Does NCL have any kind of a future cruise credit program?

Rstamper

You can certainly use the $100 OBC on the Sky when you buy your deposit certificate, and I've read, often, that you can indeed put that deposit towards your already booked cruise. Some will say "technically" you cannot, but I say "in reality" you can. ;)

I'd say that while you can do this, it takes away part of its value. One of its benefits is that it decreases the amount you have to put down to hold a cabin. Not saying someone shouldn't do it, but if you know you will book ANOTHER NCL cruise, I'd save it for that.

I'd say that while you can do this, it takes away part of its value. One of its benefits is that it decreases the amount you have to put down to hold a cabin. Not saying someone shouldn't do it, but if you know you will book ANOTHER NCL cruise, I'd save it for that.

You dare question my logic? ;)

I "hear" what you're saying, but the "value" really doesn't change.. you just owe more when it comes to final payment.. you're putting off the inevitable.. now if that's what you mean by "value," then I concur. :p

I "hear" what you're saying, but the "value" really doesn't change.. you just owe more when it comes to final payment.. you're putting off the inevitable.. now if that's what you mean by "value," then I concur. :p

Didn't mean to question your logic! :eek: In fact, I shouldn't have quoted you, but the person who asked the question. Value may not be the right word, but one of the benefits. How's that? ;) You are right, it's all the same in the end. I just find it easier to book the next cruise if I have a cruise rewards certificate rather than having to put out a full deposit. That has a "value" to me. :)

If they give it to me, consider it spent!:D Like using up all my VC days before I retired. Some people actually save them up!

I looked and their are no 1 nighters in Sept-October? I would like to do this on the Star to see if I would like it for next summer. We have only been on the Pearl so far.

Actually, there are two 1-night cruises in September 2009. One - the Pearl - Sept 20 and the Star - Sept 19th. They are a little hard to find because they are under "Cruise to Nowhere" instead of Pacific Coastal. My TA had a hard time finding it, but she is holding a cabin for me until Monday and I am just waiting for my sister and some of her friends to decide if they want to go.

Why is it so cheap to get a 1-nighter out of Seattle, WA compared with a 1-nighter out of New York City? Going out of NYC is more than double!:cool:

We wonder the same thing. Even Princess has cheap coastal cruises on the west coast.....not fair!

Norfolk has two 2-nt cruises annually on Carnival and they are $400 pp.:eek: For a little more we can take a 7-nt out of FLL. I just wish they had more variety on the east coast at affordable prices.

We wonder the same thing. Even Princess has cheap coastal cruises on the west coast.....not fair!

Norfolk has two 2-nt cruises annually on Carnival and they are $400 pp.:eek: For a little more we can take a 7-nt out of FLL. I just wish they had more variety on the east coast at affordable prices.

I looked at Boston, NY and Maryland and all the 1-nighters are $149 to $170 BEFORE port charges and taxes! I do recognize that 2 people will get three meals and a "hotel" for a night, but $400+ for a single night out even with 3 meals each is a bit steep for me. :cool::confused::eek:

Actually, there are two 1-night cruises in September 2009. One - the Pearl - Sept 20 and the Star - Sept 19th. They are a little hard to find because they are under "Cruise to Nowhere" instead of Pacific Coastal. My TA had a hard time finding it, but she is holding a cabin for me until Monday and I am just waiting for my sister and some of her friends to decide if they want to go.

Thank you for this information. I really was disappointed when I didn't see one for the Star as I want to go on it to see if we would like to book an Alaskan cruise next summer. Truthfully I'm not sure about the Star as it doesn't seem to have as high a rating as the Pearl but we want to try another ship. We were on the Pearl in Jan (our 1st cruise) to Western Carribean and will be on her again in Jan to Easter Carribean. Don't get me wrong I love the Pearl and the crew just need to branch out a little. DH's bday is coming up soon so I think I will surprise him with this. :D Even though my CC name says how we intend to cruise normally (if possible) I think I will try a balcony on this one. It's only for one night so I figure won't be worth the extra money.:p

Why is it so cheap to get a 1-nighter out of Seattle, WA compared with a 1-nighter out of New York City? Going out of NYC is more than double!:cool:

I am not sure, but there are a lot of good deals for 1-4 night cruises (repositioning time) in May and Sept/Oct out of Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

NYC has very high port charges (along with everything else in the city).

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. :cool:

I am not sure, but there are a lot of good deals for 1-4 night cruises (repositioning time) in May and Sept/Oct out of Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Yeah, but if i have to fly there that would defeat the low costs.:cool:

So ncl is running a special on the epic but you have to book by august 31st to get it. I am going on the Dawn on August 30th and was planning on buying the $250 deposit. Since I will have already made a deposit for the Epic, can the $250 deposit i buy while on the Dawn go toward final payment for the Epic?

Also the $100 ON board credit that I earn while buying the deposit, do I get to use that while on the Dawn or on the future cruise?

While the port charges are sure a part of it, I think it is as simple as supply and demand. The NYC CTN's have become very very popular. The first one I ever took, the price dropped down to $49 the week before because there were still plenty of cabins available. That doesn't seem to happen anymore.

While the port charges are sure a part of it, I think it is as simple as supply and demand. The NYC CTN's have become very very popular. The first one I ever took, the price dropped down to $49 the week before because there were still plenty of cabins available. That doesn't seem to happen anymore.

yeah you can pretty much expect the NYC CTNs aren't going to fall below $99 for a inside. i THINK...if memory serves...coming down to the wire i was only seeing $129pp for an inside.

So ncl is running a special on the epic but you have to book by august 31st to get it. I am going on the Dawn on August 30th and was planning on buying the $250 deposit. Since I will have already made a deposit for the Epic, can the $250 deposit i buy while on the Dawn go toward final payment for the Epic?

Also the $100 ON board credit that I earn while buying the deposit, do I get to use that while on the Dawn or on the future cruise?

I would think that right there while you are on the Dawn and you buy your future cruise credit you would be able to book the Epic and use the $250 as the deposit right then and there. If you do it the day you embark then you get the $100 OBC for the Dawn and you get the epic discount that you say ends on 8/31.

Edited by smrtypnts

I would think that right there while you are on the Dawn and you buy your future cruise credit you would be able to book the Epic and use the $250 as the deposit right then and there. If you do it the day you embark then you get the $100 OBC for the Dawn and you get the epic discount that you say ends on 8/31.

I may be wrong, but I recall reading here that unlike some cruise lines, NCL does not have the facilities to book future cruises while you are on board the ship.

Edited by njhorseman

I may be wrong, but I recall reading here that unlike some cruise lines, NCL does not have the facilities to book future cruises while you are on board the ship.

I have no idea if they do now. But I know they used to because we booked on board once or twice before the advent of the cruise rewards program. That program took away the need to book on board.

But in Teesa's case, I believe they are already booked? So, yes, Teesa, you could apply it towards your final payment for the Epic cruise and take advantage of the $100 OBC on your Dawn cruise. Or you could save the rewards certificate for booking another future cruise as part of its benefit is that it alone books a cabin, rather than having to pay a full deposit. Of course, you can also buy more than one, one for the Epic cruise, one for a future, unknown cruise, and have $200 OBC. :)

Edited by Mooder