Just got upgraded to a PS Suite on Coral Princess - what can I expect? :)

floridacruisegirl

:)Oh my gosh!! Our cruise to Alaska is in three days and we just received a call from our travel agent that Princess can upgrade us (we had one mini suite and one non-balcony room booked) to one PS suite (instead of the two rooms)! We accepted, of course! :)

Our original rooms were on the starboard side (northbound to Alaska), so that is what we are giving up, as the PS is on the port side. After so much effort in choosing a sail date specifically so that we could go when a starboard cabin was available in the location of the ship we wanted (aft dolphin covered mini suite), it's funny how now we're going to sail in a PS...but when else can we sail in a PS without paying big $$$$ for it?!

So, experienced Princess suite veterans, can you please share with me how we can maximize on the suite perks that will come with our new PS Caribe deck suite? :) What suite extras can we now expect?

I have done all the organizing for this trip, as I want to make it the best possible vacation for my traveling companions [(grandma and her friend (who is like family to me)], as it will be a once in a lifetime trip for them. Although elderly (but still in good condition to travel), my grandma and friend haven't really travelled much up until a couple years ago when I told them that we will now go on a trip every year to somewhere new (now that I am out of school and with a career).

So, in conclusion, I don't know if we'll ever have this wonderful opportunity of sailing in a PS suite ever again. This time, it's a dream come true and we really got lucky.

Please share tips on how we can make the most out of our newfound PS suite - what perks are publicized and what perks are not publicized but available to us? Please share how we can make this once in a lifetime trip even better than it is already looking to be!! :) Thank you so much - your shared tips are greatly appreciated!!!!:)

I'm leaving for the airport in a few hours, as we're spending time in Vancouver pre-cruise. Thanks again every one!!!!!!

Congratulations, nothing better than a suite upgrade. ;)

You will find a list in your suite of perks available to you for this cruise.

This will also give you an idea of what is in store for you onboard. http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

But I do hope they aren't trying to put 4 passengers in a PS suite that only holds 3? Please tell me you only have 3 passengers total.

Congratulations, nothing better than a suite upgrade. ;)

You will find a list in your suite of perks available to you for this cruise.

This will also give you an idea of what is in store for you onboard. http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

But I do hope they aren't trying to put 4 passengers in a PS suite that only holds 3? Please tell me you only have 3 passengers total.

Thank you for the article! :) We're just three people. I know this may sound silly, but I'm really looking forward to the complimentary internet access in the cafe (and here I was telling every one that I wasn't going to be checking email on the trip to avoid the high costs). I'm going to the airport straight from work today, so it's now too late to bring my laptop...but at least I can still access internet at the cafe. :)

I'm seeing my grandma and friend tomorrow morning and will surprise them with the good news at that time!! :) This is really a dream come true!!

We took my mother to Hawaii in a PS suite which was awesome except for the sofa bed. My husband wouldn't let my mother sleep on it since the mattress was paper thin and even the egg crate wasn't much help. He woke up every morning with a stiff back. Being an ex-Marine who has slept on the ground for months on end you know it was hard! After three days of a stiff back he told the steward not to bother setting up the sofa bed, he would just sleep on the sofa itself without it being made into a bed. The sofa is more a love seat, so seeing this 6' tall man sleeping on it was pretty funny. I am only 5' 2" and he wouldn't let me sleep there. The perks are great! Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the article! :) We're just three people. I know this may sound silly, but I'm really looking forward to the complimentary internet access in the cafe (and here I was telling every one that I wasn't going to be checking email on the trip to avoid the high costs). I'm going to the airport straight from work today, so it's now too late to bring my laptop...but at least I can still access internet at the cafe. :)

I'm seeing my grandma and friend tomorrow morning and will surprise them with the good news at that time!! :) This is really a dream come true!!

Oh, I am so very glad to hear that, as the PS only hold three passengers. You'll have to flip a coin to see who gets the sofa bed. ;) Three passengers will fit fine. And the complimentary unlimited internet is just a small part of the perks, there are many more much nicer than unlimited internet access. Have a wonderful time.

We took my mother to Hawaii in a PS suite which was awesome except for the sofa bed. My husband wouldn't let my mother sleep on it since the mattress was paper thin and even the egg crate wasn't much help. He woke up every morning with a stiff back. Being an ex-Marine who has slept on the ground for months on end you know it was hard! After three days of a stiff back he told the steward not to bother setting up the sofa bed, he would just sleep on the sofa itself without it being made into a bed. The sofa is more a love seat, so seeing this 6' tall man sleeping on it was pretty funny. I am only 5' 2" and he wouldn't let me sleep there. The perks are great! Enjoy your cruise!

The sofa bed situation shall prove interesting - I noticed that when on the phone with the travel agent. Princess is giving us a hefty amount of shipboard credit (in the amount almost the cost of the non-balcony room, less $100), so I agreed to the upgrade (from a mini suite with balcony and room without balcony to just one PS suite). I'm not looking forward to sleeping on the sofabed, but I'm happy that the three of us will be able to stay in the suite together and enjoy the suite while we have it. :)

How did you like Hawaii, by the way? I grew up there! :) That is where my grandma and friend live - we'll be seeing each other at the airport tomorrow!:)

Since you're doing Alaska, you'll enjoy the free laundry. Also, if there is a day you're either too tired or just don't want to go "out" to eat, you can breakfast, lunch, and dinner delivered to your room. Your room steward will provide you with the menus for the next day each evening.

Also, try to find time to take a bath. It is a whirlpool tub and they have very lovely bath salts next to the tub. Oh, and the thermal suite (in the spa) is also complimentary. They have heated ceramic tile beds plus a variety of saunas and showers with different aromatherapy scents ... all free to you, the suite passenger.

Those are just a few of my favorite perks. You'll also have a lovely large balcony to enjoy. Enjoy your trip! You'll have a fabulous time!

Congrats on the upgrade. Now that everyone else has told you about the suite perks I will mention to you that I think the port side is better especially in Glacier Bay. When you cruise in the National Park Service does their comentary while going in and most of the views are on the port side. Now of course when you leave you will see what you missed but the National park Service no longer does their comentary after that. So being on the port side is a good thing. You will enjoy the coral; have been on hear 6 times and loved every single cruise I have taken on her. Enjoy

Marilyn

The sofa bed situation shall prove interesting - I noticed that when on the phone with the travel agent. Princess is giving us a hefty amount of shipboard credit (in the amount almost the cost of the non-balcony room, less $100), so I agreed to the upgrade (from a mini suite with balcony and room without balcony to just one PS suite). I'm not looking forward to sleeping on the sofabed, but I'm happy that the three of us will be able to stay in the suite together and enjoy the suite while we have it. :)

How did you like Hawaii, by the way? I grew up there! :) That is where my grandma and friend live - we'll be seeing each other at the airport tomorrow!:)

We had planned the same cruise this year, just the two of us, but had to cancel as I am now unemployed. My mother had open heart surgery in 2004 which scared her tremendously. We told her after her recovery we would take her any where she wanted to go. She chose Hawaii so we booked the 15 days out of LA. We loved Hawaii. My husband was stationed there for three years so we had a built in tour guide on Oahu. Rented a car and toured the entire island. Mom has mobility issues so on the other islands we did a luau, toured gardens, etc., things that didn't take a lot of walking. Hopefully I can get a job soon and we will be able to book it again for 2011. We love Alaska (trip #4 there in 2010)! Have a great cruise!

We did a 10 day Panama Canal last fall....my husband is a snorer beyond belief..we have slept peacefully in separate rooms for years..likely why we are still married :p:p

the folks we were traveling with took inside cabins...no way jose for me..

so we anted up and paid extra for the mini suite..well worth the money..plus I would never cruise again without a balcony...we were on the Island,,Baja deck..the cabin was actually very nice...with the sofa bed near the balcony..I figured I could bunk there if hubby snored me out..which of course he did..first night I curled up on the sofa til about 2am when I guess I was tired enuf,,with earplugs..to endure sleeping in the same bed...second night I had the steward pull out the sofa bed...yikes..it was paper thin and every metal bar hit you either mid back or lower bed..the snorer was a better alternative..I never asked the steward to prepare the sofa bed again..

for kids..I would choose the mini suites with the pull down bunks..at least they seem to have a mattress

have never met a sofa bed that I could sleep on

just my h.o.

One perk not listed is that you can have room service breakfast delivered to your room on the last day.

You have to order it the evening before but then on the last morning when everyone else is rushing around a crowded ship you can enjoy your "last" meal on your balcony and end the trip on a high note! :D:D

We did a 10 day Panama Canal last fall....my husband is a snorer beyond belief..we have slept peacefully in separate rooms for years..likely why we are still married :p:p

so we anted up and paid extra for the mini suite..well worth the money..plus I would never cruise again without a balcony...we were on the Island,,Baja deck..the cabin was actually very nice...with the sofa bed near the balcony..I figured I could bunk there if hubby snored me out..which of course he did..first night I curled up on the sofa til about 2am when I guess I was tired enuf,,with earplugs..to endure sleeping in the same bed...second night I had the steward pull out the sofa bed...yikes..it was paper thin and every metal bar hit you either mid back or lower bed..the snorer was a better alternative..I never asked the steward to prepare the sofa bed again..

for kids..I would choose the mini suites with the pull down bunks..at least they seem to have a mattress

just my h.o.

Next time, ask the room steward for an egg crate mattress pad or two for the sofa bed, it really makes a huge difference. ;)

We didn't find out we were upgraded to a PH till we were at the port and didn't even figure out we had free internet and laundry. So bring less clothes. You can have your suit pressed for formal night. You will have a free minibar setup 1 time. Corsages for 1st formal night and canapes delivered daily. We LOVED the bathroon. You can enter from the bedroom or the living room. It was divided into two sections, toilet and sink, then a door into the section with a jaquzi tub and separate shower. Ask for an eggcrate for all beds as I have found Princess to have the most uncomfotable beds of any line. Enjoy!

My Mom, cousin and I were upgraded to a PH suite on our RT to Hawaii. I got the sofa bed. :rolleyes:

To make it bearable, I asked the cabin stewardess to get me an extra mattress and she was able to find on. I slept fine then. The other option is to put the sofa bed mattress on the floor (which I did the first night). I slept fine that night too ....

just my h.o.

I had a husband I could not sleep with as well. I usually found I was going to the living room or anywhere, because I needed sleep. Well if he snores that bad, he may also have sleep apnea, which my husband was diagnosed with. Now he uses a C-Pap machine, and we sleep beautifully together each night, and he doesn't snore.

Have your husband check it out.

toto kansas

thanks...will the eggcrate make him snore less??? lol

rosie

Afraid not rosie. But I have been there and done that. On a long cruise several years ago, I made him sleep out on the balcony one night so I could actually get some rest, I was dragging from no sleep for several days. But those days are now gone, thanks to finally getting him to the doctor and them putting him on a C-Pap machine. I didn't realize that this horrible snoring could be killing the poor guy. Now, we both sleep like babies onboard, and in the same bed with no ear plugs needed. ;) What a difference this has made. I almost stopped cruising a few years ago as I was so exhausted from lack of sleep on every cruise, it was not enjoyable for me anymore.

Thankfully, that has all been taken care of now. And he also feels 10 years younger because the snoring has stopped. I didn't realize that he wasn't getting any more rest than I was. He was diagosed with 1500 waking episodes each night because of the snoring, which also made him a walking zombie. ;)

Ditto. We had to sleep in separate rooms for years because of the snoring. The CPAP machine took a few days of adjustment for both of us but now I have a hard time falling asleep if it isn't on!

Archived