Pre-cruise LAX

Has anybody stayed in LA on a pre-cruise? RCCL offers 3 hotels in Long Beach; Westin, Hilton, Hyatt. Any opinions on the hotels? They all look like good hotels and priced only a few dollars apart.

Thanks in advance for the help

If you go over to the West Coast Departure board there are a few LA locals who can give you all the info you need. There are a number of threads on LA hotels over there.

Thanks for the re-direct. I spend so much time on the RCCL sites, I wasn't aware of the content on some of the other threads. I'll have to keep that in mind for city, etc info in the future.

Has anybody stayed in LA on a pre-cruise? RCCL offers 3 hotels in Long Beach; Westin, Hilton, Hyatt. Any opinions on the hotels? They all look like good hotels and priced only a few dollars apart.

Thanks in advance for the help

I stayed at the Westin pre-cruise in 2007... I loved the hotel and would stay there again in a heartbeat. Hilton is also a good choice, but never stayed there. You may want to check the hotel web sites and see if you can get them at a better price on your own, sometimes RCCL marks it up.

I stayed at the Westin pre-cruise in 2007... I loved the hotel and would stay there again in a heartbeat. Hilton is also a good choice, but never stayed there. You may want to check the hotel web sites and see if you can get them at a better price on your own, sometimes RCCL marks it up.

I did some checking directly with the hotel (Hyatt). Got a MUCH better price than RCCL. The Westin and Hyatt are very close to each other. I liked the location a little better than Westin. It's right next to the walkway to the harbor.

the RCCL rates are PER PERSON not per room....you can probably do better solo.....

pop over to the west coast board (where this will probably get moved...)

curt jerome wild one of the experts in the area will have lots of ideas for you i am sure!

You can get the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro often for $65. I have also stayed at the DoubleTree in San Pedro, and the Hyatt in Long Beach. The Hyatt has the best gym, if you care (I do, LOL). But, I actually preferred the CP to the DT in San Pedro. Both offer free shuttles to the ship.;)

I stayed there several times and love the location. From my hotel window I saw the Mariner docked.

They have a shuttle to the ship and pick you up after the cruise.

The hotel is kept beautiful and very clean.

If people drive, as I did, they have a Park and Cruise package available where your car is in their underground garage for up to 15 days.

Crowne Plaza Hotel

LOS ANGELES HARBOR HOTEL

601 S. PALOS VERDES ST.

SAN PEDRO, CA 90731 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-310-5198200 | Hotel Fax: 1-310-5198421

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/laxpv

Walk 1 block down and you are on the piers with lots of shops and restaurants.

http://www.sanpedro.com/sp_point/portcall.htm

EDIT: I believe this is the closest hotel to the ship. ;)

Archived