Passion Is. excursion in Cozumel?

We've been to Passion Island twice, and look forward to a third visit next year. The boat ride over takes about 1/2 hour, and the ride can be a little rough. The beach itself is very beautiful, and we enjoyed the unlimited corona beer, margaritas and lunch provided. Best guacamole that I've ever eaten. There are lot's of beach chairs, umbrellas and palm trees for shade. There are some small shops that sell local items, but the vendors were not pushy. The tour operators limit the number of people they take over, so the beach is not crowded, Overall it's a very laid back kind of experience.

Hesitated to respond to this because I have not taken the excursion you specifically asked about. However, I would reccommend Playa Uvas. You can book excursions that go there (look for something about the clear kayaks), but it's far less expensive to go there on your own.

The resort is quite small. You have to make reservations in advance because they limit the number of people, so it doesnt' get crowded. You do not have to pay a deposit in advance, only book and estimate what time you intend to be there.

It was a $10-each way cab ride. The resort is part of the Chakanaab (SP?) park, but separated from the main beach. The resort has a pool, offers massage services for a fee, clear kayaks, snokeling, etc. You can choose different packages, which include different things. When we went in January, we chose a package which included the clear kayaks, open bar and frajita lunch. We were assigned a server upon arrival who made sure our drinks never ran out. The frajita lunch was excellent. The clear kayak wasn't quite as cool as we'd hoped, but still fun. We did snorkeling on our own, having brought along our own equipment. The entire package cost us about $40/pp, so about $50/pp if you count the cab ride. A great deal.

As I said, the beach is quite small, but very nice and you'll be treated like a celebrity. It's quiet there - not loud and touristy. But there is a bar, food and clean facilities. We loved it.

They have a website if you want to check them out.

Thank you for responding. I am looking for a relaxing beach day.

gemcam--regarding the bugs

mosquitoes, flies, sand fleas?

are they at the food area or out on the beach?

You know, I'm not entirely sure but I would just decribe them as little flies- I don't think they were mosquitos and they were on the beach not the food area. the little hut sells repellant but it is not effective. Bring the heavy duty stuff from home.

Gemcam1,

Thanks for replying. I asked about the bugs because we had a terrible time with mosquitoes at the San Gervasio ruins in Cozumel. I cannot describe adequaetely how bad my son was eaten up by them. I am not sure I can convince him to get off the ship.:eek:

Thank you for responding. I am looking for a relaxing beach day.

gemcam--regarding the bugs

mosquitoes, flies, sand fleas?

are they at the food area or out on the beach?

When we visited there were a quite a few flies in the food area.

We were there in April during our FOS cruise. Had a great day. It was somewhat windy, so we had no issues with bugs.

Say hi to Leo for us if he is working your excursion. He took very good care of us.

Rumor has it that some or all of the Corona beer ads were filmed on Passion Island. It is as close to paradise as we have ever been to!

Tim

We've been to Passion Island 3 times and on our last visit decided to try Nachi Cocom. Nachi will be the spot we go to from now on. It's cheaper and the food and drinks are far superior to Passion. Also, it's a 10 minute cab ride away.

One caution about getting to Passion, the boat ride over can be really rough so if you're the least bit queasy on a boat take something in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are certain sunblocks (eco friendly ones) that are only allowed at Passion Island? I want to make sure we have the right sun protection when we go.

Thanks!

Mary Anne

Archived