Which crusie line beside Azamara

Ex-Airbalancer

Think of a crusie in mid Nov, but unsure of the weather in Med at that time, and with cost of airfare from Toronto was looking at the Carribean .

We have only crusie the once on the Journey in May and enjoyed it

What other crusie line would you suggest to book on ?

Is it better to keep in the RCL line to increase our trips with them or does that matter?

I don't know that I would do a Caribbean cruise with Azamara since the rates tend to be higher than the more mass market lines and over the years we have done a lot of the Caribbean ports.

If I were looking for a Winter cruise to the Caribbean, I would look at either Celebrity's Mercury or one of the M class ships. We like Celebrity by and large, but tend to avoid the larger ships if possible. I would have no interest in either the Solstice class ships or the 5600 passenger RCCL monsters. We have been pleased with Celebrity in the past.

Of course, if there happened to be a real Azamara bargin......

Hope that' of some help.

Define large ship?

We prefer under 1200 PAX so anything over that is large to me

Oceania is almost the same as Azamara if you like the small ship experience but it depends on your budget

Oceania does not have Carribean sailing in Nov for the dates I want

Sorry, You are right they start Nov 28th & then it includes S.A.

Looks like just the larger mass market ships go at that time of year

Silversea has one Nov 22 if not too late for you

Is it better to keep in the RCL line to increase our trips with them or does that matter?

If you mean to increase your points in the loyalty schemes then bear in mind that you accumulate Captains Club points with Azamara/Celebrity separately to Crown & Anchor points with RCI. Although you can get equivalent recognition of membership level between the schemes you cannot combine the points.

Airbalancer, if you can wait until dec 7 2009, the Grandeur of the seas leaves out of Tampa for a 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. The Grandeur is one of RCI's smallest ships but very nice.

We went on it last year and are going again this December, we enjoyed it that much.

Airbalancer, if you can wait until dec 7 2009, the Grandeur of the seas leaves out of Tampa for a 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. The Grandeur is one of RCI's smallest ships but very nice.

We went on it last year and are going again this December, we enjoyed it that much.

That will be to late, but I will check it out

Need to sailing on the Nov 17 for the big 30th

Hi Airbalancer !

If you can sail for 13 nights, take a look at Celebrity Constellation. She's a great ship, and she's sailing a fantastic Ultimate Caribbean itinerary from Miami, starting on 11/9. This will have you on the ship for your 30th birthday. As of now, I am booked on that sailing, but my plans may change.

Please let us know which sailing you choose. Good Luck !

Think of a crusie in mid Nov, but unsure of the weather in Med at that time, and with cost of airfare from Toronto was looking at the Carribean .

We have only crusie the once on the Journey in May and enjoyed it

What other crusie line would you suggest to book on ?

Oceania. Like Azamara, but I think a bit nicer.

Hi Air Balancer !

If you can sail for 13 nights, take a look at Celebrity Constellation. She's a great ship, and she's sailing a fantastic Ultimate Caribbean itinerary from Miami, starting on 11/9. This will have you on the ship for your 30th birthday. As of now, I am booked on that sailing, but my plans may change.

Please let us know which sailing you choose. Good Luck !

I wish was my 30th birthday, but it the 30th wedding anniversary :D

Amazing that someone would stay with me that long

I will check out the Constellation

One trip we like is 14 Night Ancient Empires Cruise on board Azamara Quest but I think the weather may be cool at that time of the year

There is also a Panama trip with Celebrity which maybe also be nice, Miami to San Diego

I guess I will keep checking the website to see if I can find something that fits our budget , at time air fare can be a killer

We have been to the Med four times in the fall (October/November) and the weather was wonderful on all but about 4 days out of the total of 35. The ancient empires goes to Egypt too doesn't it. You won't be cold there. And the Med experience in the fall is outstanding as there are less people touring at that time. If I were you I would skip the Caribbean completely and go back to the Med.

Come join us on the Ancient Empires cruise! The weather may be cooler, but people who go to some of the ports earlier in the year complain about the heat. We will have fewer crowds. Have a peek at our roll call, and notice the excellent price for a balcony guarantee!

Looking at the weather from last year highs of 15, lows of 3

But still thinking of it

For a special anniversary, I vote for Azamara..it is truly a wonderful experience and hard to beat the price!!

Jancruz1

One of the problems we still need to head out to Dartmouth to see the grandkids, a trip to NJ to see some cruising friends

Still working for a living really screws up travelling time

If I were just to win the Lotto it would make the decision sooo much easier :D

Time to head off for the day, working setting up the airflow in a new nursing home, maybe I should pick out my future room LOL

do not cruise with azamara, i was dissappointed.you can get a better experience for less money with other cruise lines.

Just curious as to when you cruised with Azamara and on which itinerary?

dear susan m.

i cruised with azamara last December on the trans atlantic from barcelona to miami. i was impressed with the service ,but not impressed with the food quality,entertainers,and our stateroom was not kept clean.i believe the overall quality of what the cruise lines provide is in a downward trend.

i believe the overall quality of what the cruise lines provide is in a downward trend.

Not sure if you are referring specifically to Azamara with this comment, but based on our cruise in October and from what I've been reading here on this board and in the Azamara Member Review section, it seems that most people are very happy with their Quest and Journey cruises...and that you are definitely in the minority with your disappointment with the line.

A poster mentioned on the thread re the Iceland cruise that approx. 50% were repeat Azamara passengers ... not bad considering how young this line is.

Archived