A Convincing Arguement...

SliderNc

For the price difference I would say go with Royal Caribbean. However I don't know much on the Legend, has never been a ship I had been interested enough to look at. I do know for Christmas I looked at Royal Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas (maybe Indpenedence?) I think and the Carnival Dream and Disney Magic - anyway all three ships that would depart from Port Canaveral. Hands down we went with the Dream - newer ship, closer port that Ft. Lauderdale and cost was best out of all three.

Our week at Christmas the Legend is only about $100 pp less than what I paid for the Dream. If you could do it I would say you would be better to book the Dream if you wanted to book a Carnival ship.

You are a very smart man, you know when to just let it go!!

After my first Carnival cruise, I swore I would never go on Carnival again. I did a few more RCCL, and then one day saw a deal we could not give up..and did a Carnival...then another deal we couldn't give up and did another Carnival. I went on each one of those with a very open mind and said I was out to have a good time, and the cruise was a great price. I had a great time on each of those cruises. I will still do RCCL, but my next cruise is on Carnival. For us, it was the price. I learned that things can go wrong on either ship. I am sure that if I had gone on another Carnival right after the first Carnival, I would have found something to complain about. I was that miserable on the first one that I would have not thought clearly. I need that time to get the bad out of my head!! Looking back I realize that there were circumstances on that first cruise that were not Carnival's fault, and it could have been any cruiseline.

I am one of those that finds the food to be about even. We usually eat meals in the main dinning room. My kids have been happy with both sets of kids programs. I find the alcohol the same on each ship :D!! I do find the Carnival staterooms to be larger. I like how on Carnival there are washer and dryers so I can do some laundry if I want. I am glad that my husband convinced me to try just one more time!!

Good luck! I am sure you will have a great time!

Terry

Archived