Don't Want e-Docs! Help!

wrighka

I've spent the last hour trying to figure out how I change my documents from E-docs to paper-docs!!!! I just completed all paperwork on line and the site says I have E-docs; I want paper docs.

Anyone know how I change this on Carnival's site????? :confused:

I've spent the last hour trying to figure out how I change my documents from E-docs to paper-docs!!!! I just completed all paperwork on line and the site says I have E-docs; I want paper docs.

Anyone know how I change this on Carnival's site????? :confused:

As far as I know you can't once you click e-docs that is what you get.. you could try calling Carnival and ask them;)

OK, if I can't get paper docs, my luggage tags will only print off in black and white - what about that???????

I've printed mine in B&W the past 3 cruises...no issues.

At the port, they have the colored tags if you prefer.

Ok, I've calmed down and will be quite happy with black and white! :D

What i do recommend is to buy clear packing tape and cover each side with the clear packing tape. That way when you staple them it gives them more strength. I notice on my first cruise that during "sorting" some bags were set aside that had lost its tag.:eek:

Edocs are probably preferred by many people now. You can view your information within a few days of making final payment. I don't go on the Glory for 170 or so days, but I have already done final payment and have my edocs for the cruise!!! No waiting until a few days before for the paper docs!!!!

You could cosinder upgrading to a color photo inkjet printer. I have seen clearance, not obsolete, but discontinued from the stores inventory, printers for $80 or less at places like Wal-Mart!

I beleive that is all that is available now....

Nope not correct. You need to always click on paper docs when you review, until the paper ones have printed and mailed. I am 34 days out, and just today I could see the edocs, with "Paper Docs to be Mailed" at the top of the screen.

It just wants to default to E-docs so that is what happens most often.

R

Lol! I thought the color of your luggage tag meant something! Ok, I've calmed down and will be quite happy with black and white! :D

Thanks everyone for your help!

Carnival recently announced that for sailing after August 23rd that only electronic documents would be available. The letter that they sent to TAs advised that the porters at the piers would have luggage tags for anyone that wants to have real tags and not the stuff you print.

If you want the tags like they have always mailed just get them at the pier and add your name and cabin #.

I booked through AmEx Travel this time, but was told ONLY E-Docs were available now. Not that it matters to me.

Along with doing the masking tape, instead of stapling them I use double side tape to tape the ends together.. The tags will not come off that way. I did it like that the lasted time we sailed. They didn't come off easily.

Save the ink and paper. The Funpass is the only document that needs to be printed out. Also there is no reason to even print out the luggage tags. The porters at the terminal have them and will put them on your bags for you.

This is great information - thank you!:)

Maybe its a glitch on Carnivals site(go figure a glitch on Carnivals website), but it still allows me to choose paper docs for my Nov. cruise which I booked 1 week ago

Just logged in to "My Reservation" and it still is letting me choose paper. Like 1 minute ago from 12:08am.

Archived