Barcelona.....airport to port?

About 30 minutes for €35 in a cab from the airport. Write on a piece of paper that you want to go to "Moll d'Adossat", as not all the cabbies speak english and you want to make sure you go to the right bit of the port.

Simon

The taxi ride to the ship from the airport takes about 30-40 mins depending on traffic,

our cost in 2007 was 30 euro's.

When we returned to Barcelona there was a long line of taxi's waiting to take people back to the airport.

About 30 minutes for €35 in a cab from the airport. Write on a piece of paper that you want to go to "Moll d'Adossat", as not all the cabbies speak english and you want to make sure you go to the right bit of the port.

Simon

If you are staying at a hotel pre or post cruise, write down the name of the hotel and it's address on piece of paper. On our recent Med cruise, we had both a pre and post cruise hotel stay, and it was a good thing I had the printed out the hotel reservations with the street address on it. Just telling them to "take me to Hotel such and such" isn't good enough since there are so many small hotels.

A million cabs are lined up outside BCN. It is around €28+ down to the port and it is around 25min journey.

You go over a large bridge to the port, and then you play 'spot your cruise ship' as there are 5 ships lined up in a row.

Beware because sometimes they are also docked before the bridge, and also sometimes along by the EuroStars Grand Marina hotel, but the cab drivers are pretty good at knowing which ship is docked where!

We took a taxi to the X Century for our TA cruise last Dec. and the cost was just over 20 euros, weekday rate as weekend rate is about 5% higher, and it took about 20-25 minutes. In fact our taxi fare, believe or not, was exact to the fraction of an euro shown then by the following International Taxi Fare Calculator web site which even has an estimated traffic wait time charge factored in. Just put the time you expect to be be there. The taxis there don't accept foreign currency, credit cards nor traveler's checks, just euro cash but you can exchange your currency for euros , no service fee for cash conversion and only a slightly higher exchange rate, about 3%, than what I paid for my euro TC, at the exchange kiosk in the airport just outside the arrivals area. I had the euro TC to cash on board the ship so I just got about 30 euros to pay for the taxi and tip and even had a few euros left over.

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/barcelona/aeropuerto-de-el-prat/Moll-de-Barcelona

Archived