How much storage space under bed(s)?

MizzNewbie

How much storage space is under the bed(s) on the Sea Princess? Is it enough to fit suitcases underneath? We'll be in a mini-suite, but I saw photos of the so-called "walk-in" closet and it really doesn't look all that big.

Maybe we'll have to put our bags in the shower! :p

How much storage space is under the bed(s) on the Sea Princess? Is it enough to fit suitcases underneath? We'll be in a mini-suite, but I saw photos of the so-called "walk-in" closet and it really doesn't look all that big.

Maybe we'll have to put our bags in the shower! :p

Put your bags under the bed. Lots of space for them there. The "walk in closet" is a euphemism. ;)

Your Steward may be using the "under bed" space to store the bed spread.....ask that he move his stuff [he/she has closets that he can store stuff in, that are much bigger than yours] and you'll see there's lots of room for your bags....

Or, ask him/her to store them for you until the night before disembarkation.

Suitcases up to the 24" size should fit. We had a 26" suitcase for a while (no longer) that was too thick to fit under a bed on our cruises, but was OK for a corner in the closet.

All suitcases fit under the bed. You just lift the bed. My case is expandible 28".

If a big suit case does not fit, try it with the flap open.

DON'T do as once reported, first to save space the life jackets were put in a big case to save storage space, however, since it did not fit under the bed, it was given to the cabin attendant to store. Next came Life Boat Drill! Oops :D:o:eek:

john

Usually, Cabin Steward "stores" the Bed Spread under the bed.

OK. Gotcha. We don't want that scuzzy bedspead put on the bed, so on the first day we ask him/her to take it away and make it disappear permanently. If they store it under the bed, and they most likely do, they don't have to deal with it again until we vacate.

Not all.

I have to stack my two 32" Expandable Uprights in the corner of the closet area. Too big to fit under the bed.

How the H can you still be travelling with those monster sized suitcases? I guess they're OK if you're driving and not flying. I got rid of mine. They were wonderful, but with 50 lb. airline max, they weighed too much empty. When we were still allowed 70lbs., I used to check those suckers in at 69 1/2. :eek:

How the H can you still be travelling with those monster sized suitcases? I guess they're OK if you're driving and not flying. I got rid of mine. They were wonderful, but with 50 lb. airline max, they weighed too much empty. When we were still allowed 70lbs., I used to check those suckers in at 69 1/2. :eek:

I only use those suitcases when I drive to the cruise terminal.

(One has a great compartment for my formal wear)

As for weight -

I use this.

Best invention! :)

digital-luggage-scale.jpg

To make sure I don't go over 50lbs.

Don't want to hurt anyone's back ( including my own) :rolleyes:...;)

~~

As for weight -

I use this.

~~

I bought a cheapie one about two years ago and it broke. Besides, I can't lift such a heavy weight. We use our scale at home (a doctor's scale) so that's pretty accurate, and I more or less remember what goes into each case and try to pack the same way on return.

As for weight -

I use this.

~~

I have one of those too. Love it. It is so accurate and I don't travel by air without it now.

Archived