Golden Eagle Catamaran Sail & Snorkel

bsfd118

Did it several years ago. They were a VERY organized and attentive company. We lost a bag, and it was returned to the ship with everything intact. The sail to/from was very relaxing and scenic. The boat was spotless, the crew outgoing and friendly.

The cold champagne can throw you for a loop, so watch out.

Now with that all said - if you are going for the snorkeling, it was not very good when we went. The area was heavily silted, and we only saw some small common fish. But several storms have been thru and GE may go to different stops now - so it could be way different now. Also to echo that we did not see any of the island via that tour. Very pretty from the water, but we just returned yesterday from an island tour and thought the day was more fulfilling.

So if you want a less-active, more relax trip - by all means GE is a great boat to be on. Depending on your other stops and plans, if you want a more active day and to see island itself - maybe try something else.

This is a well run tour. I would not put it in the Booze Cruise catagory, but they have liberal food and beverage service. It is a great sail out to the island and the beach is very nice and private. All their equipment was well maintained and service was very friendly. We recommend it to all our friends going to St. Martin.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

No way would I use Golden Eagle for any thing Was on the NCL Sky Dec. 03 Arrived in St Martin on DEC.25 found that every thing was close down. Stores and land trans. The cruise line came up with a few tours We took the golden eagle booze and snorkel tour. The boat was a old fishing boat with fish smell :eek:, Not a cat. as listed. Had a total on 24 adults aboard Got to simpson bay. Water was clouded could not see over five feet. The captain said that it was very clear. We give it a try. Snorkel for 30 min. did not see any marine life any where.

Got back aboard and veryone asked to be return to the ship The captain said no must stay out for three hours at snorkel site. The Booze lasted for 45 min. And he still refuse to return. A group of us tossed overboard told him to swim to shore and get some more booze. Took him 50 min. to get some and he had some police officers with Most of the guys who help toss him were police and fire fighters and after showing thier ID and the tour sheet They tossed the captain over the side and left.

And started back and tried to land us as far as he could from the pickup point Then golden eagle tryed to bill us for the booze we sent him for..

They tried to detain us but by then we were feeling no pain and was in a fowl mood. They even tried to keep our gear, clothing and cameras. Had some NCL people there and they took our side. golden eagle tried to hold up some of thier other water tours that were still out.

Paul

No way would I use Golden Eagle for any thing Was on the NCL Sky Dec. 03 Arrived in St Martin on DEC.25 found that every thing was close down. Stores and land trans. The cruise line came up with a few tours We took the golden eagle booze and snorkel tour. The boat was a old fishing boat with fish smell :eek:, Not a cat. as listed. Had a total on 24 adults aboard. Got to simpson bay. Water was clouded could not see over five feet. The captain said that it was very clear. We give it a try. Snorkel for 30 min. did not see any marine life any where.

Got back aboard and very one asked to be return to the ship The captain said no must stay out for three hours at snorkel site. The Booze lasted for 45 min. And he still refuse to return. A group of us tossed him overboard told him to swim to shore and get some more booze. Took him 50 min. to get some and he had some police officers with Most of the guys who help toss him were police and fire fighters and after showing thier ID and the tour sheet. They tossed the captain over the side and left.

And started back and tried to land us as far as he could from the pickup point

Then golden eagle tried to bill us for the booze we sent him for..

They tried to detain us but by then we were feeling no pain and was in a fowl mood. They even tried to keep our gear, clothing and cameras. Had some NCL people there and they took our side. golden eagle tried to hold up some of thier other water tours that were still out.

Paul

No way would I use Golden Eagle for any thing Was on the NCL Sky Dec. 03 Arrived in St Martin on DEC.25 found that every thing was close down. Stores and land trans. The cruise line came up with a few tours We took the golden eagle booze and snorkel tour. The boat was a old fishing boat with fish smell :eek:, Not a cat. as listed. Had a total on 24 adults aboard. Got to simpson bay. Water was clouded could not see over five feet. The captain said that it was very clear. We give it a try. Snorkel for 30 min. did not see any marine life any where.

Got back aboard and very one asked to be return to the ship The captain said no must stay out for three hours at snorkel site. The Booze lasted for 45 min. And he still refuse to return. A group of us tossed him overboard told him to swim to shore and get some more booze. Took him 50 min. to get some and he had some police officers with Most of the guys who help toss him were police and fire fighters and after showing thier ID and the tour sheet. They tossed the captain over the side and left.

Paul

Is this review from 2003?

I have been on Golden Eagle several times. I have always enjoyed it. Great sail, fun on the beach, light snacks and drinks. How could ask for anything more. Still leaves time to shop or walk around St. Martin.

IT was posted as I wrote it here stayed for a total of three days before it was removed.

Paul

I am not surprised that it was removed but I am surprised that you reposted it. This experience "happened" over 7 years ago. Who knows if the owners are the same people.

I am not surprised that it was removed but I am surprised that you reposted it. This experience "happened" over 7 years ago. Who knows if the owners are the same people.

Karysa They later E-mail all of us who were on the tour that they were going refund us our money. We are still waiting and until they do will keep posting.

Paul

Karysa They later E-mail all of us who were on the tour that they were going refund us our money. We are still waiting and until they do will keep posting.

Paul

I just hope that you know that it is the same owners at least. It seems that they have had good reviews recently on here.

Our family has done this excursion twice...and LOVED it both times. It is a well-maintained catamaran. The very attentive crew serves champagne (they actually put on bow ties!!) without spilling very much! The snorkeling was decent, but not the best, due to choppy conditions. However, we still had a blast, and I highly recommend it!

Paul

Are you confirming that this happened in 2003?

gary

p.s. Wondering how they got everyone's e-mail address to communicate with all.

Paul

Golden eagle is a beautiful catamaran! I don't know what boat you were on!:confused:

Our family has done this excursion twice...and LOVED it both times. It is a well-maintained catamaran. The very attentive crew serves champagne (they actually put on bow ties!!) without spilling very much! The snorkeling was decent, but not the best, due to choppy conditions. However, we still had a blast, and I highly recommend it!

Hello!

I was just wondering how recently you went on the golden eagle? Have you experienced the new itinerary to mullet/long bay? Also did you do a half day or full day cruise? Carnival only offers a half day...3.5 hrs doesn't seem very long :(

Thanks!

The summer of 2008 was our most recent trip with Golden Eagle. Prior to that, we sailed with them in 2006, I believe! We did the half day, offered by Carnival. That gave us the afternoon to enjoy shopping and a little more beach time. It really was a great excursion!

The summer of 2008 was our most recent trip with Golden Eagle. Prior to that, we sailed with them in 2006, I believe! We did the half day, offered by Carnival. That gave us the afternoon to enjoy shopping and a little more beach time. It really was a great excursion!

Great! Thanks for the feedback! :)

Archived