Any suggestions what to do in Orlando?

cruisenuts4life

.I have never been to Universal .We will be there until 7;00 so dont know if thats enough time to see it or if its really worth 75.00. Might just make it a beach day instead at Cocoa Beach.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Personally I would go to the Kennedy Space Center. That can be seen in a day without any problem and you can get some beach time in too. IMO anything in Orland is too far and too busy to see in a short day.

.I have never been to Universal .We will be there until 7;00 so dont know if thats enough time to see it or if its really worth 75.00. Might just make it a beach day instead at Cocoa Beach.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have been several times.Its a good time and most people will enjoy it,young and old alike.

If you like the beach,then Cocoa beach is nice.There is not much except the beach but its nice.I am a local so it does not interest me much.

Steve

I would suggest taking a 1 hr drive north to St Augustine. It's the oldest city in Florida.. lots of neat things to see. There is a huge fort, a light house, and many street just to walk and shop on. There is a burger joint on the southside of the parking garage... OMG!! it's to die for (I forgot the name).

Personally I would go to the Kennedy Space Center. That can be seen in a day without any problem and you can get some beach time in too. IMO anything in Orland is too far and too busy to see in a short day.

Thats a great idea,but..... if they are going to be there around that weekend in their sig,that would be bad.

We (locals) get to go for free for 3 days later in the month of September and its either that weekend or the next.The date has not been announced.

Steve

Go walk around downtown disney and then go pool hopping at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I love it there. Or go rent boats. Universal is a lot of fun too.

There are tons of other things as well. There is a sky diving simulator on I-Drive, every chain restaurant you can think of, boat rentals, jet skis, etc. The options are endless.

Cocoa beach is nothing special. I would save the beach days for the Caribbean.

For a short day coming from Port Canaveral my choice would be one of the Disney waterparks, Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

Me too. I prefer Typhoon Lagoon. The pool was awesome and the lines weren't as long as Blizzard Beach. I went to Universal last summer. I enjoyed myself, but the lines were really long. For some things that we tried to get a fun pass for, the time to come back was at 10 pm. We waited 2 hours to go on the Aerosmith rollercoster. Although it was fun, I wouldn't want to spend my limited time there waiting in lines.

As other people have said, Sea World would be a good choice if you are interested in marine animals.

Go walk around downtown disney and then go pool hopping at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I love it there. Or go rent boats. Universal is a lot of fun too.

There are tons of other things as well. There is a sky diving simulator on I-Drive, every chain restaurant you can think of, boat rentals, jet skis, etc. The options are endless.

I did that.I liked it so much I am doing it this coming Tuesday again.

Steve

Really depends on the time of the year. If you are here during the summer or holidays I would stay away from all the parks. The lines would be so long that it would be a waste of money. If it is off season then you would have no problem as long as you get there a little before they open.We have done all the parks in a day during the off season. Cindy

how do you pool hop at animal kingdom when you need a resort ID to get into the lodge area? One of the reasons we stay at Disney resorts is for the ID check when you enter any resort property.

Typhoon Lagoon is great.....there is also Disney quest if you like video games. Short days like that we will do Disney marketplace....catch a bite at earl of sandwich and do disney quest. It is air conditioned.......there are virtual games, and old timey video games that you can play forever if you don't have a line behind you. You can go to the Internet cafe and log on the cruise critic and make us all jealous that you are cruising sooner than we are:p September is the hottest month in Florida....did i mention it was air conditioned????:D

how do you pool hop at animal kingdom when you need a resort ID to get into the lodge area?

All you need to do is tell the parking lot attendant you have a reservation for a restaurant on the premises (for Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boma would be a good choice) and ask if you are in the right place. Cast members are so helpful, they always direct us to a great parking place. :cool: The only thing you cannot do at the pools is check-out towels.

I don't know about the reservation thing. The times we've done that we actually HAD a reservation and they guard checked it on his list.

Personally, I'd never use a pool at a hotel where I didn't have a reservation. Besides, Disney doesn't allow people who are staying at their hotels to pool hop. Wonder how they feel about people who aren't even hotel guests using the pools?

September is the hottest month in Florida....did i mention it was air conditioned????:D

As a Florida resident for 37+ years, I would never go to any of the parks July, August or September. Even though most of the attraction lines have ceiling fans and some have misters, it is way too hot and the lines are usually very long.

Downtown Disney, St. Augustine and Kennedy Space Center are great places to visit. With Downtown Disney, you'll get to enjoy that "Disney" atmosphere. There are some great restaurants and shops. As hoop4321 said, Disney Quest is a great place to go...it's also near Cirque du Soleil. We've been there three times with our son and he loved it. Disney and Universal are about 1 hour's drive from the port. It's not a bad drive, but if you hit traffic, it can double.

Stay away from I-Drive that place is a rip-off ... We have Universal passes .. you can do both Universal and Island of Adventure in 1 day just get there early ... Wet and Wild is fun also .. and if you have the money and can get your arse in gear you can get a 1 day park hopper pass and do all 4 Disney parks at one time .. start at Animal Kingdom (cause it's the suckyest only want to ride Everest there and take pictures) then drive over to Hollywood Studios(tower of terror and aerosmith) everything else sucks here next drive over to Epcot(this is where you are leaving your car)Go get a fast pass for Soarin - by this time the FP will say way late in the afternoon thats ok.. now go ride (test track, the Norway ride, Mission Space and hit Spaceship Earth on way out) Skip Ellen's Energy ride too much time here like 30mins for a couple of movies and some crappy animatronics also skip Living seas since they changed it to Nemo ..bleh.. Now leaving ride Space Ship Earth hop on the monorail system and get over to Magic Kingdom .. go directly to tomorrowland ride (space mountain, Buzz Light year) now go eat at cosmic rays cafe .. free naco Cheese and grilled mushrooms and onions Yum .. now got watch Monsters Inc Laugh Floor ... from here leave Magic Kingdom go back to Epcot Ride Soaring with your fast pass.. now leave Epcot go back to Magic Kingdom go to Frontier Land ride (thunder Mountain, and Splash down Mountain) Should be about 7pm at this time go eat dinner Pacos Bills build your own Nachos is good right by your next ride .. now go ride Pirates of the Caribbean .. now go to Fantasy Land ride all those rides kids are pretty tuckered out at this time .. and the classic rides have less lines about this time ...You will wait forever to ride Peter Pan ride it or skip it i like the old ride tho .. after this it's 10pm time for fireworks go by the teapots make a right .. good spot there to watch ... after show head to Tomorrow land for one more ride on Space Mountain ...Thats how you do the Magical Disney world trip around ...

or your could just goto Cocco .. Altho the Space Center is very neat if your into that kind of stuff

Stay away from I-Drive that place is a rip-off ... We have Universal passes .. you can do both Universal and Island of Adventure in 1 day just get there early ... Wet and Wild is fun also .. and if you have the money and can get your arse in gear you can get a 1 day park hopper pass and do all 4 Disney parks at one time .. start at Animal Kingdom (cause it's the suckyest only want to ride Everest there and take pictures) then drive over to Hollywood Studios(tower of terror and aerosmith) everything else sucks here next drive over to Epcot(this is where you are leaving your car)Go get a fast pass for Soarin - by this time the FP will say way late in the afternoon thats ok.. now go ride (test track, the Norway ride, Mission Space and hit Spaceship Earth on way out) Skip Ellen's Energy ride too much time here like 30mins for a couple of movies and some crappy animatronics also skip Living seas since they changed it to Nemo ..bleh.. Now leaving ride Space Ship Earth hop on the monorail system and get over to Magic Kingdom .. go directly to tomorrowland ride (space mountain, Buzz Light year) now go eat at cosmic rays cafe .. free naco Cheese and grilled mushrooms and onions Yum .. now got watch Monsters Inc Laugh Floor ... from here leave Magic Kingdom go back to Epcot Ride Soaring with your fast pass.. now leave Epcot go back to Magic Kingdom go to Frontier Land ride (thunder Mountain, and Splash down Mountain) Should be about 7pm at this time go eat dinner Pacos Bills build your own Nachos is good right by your next ride .. now go ride Pirates of the Caribbean .. now go to Fantasy Land ride all those rides kids are pretty tuckered out at this time .. and the classic rides have less lines about this time ...You will wait forever to ride Peter Pan ride it or skip it i like the old ride tho .. after this it's 10pm time for fireworks go by the teapots make a right .. good spot there to watch ... after show head to Tomorrow land for one more ride on Space Mountain ...Thats how you do the Magical Disney world trip around ...

or your could just goto Cocco .. Altho the Space Center is very neat if your into that kind of stuff

this is one of the craziest posts i've ever read... so crazy, it just might work :D

All you need to do is tell the parking lot attendant you have a reservation for a restaurant on the premises (for Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boma would be a good choice) and ask if you are in the right place. Cast members are so helpful, they always direct us to a great parking place. :cool: The only thing you cannot do at the pools is check-out towels.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people go to to cheat companies out of money. The pools at any resort are meant for the people STAYING there, not for someone to drive up, lie and then use them. What an example you are setting for your children.

People that do that, to me are not only dishonest, but really cheap. You are also the reason that the rest of us pay more for things. I know, you feel that you are entitled because you aren't asked for any proof of what you say. You know the saying what goes around comes around and who is to say when it's your turn.

I do have my flame retardant big girl panties on so you can flame away, but my opinion won't change.

Archived