Need Contact Info Regarding A Theft Onboard

rochelle_s

Like I said I would hate to be an automatic guilty party in one of his investigations. :eek:

COLO CRUISER: I have never "seen" an automatically guilty party....but I know of a few characters who should be!:D We call them them, the "usual supects".:p

ROCHELLE, I am sorry about your loss and the way you experienced the ship's handling of the situation. Good luck to you in contacting the corporation directly and I hope that you get some genuine redress from them. I wish you the best as you go through this.

Hi Rochelle, I believed your story (even before the photos of Grennock:) ) and I cannot believe how rude and offensive some people can be on these boards.

Lesson learned for me - never reveal that you use Cruise Critic to your fellow passengers in case they turn out to be ... trying to think of a word that won't be too bad and get my post removed ... how about egregious?

maritimer....

Please don`t think this way. I have met some really wonderful people through cruisecritic that I would be very happy to cruise with again. I have made some great friends, who I have even visited while on land holidays after meeting them first here on a roll call and then onboard a ship. The number of friendly, interesting and all around fantastic people who you can meet through cruisecritic far outnumber the one or two not so nice folks. Don`t let this thread interfere with that oppportunity....I certainly won`t let it.

Rochelle

Good Morning Saturday 06/27/2009 A.D. (Anno Domini ) 4:40 am EDT (NYC)

Maam,

In Britain I do believe you would be a Dame, the partner of a Knight!:cool:

A true Lady you are and write so very well.icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

My friend who passed away and became a British Knight as he did give up his American Citizenship for this title.. he would be proud of you too, as I am!

He gave Princeton, here, there largest bequest ever. John asked for naught.

Please ignore the ignorant for they know not what they do, Maam.

For life and love are what we make of it.

Others see things not there as it must be an inherent desire for them for it to be..

What they may just want, is to be a loquacious palaver..

PS: You Canadians sure spell fuunny...

To everyone else that posted in the last day....

THANK YOU !!

Your kind and often humourous words mean a lot! :)

Rochelle

Good Morning Saturday 06/27/2009 A.D. (Anno Domini ) 4:40 am EDT (NYC)

Maam,

In Britain I do believe you would be a Dame, the partner of a Knight!:cool:

A true Lady you are and write so very well.icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

My friend who passed away and became a British Knight as he did give up his American Citizenship for this title.. he would be proud of you too, as I am!

He gave Princeton, here, there largest bequest ever. John asked for naught.

Please ignore the ignorant for they know not what they do, Maam.

For life and love are what we make of it.

Others see things not there as it must be an inherent desire for them for it to be..

What they may just want, is to be a loquacious palaver..

PS: You Canadians sure spell fuunny...

What?? I have no idea what you are trying to convey with this post.............

For all of you who say Princess is not liable - fine. What they are is not legally liable. But I think they have a moral obligation to at least make their passengers feel as tho they are not liars. Why would Rochelle make this all up. I don't think many here are accusing her of a lie or making anything up. I think that most here understand that there are many possibilities relating to the "missing" money...and that theft by the cabin steward or other crew would be at the bottom of that list.

And to the poster who was on the cruise with her, maybe she and her grandmother did not want to put a damper on YOUR cruise. Maybe she did not feel like talking about it at that point in time. Whatever the reason, it is really none of our business.

We all need to know that no matter how much we take care of our money and belongings, there is always someone who can figure out how to steal it.

There is NO proof that any money was stolen.....that's the whole point here. OP said money was missing and immediately accused a ships employee of stealing it....without ANY proof whatsoever and without exploring other scenarios...of which there are many.

It's just wrong to point a finger at someone and call them "thief" unless you can prove it.

I believe the poster is just directing some good will at the OP., while interjecting some humor.

What?? I have no idea what you are trying to convey with this post.............

There is NO proof that any money was stolen.....that's the whole point here. OP said money was missing and immediately accused a ships employee of stealing it....without ANY proof whatsoever and without exploring other scenarios...of which there are many.

It's just wrong to point a finger at someone and call them "thief" unless you can prove it.

Please can you advise where Rochelle has accused a ship's employee of stealing her money? She is no way has directly accused anyone, she merely pointed out that it had gone missing and acknowledged that she bears some responsibility for this. She is certain that someone had taken it but has nowhere in any of her posts said that it was an employee.

PS - Rochelle, I agree with you about the spelling of our US friends :D

G'ma....

I started this thread as a request for contact information. (post #1) That was the only intent behind it.

I understand and agreed (post # 22 & #36) that the theft of cash is a difficult thing to prove.

We know exactly how much money we left home with. We spent 3 days pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale. There was no safe in our hotel and therefore we kept our travel wallets with us at all times. The first time they were not in our sight was once we were on the ship and in our cabin. The wallets were always in the cupboard where the safe is located. I also explained the difficulties we had with our safe (post #36) and why our travel wallets were not locked inside as well as acknowledging and accepting our responsibility in this.

When we discovered the money missing' date=' we counted, recounted and counted again to make sure we were not mistaken. I gave a detailed description (post #20) of how the money was kept and how it was missing and from where. We had no need or opportunity to spend GBP or Euros. The travel wallets were always in our cabin from the time we left Fort Lauderdale (April 10) until we discovered the money missing on the morning we arrived in Scotland (April 20).

We were at this point, as I have said in numerous posts, certain that; a) we had left home with an exact 'x' amount of GBP and Euros, b) that this money was not out of our immediate possession until after we had boarded the ship, c) when we boarded the ship we went straight to our cabin and at no point took our travel wallets out of that room, d) we on no occasion would or could have lost, misplaced or spent these funds, and finally, e) money was definitely missing,

So we did in fact look at all the possibilities to that extent and came to the conclusion, with a 100% certainty that a theft had definitely occurred. We reported this to the front desk and co-operated with their investigation. Had we not been so sure we never would have reported anything as we are well aware of the seriousness of making such a claim. At this point it was the responsibility of the ship's security staff to explore other scenarios' beyond what we had already determined.

At no point have I ever accused anyone of anything. I said (post #91);

"We do not know who took the money, whether crew or fellow passenger. Nor do we know exactly when it was taken. We also don't know how they gained entry into our cabin. A proper investigation might have provided answers to any or all of these questions. This was not done and the way it was handled and the manner in which we were treated is why I am contacting Princess."

In the exact same post I also said;[/

"I would like to say publicly that I am not accusing our particular cabin steward of anything. In fact my aunt and I discussed this in great detail and we both found it hard to believe that he would have been the one to do this. He was in fact one of the best stewards I have had on any ship."

If we had felt that it was our steward who had taken the money we could and would have asked for a change of steward or a change of cabin. We did neither. We also would not have given him a small gift, thank you card and additional gratuity at the end of the cruise. Which we did do.

Again, at no time did I accuse a ship's employee or point a finger at anyone or call someone a thief. What I did was report a theft and was not happy with the way the situation was eventually handled.

Rochelle

Archived