Cruise Connections party question - please help!

twoshots

Where can I find a list of the people signed up for our Cruise Connections Party? I know I can find out how many have signed up, but I want to make sure we are all listed. It seems some say they have signed up but then our numbers are wrong with the tally that Celebrity has.

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks!

Jan

Where can I find a list of the people signed up for our Cruise Connections Party? I know I can find out how many have signed up, but I want to make sure we are all listed. It seems some say they have signed up but then our numbers are wrong with the tally that Celebrity has.

Thanks!

Jan

Hi Jan:)There is no way to find out who has signed up.

If you have an active roll call and those folks want to give you

their names then they can do that, but as for the cruiseline giving

out names? That will not happen. I have a friend who just returned

home from Mercury. He said it showed 63 people had signed up

but only about 20 showed up for their gathering.

So you might have a high number showing but as for who they

are? You will just have to wait and see who shows for your

particular get together.

The cruiseline will never release names (security would

be a major reason).

Thanks!

Jan

Go to the roll call for your cruise and see who has signed up it might not be the same # that is listed on the celebrity website some people say they have signed up but they did not go by whats listed on celebrity website people can say anything on these boards but it might not be the truth.

Go to the roll call for your cruise and see who has signed up it might not be the same # that is listed on the celebrity website some people say they have signed up but they did not go by whats listed on celebrity website people can say anything on these boards but it might not be the truth.

Another possibility is the glitch that =X= had not too long ago. People's registrations for CCC were dropped. Post on to your roll call and ask everyone to re-register for CCC. It won't let them if they are registered, and will allow them to continue if they aren't.

I'm still experiencing minor glitches with our state room reservation. It won't save some information in our reservation (birthday, beds apart, etc.) despite changing the information numerous times. I'm calling them on Monday morning.

We decided to have a cabin crawl on our sailing so everyone that was on our list sent their personal info to one member and she did an excel sheet. If you wanted your info kept personal she did not post it on the list. We ended up with about 55 people and had 2 gatherings and the crawl. It was definately the best group of CCers I have ever sailed with. I hope everything gets straightened out for you.

I still have not been able to register for my next cruise.. so there may be a glitch in the system.

Where can I find a list of the people signed up for our Cruise Connections Party? I know I can find out how many have signed up, but I want to make sure we are all listed. It seems some say they have signed up but then our numbers are wrong with the tally that Celebrity has.QUOTE]

Hi,

It seems to me there are always problems with this system. On every sailing that we've had a CC group and party, either the numbers never match, or various registrants never get the invitation or announcement of the Connections party.

On our January cruise on Solstice things were so mucked up the Cruise Director planned a second party for us. Even then, many of those who received invitations to the original didn't get them for the replacement party. Fortunately, we were able to communicate the time by seeing folk somewhere aboard ship, but some were still missed.

My feeling, as others have suggested, is that your best route is to have an active Roll Call and talk about the CC party there. Those for whom the group gatherings are important will likely share some form of contact information.

On our active Roll Calls we often plan Sailaway get-togethers. That allows us to confirm the CC party location/times with everyone who shows up for that.

Lastly, I completely agree about the percentages of who shows up. For whatever reason (missing/lack of invitation, busy shipboard life, etc.) I don't think I've ever seen Connections attendance top 60% of the registrant numbers.

CM

Thank you to all who wrote back to me! I do appreciate you taking the time.

I am "in charge" of our active roll call - and I do have all our names and information. I will just ask them to let me know, once more, who has signed up and we'll go from there. We have 22 signed up as far as Celebrity knows and it would be a shame to miss a party because of a glitch or two. I've asked those on our list to sign up even if they don't intend to attend - maybe not the most honest thing to do but what the heck!

Again, thank you!

Jan

Hi Jan:)There is no way to find out who has signed up.

If you have an active roll call and those folks want to give you

their names then they can do that, but as for the cruiseline giving

out names? That will not happen. I have a friend who just returned

home from Mercury. He said it showed 63 people had signed up

but only about 20 showed up for their gathering.

So you might have a high number showing but as for who they

are? You will just have to wait and see who shows for your

particular get together.

The cruiseline will never release names (security would

be a major reason).

I think that I was on the same cruise (June 14) and wondered why our roll call was so inactive as there were quite a few signed up for the Connection. Well it turned out that a travel agent had signed up an entire group of 20 plus for the Connections party. The few of them that showed up did not have a clue as to what it was all about and had never heard of Cruise Critic. They were just looking for a free party.:rolleyes:

I think that I was on the same cruise (June 14) and wondered why our roll call was so inactive as there were quite a few signed up for the Connection. Well it turned out that a travel agent had signed up an entire group of 20 plus for the Connections party. The few of them that showed up did not have a clue as to what it was all about and had never heard of Cruise Critic. They were just looking for a free party.:rolleyes:

Hi Al:) yes, that was the cruise. It really amazes me that a Travel

Agent did that and did not even have the the common sense to advise

their clients about it?:eek:

Sometimes you just have to wonder about people:rolleyes:

Thank you to all who wrote back to me! I do appreciate you taking the time.

I am "in charge" of our active roll call - and I do have all our names and information. I will just ask them to let me know, once more, who has signed up and we'll go from there. We have 22 signed up as far as Celebrity knows and it would be a shame to miss a party because of a glitch or two. I've asked those on our list to sign up even if they don't intend to attend - maybe not the most honest thing to do but what the heck!

Again, thank you!

Jan

We have over 50 signed up for ours but only about 20-25 that are active on the roll call so I wonder if we might have a group signed up as well.

We will be getting off the day you board!! I am organizing our Roll Call things as well. We have private tours lined up for Athens, Naples and Kusadasi as well as sharing transportation to and from the port.

Archived