Cheap shore excursions ideas to Freeport and Nassau ? Any beaches that are free ?

uvasag

We are going on a cruise in Aug. 09. Our ports of call are Nassau and Freeport. It's my first time on a cruise. So far all the shore excursions that I've read about on the carnival website are interesting but very expensive. Plus my kids aged 4 and 3 might not enjoy all of them. I was wondering if there were any cheap excursions that we as a family could enjoy ? Also, prices for spending a day at a beach were outrageous. I'm still in sticker shock. Are there any beaches there that are free or atleast affordable ? Price for cocoa beach was $45 per person. Maybe this is average price and I just need to be prepared to spend that kind of money when on vacation. Any help will be appreciated.

We are going on a cruise in Aug. 09. Our ports of call are Nassau and Freeport. It's my first time on a cruise. So far all the shore excursions that I've read about on the carnival website are interesting but very expensive. Plus my kids aged 4 and 3 might not enjoy all of them. I was wondering if there were any cheap excursions that we as a family could enjoy ? Also, prices for spending a day at a beach were outrageous. I'm still in sticker shock. Are there any beaches there that are free or atleast affordable ? Price for cocoa beach was $45 per person. Maybe this is average price and I just need to be prepared to spend that kind of money when on vacation. Any help will be appreciated.

Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island Nassau next to Atlantis is a free public beach.

Hi,

Don't pay $45 to go to Cocoa Beach. Are you staying there before your cruise? You might be able to walk there depending on where you are staying, or take a taxi. It's a public beach. We live about an hour away.

Mary

Thank you all for your replies. No I'm not staying there before the cruise. This is the day price I got on the carnival website. I did some research and it looks like the $15 per person day pass at Wndhyam seems like a good idea. We can get chairs, towels and can use the restrooms.

I believe Crystal Palace is closing for the month of August due to how slow it has been with the poor economy.

Yes, the Wynham - Cable beach and Crystal Palace will be closed from August 17th to October 5th.

Up until that time, day passes are $40 pp (not $15) and include a buffet lunch. The Day Pass rate is for everyone over 3 years old.

Why not just take a cab to the Sheraton? We've used their beach before, while on mopeds, and just set up with our towels. Even got some water from the bar by the pool. With kids, I'm sure bathrooms are a must...never used them there, but if you act like you know what you're doing it should be fine. We always just ask if we can "have a look", then head for the bathroom.

(I'm pretty sure it was the Sheraton...the reason I'm trolling the boards is to make sure and find out what bus to take...I know it's on here somewhere!)

Archived