Definition fo smart casual for women

RBAlbany

What is acceptable dress for the non-formal dinners? Can a women wear and nice pair of shorts? Does the top need to have buttons? We are doing traditional dining, early seating on the Cb in July.

Actually, the rules (per princess statements and guidelines) are 'no shorts' in the diningroom 'in the evening' as that is not considered 'smart casual'. But any pair of long slacks, and any nice top (with or without buttons) is perfectly acceptable.

Shorts are a no-no but capris are fine; saw many on Emerald and I wore a pair of cropped pants one evening. The other evenings I wore skirts and blouses. I don't think it matters about the top having buttons? I've never considered that. Hmm.

Have a great cruise. :)

What is acceptable dress for the non-formal dinners? Can a women wear and nice pair of shorts? Does the top need to have buttons? We are doing traditional dining, early seating on the Cb in July.

It all depends on how your legs look :D

"Smart" casual is kind of a dress-up casual. Shorts are definitely a no-no, no matter how much they cost. Capris and a top are OK.

Archived