Concierge No More... sort of...

I was a diamond member and in a Grand Suite and got nothing on the Grandeur of the Seas. RCCL has cut just about everything just when I got to be diamond level.

When did you sail? You should have received a bottle of champagne or wine for being in the suite. And if it was after Sept. 1, 2009...there should have been a nightly D/D+ event at a particular lounge with discounted cocktails and free wine & champagne. And a special continental breakfast in a special area of the dining room. Did you ask? ;)

I was a diamond member and in a Grand Suite and got nothing on the Grandeur of the Seas. RCCL has cut just about everything just when I got to be diamond level.

Are you saying that there was no daily Diamond event, at about 5 P.M., in one of the lounges?

When did you sail? You should have received a bottle of champagne or wine for being in the suite. And if it was after Sept. 1, 2009...there should have been a nightly D/D+ event at a particular lounge with discounted cocktails and free wine & champagne. And a special continental breakfast in a special area of the dining room. Did you ask? ;)

I checked his posts and he sailed last January, long before the changes. At that time, Grandeur had (and still has) no Concierge Lounge, so it was one of those ships that never had concierge services. Since 9/1/09, there has been a nightly event, but he sailed nine months before that kicked in.

I think that it was PMO's bringing this thread back from the dead today that led me to believe that his cruise experience on the Grandeur was recent.

And so I say, directly to you, PMO, RC had cut nothing for you. Grandeur never had a Concierge Lounge or Diamond Lounge. Nothing had changed on the Grandeur when you sailed.

We were in a GS on Grandeur in November 2008. We received a bottle of champagne, slippers and a really fabulous suite! There was no (and there still is not) a concierge lounge, we knew that before we sailed. It was still a great cruise! :)

I might have missed this on a previous post... but...

What’s with the Concierge no longer being included when you book a Grand Suite on the Freedom OS? I remember getting a nice email from ours last year a month before our cruise, but we leave in two weeks for this years…and nothing…

Since we won't be a Diamond level until After this cruise, I fell somewhat chipped, or disappointed at best. Especially since one of the reasons to book a GS is get a little of that extra attention.

What have you all heard?

Hi were traveling tomorrow on the Independence Sunday 1st Nov and received the letter below, so all is fine, I was hoping we have the concierge its why we booked the grand suite :eek::)... Have a great cruise when you go .... mark (all to exciting!)

Dear Guests,

My name is Gershwin Bronswinkel and I will be your Concierge onboard the beautiful Independence of the Seas. We are excited that you have chosen Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation.

As a Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard. Upon boarding, you will receive a folder with more detailed information as well as the key to the Concierge Club. Below is a brief summary of your amenities:

· Use of the Concierge Club lounge located on deck 10.

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

· The Concierge key valid to enter the Ice Shows.

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.

· Reservations for our specialty restaurants (**), Explorations!, Salon and Spa appointments, etc. (for your convenience, I have attached a copy of the menus of services offered by the Spa)

· Personalized Discover Shopping advice.

Private breakfast and lunch seating in our specialty restaurants.

· Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

Reserved VIP seats for productionshows and ice shows.

· DVDs for your use while onboard

Full Dining Room roomservice privilege (available when Dining Room is open).

· Printing of boarding passes.

Salon & Spa appointments, shore excursions and some of our other services often sell out. Therefore, it is recommended that these be booked in advance emailing me and I will make the reservations for you. Remember, in order to avoid disappointment, it is recommended that you book in advance. Also, due to the overwhelming popularity of our speciality restaurants, Chops & Portofino's, I would recommend that you secure your dining reservation on-line.

The Concierge Club is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in the Royal Suite,Presidential Suite, Owner’s Suite, Grand Suite and Royal Family Suite. The lounge is accessible with your stateroom key on a 24-hour basis. Due to the adult oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages in the evening, only guests of 18 years and above are permitted in the lounge during that time. We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge. The lounge has been designated a smoke-free area.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have to the following email address: id_concierge@rccl.com Have a safe and pleasant flight.

(**) Portofino Italian restaurant & Chops Grille.

- Guests 13 and older are welcome to dine.

- Dress code: smart casual.

- Reservations are booked between 6:00 pm and 9:30 pm.

- Please give 24 hours notice when canceling a reservation.

- Cover charge:Portofino's $20 per person & Chops Grille $25.

- For groups of 7 people or more, please contact me.

look forward to meeting you.

Kind Regards

Gershwin Bronswinkel

Concierge

Independence of The Seas

Dect# The Club#

id_concierge@rccl.com

Dear Guests,

My name is Gershwin Bronswinkel and I will be your Concierge onboard the beautiful Independence of the Seas. We are excited that you have chosen Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation.

As a Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard. Upon boarding, you will receive a folder with more detailed information as well as the key to the Concierge Club. Below is a brief summary of your amenities:

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

· The Concierge key valid to enter the Ice Shows.

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.

· Reservations for our specialty restaurants (**), Explorations!, Salon and Spa appointments, etc. (for your convenience, I have attached a copy of the menus of services offered by the Spa)

· Personalized Discover Shopping advice.

Private breakfast and lunch seating in our specialty restaurants.

· Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

Reserved VIP seats for productionshows and ice shows.

· DVDs for your use while onboard

Full Dining Room roomservice privilege (available when Dining Room is open).

· Printing of boarding passes.

Salon & Spa appointments, shore excursions and some of our other services often sell out. Therefore, it is recommended that these be booked in advance emailing me and I will make the reservations for you. Remember, in order to avoid disappointment, it is recommended that you book in advance. Also, due to the overwhelming popularity of our speciality restaurants, Chops & Portofino's, I would recommend that you secure your dining reservation on-line.

The Concierge Club is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in the Royal Suite,Presidential Suite, Owner’s Suite, Grand Suite and Royal Family Suite. The lounge is accessible with your stateroom key on a 24-hour basis. Due to the adult oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages in the evening, only guests of 18 years and above are permitted in the lounge during that time. We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge. The lounge has been designated a smoke-free area.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have to the following email address: id_concierge@rccl.com Have a safe and pleasant flight.

(**) Portofino Italian restaurant & Chops Grille.

- Guests 13 and older are welcome to dine.

- Dress code: smart casual.

- Reservations are booked between 6:00 pm and 9:30 pm.

- Please give 24 hours notice when canceling a reservation.

- Cover charge:Portofino's $20 per person & Chops Grille $25.

- For groups of 7 people or more, please contact me.

look forward to meeting you.

Kind Regards

Gershwin Bronswinkel

Concierge

Independence of The Seas

Dect# The Club#

id_concierge@rccl.com

One hour ago, we revieved the same information from the concierge Carlos Marasigan (Navigator of the Seas) by email for our cruise starting next week... .

I might have missed this on a previous post... but...

What’s with the Concierge no longer being included when you book a Grand Suite on the Freedom OS? I remember getting a nice email from ours last year a month before our cruise, but we leave in two weeks for this years…and nothing…

Since we won't be a Diamond level until After this cruise, I fell somewhat chipped, or disappointed at best. Especially since one of the reasons to book a GS is get a little of that extra attention.

What have you all heard?

Don't worry, Your Welcome letter and invitationalong with your key to the CL will be in your Stateroom (GS) when you arrive. . If by the slim, remote chance it is not. Stop by and introduce yourself ans you are entitled as a suite guest.

Can someone tell me why I need a Concierge? On a ship? Apparently I've lost his/her services since I'm only a Diamond even though I've never needed a concierge on my past 26 cruises.

What do they do that I can't do myself? And I don't need someone sucking up to me making me feel important by listening to my boring cruise stories.

To answer the OP, yes you will have full access to the Concierge Lounge for the duration of your cruise. As Diamond guests, we love the evening Diamond Event. On Monarch it was in the Viking lounge, Enchantment had a really nice area off to the side of the Champagne Bar. The white wine is not bad, haven't had a headache from it yet.....my true test of the tannins!! Sista enjoyed the sparkling wine....hey, it's a great perk. 3 hours of complimentary wine, sparkling wine and soda (I think they just added the soda), 25% off other alcoholic drinks. Kinda wierd they don't include beer in the freebies though.....

Lynda

Below is a brief summary of your amenities:

Let me know if they still have the Continental breakfast, or at least more importantly, the coffee. It does not have to be anything more than a cup of regular joe.

Sometimes it doesn't matter what you book you get no perks. I booked an owners suite on Liberty's 5th sailing within the first few minutes and didn't even have a dinner table reserved, They shoved us out in the hall. Not much help from the Concierge. And your talking pool chai reservations for a grand???

I feel for the concierges and the big hit they are taking with tips. In the past when Diamonds had access to the CL, most tipped out the concierge--at least I did. I, also, tipped out the bartenders and waiters in the lounge in the evenings that bought my drinks to me. Much smaller "tip pool" now for those guys and I have heard that some are "jumping ship."

Tucker in Texas

Archived