Review - the Mariner returns to Mexico

Thanks for the great review!! I was wondering, was the pool area especially windy on the way back north after you left PV? On our March cruise, no one was out at the pool the final two sea days because the winds were so very strong.

Also, I noted your mentioning that the Windjammer was crowded that first day. Our experience was - it was crowded every time we went there! Did you go back after that first day, and if so, did you notice that, too?

Cuizer2 - When you first step out of your balcony cabin #7620, are you looking at a wall or is it open to the stairway area?

If you are looking straight head or to your left, you will see the wall (actually the art on the wall). If you look to your right you can see the stairs.

Thanks for the great review!! I was wondering, was the pool area especially windy on the way back north after you left PV? On our March cruise, no one was out at the pool the final two sea days because the winds were so very strong.

Also, I noted your mentioning that the Windjammer was crowded that first day. Our experience was - it was crowded every time we went there! Did you go back after that first day, and if so, did you notice that, too?

It was windy a few time up on the sun deck (the deck above the pool deck), though I don't recall which days. In the pool area itself I never noticed the wind.

I had trouble finding a seat in the Windjammer on the first day before the cabins were open to everyone. After that I never had any problem finding a seat. I suppose that if you go during prime time on a sea day that it could be very crowded.

I course I normally ate breakfast on my balcony and I haven't eaten dinner in the buffet since my ninth cruise (February 2008). Normally I like to eat lunch outside on the pool deck.

Thanks so much for the pics. Wow - what a help. We leave on the Mariner for the Riviera Thanksgiving week and after looking at your pics, my stomach is turning somersaults! I even showed them to our kids and even our "cool" 18 year old got excited. Now that's impressive. You are an awesome photographer and I loved your daily journal entries.

Can you tell me what night the Midnight Buffet is? If we have late dining, can I switch that day to early dining so I won't be so full for the buffet later that night? I remember on our last cruise, I didn't really enjoy the midnight buffet because I was still full from dinner. Sound like a glutton I know, but I'm really not. Just want to enjoy ALL of the cruise. Guess I could use a little self control eh? ;)

Thanks so much for the pics. Wow - what a help. We leave on the Mariner for the Riviera Thanksgiving week and after looking at your pics, my stomach is turning somersaults! I even showed them to our kids and even our "cool" 18 year old got excited. Now that's impressive. You are an awesome photographer and I loved your daily journal entries.

Can you tell me what night the Midnight Buffet is? If we have late dining, can I switch that day to early dining so I won't be so full for the buffet later that night? I remember on our last cruise, I didn't really enjoy the midnight buffet because I was still full from dinner. Sound like a glutton I know, but I'm really not. Just want to enjoy ALL of the cruise. Guess I could use a little self control eh? ;)

Well, you had me reviewing the Compasses, because I don't recall a midnight buffet. I was on the Voyager of the Seas earlier this year and don't recall a midnight buffet there either.

I could not find a midnight buffet in the Compasses. I believe Royal Caribbean did away with that because after all was said and done, there was a lot more pictures taken than food eaten (in other words, a lot of food was wasted).

• 5 years later...