sushi eaters

mgmigs

realistically what can i expect from the sushi bar? i eat sushi reguarly and was wondering what the carnival sushi compares to. i've had the rccl sushi which i feel is absolutely awful. rccl does not use any raw fish..... all they use is smoked salmon, veggies and sometimes shrimp.

They serve 4 different kinds of sushi each night. They have a sushi chef make it right in front of you.

I think it is pretty good.

We usually stop by on the way to dinner and pick up some. We walk right into the dining room holding our plate of sushi. A lot of people are jealous.

It's definitely not a "sushi bar" in any traditional sense, and same ingredients (cooked fish, shrimp, and some veggies). It's set up with a sushi chef who makes a couple kinds of rolls and a couple types of sushi, and you wait in line for your turn at a few pieces. It's not bad, but if you go into it expecting it to be some kind of sushi meal, you'll be disappointed. It's basically in line with most supermarket sushi.

It was an interesting experience and it was cool to have a little taste of sake (which they also sell alongside the sushi) and sit in the lounge watching the setting sun, but on the 2nd night they served it we didn't feel like it was worth the line.

realistically what can i expect from the sushi bar? i eat sushi reguarly and was wondering what the carnival sushi compares to. i've had the rccl sushi which i feel is absolutely awful. rccl does not use any raw fish..... all they use is smoked salmon, veggies and sometimes shrimp.

Sad, very sad. Not worth the effort of standing in line. Go have a piece of pizza .

In April on the Splendor they had a large display of offerings at the sushi bar. I don't eat sushi so I didn't try it. I was surprised with all the items they had out since all the other ships seemed to have a more limited selection available?

To the person who posted the picture of the sushi what is the rolled up item on the right side of your plate? It actually looks quite tasty. What is the green stuff dolloped on top of it??

It's definitely not a "sushi bar" in any traditional sense, and same ingredients (cooked fish, shrimp, and some veggies). It's set up with a sushi chef who makes a couple kinds of rolls and a couple types of sushi, and you wait in line for your turn at a few pieces. It's not bad, but if you go into it expecting it to be some kind of sushi meal, you'll be disappointed. It's basically in line with most supermarket sushi.

It was an interesting experience and it was cool to have a little taste of sake (which they also sell alongside the sushi) and sit in the lounge watching the setting sun, but on the 2nd night they served it we didn't feel like it was worth the line.

The sake is not bad but even supermarket sushi is better.

To the person who posted the picture of the sushi what is the rolled up item on the right side of your plate? It actually looks quite tasty. What is the green stuff dolloped on top of it??

Those had salmon in them. The green dollop is wasabi (horseradish). The tuna (on the left) was really fresh and delicious.

Don't waste your time then..

I did and was very dissappointed..

I am a very big sushi eater as well....

Its great for a beginner..

In April on the Splendor they had a large display of offerings at the sushi bar. I don't eat sushi so I didn't try it. I was surprised with all the items they had out since all the other ships seemed to have a more limited selection available?

As previously mentionned the little green "dollup" is wasabi. I believe the rolled up item you mentionned is marinated cucumber. Quite fresh and yummy. I like the sushi bar because it gives me an opportunity to eat marinated ginger which helps protect against sea sickness;)

Don't waste your time then..

I did and was very dissappointed..

I am a very big sushi eater as well....

Its great for a beginner..

I'm not a beginner sushi eater and I enjoyed it. I've had better but I've had worse and we love going before dinner and having drinks and sushi. Always fresh and tasty. We have had Tuna, Eel, salmon, shrimp and vege sushi is what I have had on the ships.

It's worth a try!

DSCN0125.jpg

I really enjoyed it on the Fantasy. DH and I had sushi appetizers before dinner 4 out of 5 nights.

My thoughts exactly...I tried a couple of things I know I wouldn't have tried at home and it was good. No complaints from me.

While I live in a town that thrives on restaurants and sushi bars etc.

I quite enjoy it, at home and aboard. I've never had a complaint .

DSCN0125.jpg

I have never tried sushi but really want to on my next cruise. I don't want to look COMPLETELY stupid when I order. This stuff looks awful and I wouldn't even know how to go about eating it. Can you please describe what everything is and how to eat? BTW, I can't use chopsticks, can I just use a fork? And please, don't laugh at me for my ??? or when you see me on the ship trying to eat this:D

DSCN0125.jpg

I have never tried sushi but really want to on my next cruise. I don't want to look COMPLETELY stupid when I order. This stuff looks awful and I wouldn't even know how to go about eating it. Can you please describe what everything is and how to eat? BTW, I can't use chopsticks, can I just use a fork? And please, don't laugh at me for my ??? or when you see me on the ship trying to eat this:D

not sure what the sushi is here but the larger ones look like seared tuna? two of the rolls looks like shrimp and cucumber and i don't know what the other two with the green dollop are. proper etiquette is to use either chopsticks or your fingers. DO NOT USE A FORK.

rccl sushi which i feel is absolutely awful. rccl does not use any raw fish..... all they use is smoked salmon, veggies and sometimes shrimp.

We went on Monarch in April and they had a real sushi bar and used raw fish if you ordered the correct thing, but you had to pay for it. :(

I have used both forks and chop sticks as well as other people around me.

Try the California roll ,it seems the be the starting place for sushi eaters.

Archived