Review - the Mariner returns to Mexico

There are now 375 photos in the album. Here is the link ...

[URL]http://travel.webshots.com/album/573273143cjeyif[/URL]

I'll be out for the next ten days, so it will be a while until I upload more photos.

Thank you for the review and all the detailed information. We will be on this ship soon and was wondering which of the excursions you did you would recommend and which you would skip. Also did any of your friends talk about any of the excursions they did that they really liked. Trying to decide what to do in each port, thanks.

Thank you for the review and all the detailed information. We will be on this ship soon and was wondering which of the excursions you did you would recommend and which you would skip. Also did any of your friends talk about any of the excursions they did that they really liked. Trying to decide what to do in each port, thanks.

I was happy with all three of the excursions. The two I would skip were done on earlier cruises. Skip the horse drawn carriage ride in Cabo. The driver/guide barely said a word. If the horse knew to stop on red and go on green there would have been no need for the driver/guide - in my opinion. The other one I was not too happy with was a nature walk in PV (in May 2004). It was hot and there guide did not have a megaphone. So I, standing near the rear, could not hear the guide. Otherwise I have been happy with all the excursions I have done in all three ports.

Go to the June 21 roll call if you want to ask others about their shore excursions.

Edited by Cuizer2

First, I have to say you take the most amazing photos! I really enjoy looking at your pictures, not just on this thread, but on others you have posted.

(Aren't Mazatlan sunsets the best!?)

Second, I have kind of an odd question, but DH wanted to know: On what side does Mariner dock in PV? And for that matter, Mazatlan?

I have seen pictures of her docked differently than other ships I have been on.

Just wondering............

First, I have to say you take the most amazing photos! I really enjoy looking at your pictures, not just on this thread, but on others you have posted.

(Aren't Mazatlan sunsets the best!?)

Second, I have kind of an odd question, but DH wanted to know: On what side does Mariner dock in PV? And for that matter, Mazatlan?

I have seen pictures of her docked differently than other ships I have been on.

Just wondering............

I have been to Mazatlan twice. Once on the Carnival Pride and once on the Mariner OTS. Both times the ship docked with the port (left) side next to the dock.

I have been to PV four times (Carnival Pride, NCL Star, NCL Jade & Mariner OTS). Every time the ship docked with the port side next to the dock EXCEPT the Mariner OTS, which docked with the starboard (right) side next to the dock. HOWEVER, when we left, instead of backing out of the port the Mariner spun inside the harbor. I believe it was a test to see if it could be safely done. I would not be surprised to see the Mariner docked with the port side next to the dock as that allows it to pull straight out, which will be helpfull in the winter when it will be dark when it pulls out.

A MOST enjoyable review, but you seemed to have left out one very important detail....

HOW WAS THE JOHNNY WALKER BLUE LABEL??! :eek:

I did think it was any better or worse than the red or black label. However, I should say that other than being a little smoother, I don't notice any difference between the black and red label.

I have been to Mazatlan twice. Once on the Carnival Pride and once on the Mariner OTS. Both times the ship docked with the port (left) side next to the dock.

I have been to PV four times (Carnival Pride, NCL Star, NCL Jade & Mariner OTS). Every time the ship docked with the port side next to the dock EXCEPT the Mariner OTS, which docked with the starboard (right) side next to the dock. HOWEVER, when we left, instead of backing out of the port the Mariner spun inside the harbor. I believe it was a test to see if it could be safely done. I would not be surprised to see the Mariner docked with the port side next to the dock as that allows it to pull straight out, which will be helpfull in the winter when it will be dark when it pulls out.

Thanks for that. The two times I have been to Mazatlan, the ships docked starboard side to the port. They would make a 180° in the harbor.

In PV, the ships would pull into the harbor, spin around and back up, port side to port.

I will be on the starboard side....wonder if I will get a view of PV, or Wal-Mart:eek::D

Thanks for sharing your photos! Those are some awesome shots. Can't wait to visit Mexico and take my own photos. :)

Thank you, but I'm not done yet. I still have some more photos to post. I'm not posting all 1900 photos, but I do want to give everyone some idea of what the ship and the places it goes are like.

Thank you, but I'm not done yet. I still have some more photos to post. I'm not posting all 1900 photos, but I do want to give everyone some idea of what the ship and the places it goes are like.

We have been having fun following your review and pics. :) As always, you are a wealth of information! So..with that in mind....

We leave for our Mexican Riviera out of Long Beach in 6 weeks! However, we'll be on Splendor instead of Mariner:) I wondered if you had any info. tips for us on transportation...we fly into LAX, our hotel is Crowne Plaza in San Pedro and our Cruise leaves out of Long Beach. Our last cruise from California was Norwegian which was in San Pedro so we messed up and booked Crowne Plaza thinking it was 1/2 mile from our cruise terminal again.

We thought we'd rent a car but we are very unfamiliar with the area as far as drop offs, etc.

We have been having fun following your review and pics. :) As always, you are a wealth of information! So..with that in mind....

We leave for our Mexican Riviera out of Long Beach in 6 weeks! However, we'll be on Splendor instead of Mariner:) I wondered if you had any info. tips for us on transportation...we fly into LAX, our hotel is Crowne Plaza in San Pedro and our Cruise leaves out of Long Beach. Our last cruise from California was Norwegian which was in San Pedro so we messed up and booked Crowne Plaza thinking it was 1/2 mile from our cruise terminal again.

We thought we'd rent a car but we are very unfamiliar with the area as far as drop offs, etc.

The two ports are next door neighbors ...

LB-SP.jpg

If you are asking about transportation from the hotel to the cruise dock, first I would check with the hotel. For all you know they may offer a shuttle to both. If not, then I would just take a taxi.

Now if you are asking about transportation for more than one day, then I would go the rental car route. However, there are no rental car offices at the dock. There are rental car offices in the downtown area ...

LBairport.jpg

However, I don't know if those offices are open on a Sunday. If not, and you are renting a car, most likely you will have to return the car to the Long Beach Airport.

DSC_0352.jpg

Enjoy your cruise ...

DSC_0359.jpg

The album now has 534 photographs - and I will not be adding any more. Here is a link ...

http://community.webshots.com/album/573273143cjeyif

I hope you enjoyed the photographs. If you've already been on the Mariner, I hope it brought back pleasant memories. If you will soon be sailing on the Mariner, I hope these pictures add to your anticipation.

Edited by Cuizer2

Wow! My Mariner photo album is hosted on Webshots. Webshots sends me an e-mail every week telling me how many views and downloads have occurred from my album.

Of the 126 downloads from all my albums, 121 were from the Mariner album.

Of the 19,240 views, 17,365 are of the Mariner album.

I am impressed. :)

I hope you enjoyed the photographs. If you've already been on the Mariner, I hope it brought back pleasant memories. If you will soon be sailing on the Mariner, I hope these pictures add to your anticipation.

Totally enjoyed the pictures. It brought back pleasant memories AND adds to my anticipation. C'mon January!!

Thank you for an awesome pictorial. Now I have to go back and see what I missed....