Which crusie line beside Azamara

Ex-Airbalancer

Excellent point, Susan, if what molfetta reports were common-place, it's hardly likely that the repeat rate would be anything like what it is, and that the reported experience of the vast majority of Azamara customers would not be what it is.

When reports are so skewed without hard evidence, then I think that they have to be considered suspect. I regret that he did not enjoy his experience, but I have great difficulty establishing what the facts really are. Probably, in truth, the facts are not important in the long run; he didn't enjoy his cruise and his ultimate recourse is to cruise with someone other than Azamara.

Just back from the Journey's June 6th Cruise. It was wonderful. The staff was fabulous --everyone seems so happy and we believe it starts with a wonderful captain and a terrific hotel director. The food was really very good -- we ate in every venue! I'm a real "foody" and couldn't find anything wrong with the food. My friends were a little upset since their steaks came back too well done -- so I told them to order them rare and it would be medium rare. They did and they had nothing to complain about after that.

If the people who post on here don't like Azamara, they have plenty of other choices and it will leave room for us to enjoy the experience. We booked another cruise while on board and look forward to returning. By the way, we had taken over 35 cruises before this one.

Sheila

Just back from the Journey's June 6th Cruise. It was wonderful. The staff was fabulous --everyone seems so happy and we believe it starts with a wonderful captain and a terrific hotel director. The food was really very good -- we ate in every venue! I'm a real "foody" and couldn't find anything wrong with the food. My friends were a little upset since their steaks came back too well done -- so I told them to order them rare and it would be medium rare. They did and they had nothing to complain about after that.

If the people who post on here don't like Azamara, they have plenty of other choices and it will leave room for us to enjoy the experience. We booked another cruise while on board and look forward to returning. By the way, we had taken over 35 cruises before this one.

Sheila

Hi Sheila !

I'm glad to hear you had a great time on Azamara. We also thought the food and service was great. I'd sail on Azamara again, in a heartbeat.

In the main, positive comments are no more or less truthful than are negative comments, they are merely reflections of the poster's own on-board experiences and expectations. Each of us is entitled to express our views, but there can be no doubt that the overwhelming majority of comments about life on-board the Azamara Quest and Journey have been positive. Unless something changes drasticly, that is the overall view which will prevail.

nevernever

No particular comments, that's certainly an opinion that you are entitled to. What Azamara provides is a much more individualized product, less structure, less "RAH, RAH, RAH, Ole, ole, etc." That isn't for everyone, and if it isn't for you then you should be somewhere else. I hope you enjoy RCCL.

i cant wait to hear the comments!

I thought that might be the reason for your negative posts.

We enjoyed Royal Caribbean, liked Celebrity even better, but feel that Azamara is a perfect fit for us. You might enjoy posting on the Royal Caribbean forum where you'll be in good company with other fans of that line.

in my opinion rccl provides a better cruise experience than azamara. i cant wait to hear the comments!

I agree with the previous posters. You like the product that RCL offers. I am betting you are looking for a cruise experience that includes lots of activities on board, lots of late night.

Some of us like to cruise on the other end of the spectrum.Small groups, fine dining, no loud music, no crowds and my idea of late night activities ends at 10 pm so I can get up at 6:00 am to work out and then tour all day. Different strokes for different folks.

in my opinion rccl provides a better cruise experience than azamara. i cant wait to hear the comments!

You sound as though you are hoping that all of the posters who like Azamara will read your posts and suddently realise that we've been duped - Azamara only seems nice to us. We should really be on Royal Caribbean.

I've sailed on Royal Caribbean, and liked it well enough, and others have mentioned the same, but I like Azamara better. I don't think you're going to convert us and have us all "see the light" through your posts. To each his own!

Lisa

[/font]

I wish was my 30th birthday, but it the 30th wedding anniversary :D

Amazing that someone would stay with me that long

I will check out the Constellation

One trip we like is 14 Night Ancient Empires Cruise on board Azamara Quest but I think the weather may be cool at that time of the year

There is also a Panama trip with Celebrity which maybe also be nice, Miami to San Diego

I guess I will keep checking the website to see if I can find something that fits our budget , at time air fare can be a killer

Airbalancer, If it is within your budget, consider Crystal voyage 9226, New York to Miami, departing on 11/10/09 for 12 days. While the cruise fare is higher, you do get a $500 OBC per person. In addition, you will save on airfare, as compared to flying to Europe.

Selecting and enjoying a cruise line is soooo individualized. The culture of Azamara is quiet and elegant - the type of environment we prefer. I can understand, however, why others prefer lines which have more activities and such. BTW, the Azamara cuisine way surpassed our expectations in many ways (especially the presentations and the berries at breakfast). ----Penny

Airbalancer, If it is within your budget, consider Crystal voyage 9226, New York to Miami, departing on 11/10/09 for 12 days. While the cruise fare is higher, you do get a $500 OBC per person. In addition, you will save on airfare, as compared to flying to Europe.

Thank you for the suggestion, but $4100 is a bit to pricey, the CDN is down to about $0.86 US which will make it more difficult

Also we really like hot weather for vacation time :D

Airbalancer, if you can wait until dec 7 2009, the Grandeur of the seas leaves out of Tampa for a 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. The Grandeur is one of RCI's smallest ships but very nice.

We went on it last year and are going again this December, we enjoyed it that much.

This "one of smallest ships" holds 2,500 passengers, more if there are 3 or 4 in some cabins. I think that would be way too big for Airbalancer.

Although she (and the Enchantment) is a GORGEOUS ship.

This "one of smallest ships" holds 2,500 passengers, more if there are 3 or 4 in some cabins. I think that would be way too big for AirBalancer.

Although she (and the Enchantment) is a GORGEOUS ship.

We have been only on the Journey , so it would be hard to tell if we would enjoy a larger ship

I guess a larger ship may be nice if you have alot of sea days, we only had one sea day on a 7 day cruise

Also if we do not crusie on the 17th we will probably just wait until May -June and have hot weather

We are the sucky Canadians who only want hot weather when we go away:D

Archived