten different ideas of how to book it from here. The price is $199 for 4 people??? Since there is 6 of us do I tell them of the other 2 kids and save the money or is this something I need to tell and pay extra for them? Trying to do it the cheapest way. Thanks[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Book it online (I think you just book it for one person, otherwise it doubles the price, if I remember correctly). Yes, $199 for 4 people total. You don't have to say anything about the extra people...they don't check. When you get on the ship, go right to the excursion desk to pick which cabana you want (if your kids are younger, they have a water playground type area close to Cabana #1). At that time, they will also ask you what kind of sodas you want (you get 8) and what flipper sizes you need (for snorkeling...but there aren't many fish).[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hope that helps...the cabanas are a great gathering place and offer some shade as well![/FONT]

[quote name='nessz79']Does anyone know if bottled water can be chosen instead of soda?[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]In addition to the 8 sodas, they also give you bottled water...I think it was 4 bottles. But you can opt to have it all be water if you like:)[/FONT]

[quote name='Irishlinny'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]In addition to the 8 sodas, they also give you bottled water...I think it was 4 bottles. But you can opt to have it all be water if you like:)[/FONT][/quote]

Thank you!

[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]On all the other Cruise Ship Private Islands we've been, the ship has brought over the food and have often recognized the servers.

At HMC the servers looked and spoke very much like they were locals.

Wondering if they "out-source" this on HMC? :confused:

[I]Note: The bars were for sure manned from the ship. [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Quick Question - This is our first Carnival Cruise. Previously we went to Disney's Castaway Cay (CC). Is HMC split up into a family beach and an adult beach like CC? Is there a kids club section on the Island like Disney has? What is the Aqua Park like?

[quote name='jsmitchell']Quick Question - This is our first Carnival Cruise. Previously we went to Disney's Castaway Cay (CC). Is HMC split up into a family beach and an adult beach like CC? Is there a kids club section on the Island like Disney has? What is the Aqua Park like?[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]There is no true separation of the areas, but the majority of the children are down by the lowest cabana numbers because that is where the water toys (Aqua Park) are. I've never looked too closely at it as my children are grown, but there are big toys, slides, etc in the water. This section is the closest section to the port area. As you go further up the beach, there are less crowds and children. [/FONT]

Its been a while since I was on half moon. I typically pack my own snorkel gear. However, was thinking of taking only mask and snorkel with me this time. is there a place that I can rent fins and snorkel on my own?

Thanks in advance

[quote name='StarAFire']Its been a while since I was on half moon. I typically pack my own snorkel gear. However, was thinking of taking only mask and snorkel with me this time. is there a place that I can rent fins and snorkel on my own?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Yes, snorkel equipment is available at the Water Sports Centers located along the beach. I believe there are three separate buildings scattered along the beach.