All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

See that lockers are for rent - can someone please tell me where the lockers are located? I assume in the main area where you eat lunch, etc.?

Thanks!

No, the lockers are located at the watersports hut on the beach near the entrance...

FN309.JPG

:mad:

My question was not posted as a complaint about cutbacks. I am just wondering if those have been removed as there is not a lot of info about it.

Don't give me your mad face. If you don't like the information you receive here, you can always obtain it elsewhere.

Edited by Typhoon1

How recently?

We were there in October and our perks were like the first photo, except that the bag of chips was generic, not Tostito's. We were satisfied with it....but I wish we could have gotten eight apples instead of eight oranges!

Last August. No veggie platter and no sliced fruit. I believe what you get is ship specific, since it is brought over from the ship.

Don't give me your mad face. If you don't like the information you receive here, you can always obtain it elsewhere.

I did not receive any "information" from your post. I asked a specific question and got your opinion on cutbacks and penny pinching in 2014, but no answer to my question.... so I guess instead of :mad: , :confused: or :rolleyes: would have been better choices---just like your refraining from (not) answering my post would have been a better choice AND refraining from getting annoyed that I explained I was not complaining about it, just asking about it.

I am more that happy with the information I obtain here. I got three RESPONSIVE responses to my question detailing people's experiences in the cabana. sooooo :D:D ;better?

Last August. No veggie platter and no sliced fruit. I believe what you get is ship specific, since it is brought over from the ship.

I hope that since its their island I will be able to take some off the ship then. I'll bring some ziplocs and make a baggie at the buffet (veggies day before I suppose and fruit in the morning of)

Or does anyone remember melon and veggies at the HMC buffet?

I hope that since its their island I will be able to take some off the ship then. I'll bring some ziplocs and make a baggie at the buffet (veggies day before I suppose and fruit in the morning of)

Or does anyone remember melon and veggies at the HMC buffet?

Yes there were veggies and melon on the buffet.

OK' date=' so those that got the veggies and fruit slices recently, what ship where you on? And, same for those who didn't get veggies and fruit slices...

Maybe we can get to the bottom of this![/quote']

We got ours -- a pretty decent spread! -- while on Victory.

OK' date=' so those that got the veggies and fruit slices recently, what ship where you on? And, same for those who didn't get veggies and fruit slices...

Maybe we can get to the bottom of this![/quote']

We were on the Fantasy------

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We rented a villa for our day at HMC. Do they provide towels in the villas?

As you didn't specify cruise line, I will answer with HAL's policy, as I am familiar with it. Carnival may be different.

On HAL you will be issued "beach towels" in your cabin for the Caribbean cruise. You will take those ashore and return them to your cabin. If you need more towels ashore, just ask- they will be provided.

As you didn't specify cruise line, I will answer with HAL's policy, as I am familiar with it. Carnival may be different.

On HAL you will be issued "beach towels" in your cabin for the Caribbean cruise. You will take those ashore and return them to your cabin. If you need more towels ashore, just ask- they will be provided.

It's the same for Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just there last week off the Pride. Had the veggies with dip, plate off oranges, sliced fruit, chips, quac, sour cream and salsa. Check your exp date on your chip bag. I didn't see it till after the shore excursion rep came around to ask if all was alright. The bag had expired almost 1 month before and the chips were stale. The sliced fruit was good but eat it as soon as you uncover it because there were lots of tiny ants that got to it as soon as it was uncovered.. Also 2 large bottles of water and 8sodas. We had cabana 15. Only a few minutes walk to the bathroom and the buffet. Very quiet at that end until around 1pm when a large group of eastern European crew members camped out next to our cabana. They had their own loud music, many were smoking, even In the water. They were flicking their ashes in that beautiful water. Several were throwing and kicking a soccer ball around, which was fine we just had keep from drifting on our mats from that area to not get hit. The "F" word was yelled back and forth at each other. I'm not saying they shouldn't have fun on their time off but just be respectful of others around them and the environment(ashes, cig butts etc). I don't know if they tell crew to go far down the populated passenger areas.

For a more private (if 30 crew don't descend on you) and shady area go past cabana #15 and there are two separate areas with three hammocks each in the shade. If you have FTTF run together one of these areas. They were probably taken by 1030. There is plenty of shade back between the cabanas. Since they built the villas it looks like if you in a cabana next to a villa it limits your view to that side while in your cabana. If going for a villa, I'd definitely try for E. D would be my second choice, however the restrooms are directly behind that villa. everyone was walking along side it to go to the restrooms behind it.

On the HAL NA in April we were asked to take our cabin supplied beach towels ashore. Now we had butler service for our villa and he carried them, but I recall the guidance was to take your own towels ashore. Everything else was already located at the Villa.

Dennis

Four beach towels were waiting in our cabana so I would guess there would be 8 waiting in the villa.

There are always plenty of large towels waiting for you in your cabana or villa. Yet, HAL still tells you to bring towels from the ship.

It probably saves them the trouble of giving two sets of instructions. Those with a cabana and those just hanging out at the beach.

Just there last week off the Pride. Had the veggies with dip, plate off oranges, sliced fruit, chips, quac, sour cream and salsa. Check your exp date on your chip bag. I didn't see it till after the shore excursion rep came around to ask if all was alright. The bag had expired almost 1 month before and the chips were stale. The sliced fruit was good but eat it as soon as you uncover it because there were lots of tiny ants that got to it as soon as it was uncovered.. Also 2 large bottles of water and 8sodas...

Thanks for the info:)