Upgrade to Suite-Free

Hi everyone, A co-worker of mine is leaving on NCL to Alaska this weekend. He recieved a call to upgrade from a balcony to a suite for $250. He said no way, I'll take it for free though. He recieved a call today and they said he could have it without paying the extra $250. Does this happen often? I'd love to get upgraded to a suite!:) Maybe we will call NCL the week before we sail and see what happens.;)

They usually don't upgrade people for free. If they wanted to sell your room, they would simply offer the suite for sale at the same price as your room would go for.

If they call you for an upgrade, it is going to cost. Sometimes it is a good deal. Once I got an upgrade from the cheapest inside to an outside a few floors up, for $80 total for the cabin!

Hi everyone, A co-worker of mine is leaving on NCL to Alaska this weekend. He recieved a call to upgrade from a balcony to a suite for $250. He said no way, I'll take it for free though. He recieved a call today and they said he could have it without paying the extra $250. Does this happen often? I'd love to get upgraded to a suite!:) Maybe we will call NCL the week before we sail and see what happens.;)

I have to believe it was a mini suite. Chances are the current price for that mini suite is less then they paid for the balcony.

for my trip to Alaska. While they were gracious and slightly encouraging, there is only one balcony room left and the mini suite is actually cheaper than the balcony rooms. Next week's Pearl seems to have lots of space and cheaper rates than the July 5th week.

It may happen, but very very very rare.

Also, I agree with an earlier poster. Bet it is a mini suite, which is really not a suite. Maybe somebody needed his exact cabin due to connecting cabin, or handicapped.

Bet there is more to the story.There usually is.

On our NORWEGIAN DAWN cruise some years back, we booked an AG minisuite GTY. Since there are only 4 of these cabins we were pretty sure we were going to get upgraded. When our tickets came, we had been upgraded to an AC suite. No charge.

On our NORWEGIAN DAWN cruise some years back, we booked an AG minisuite GTY. Since there are only 4 of these cabins we were pretty sure we were going to get upgraded. When our tickets came, we had been upgraded to an AC suite. No charge.

It happens and someone wins the Mega lottery. About the same odds. :D

It may happen, but very very very rare.

Also, I agree with an earlier poster. Bet it is a mini suite, which is really not a suite. Maybe somebody needed his exact cabin due to connecting cabin, or handicapped.

Bet there is more to the story.There usually is.

i'd luv to know if OP was referring to the Star sailing this Saturday

& an AG cabin:rolleyes:, my AG cabin

they mistakenly cancelled my ressie on Sunday:mad:, I caught it yesterday & after much wrangling all is well, although my much wanted cabin was already gone:(, at least they found another spot for me elsewhere & some comped stuff

as indicated above, always a back story to everything;)

Archived