bored children

bean bag

Ok...never seen this but I believe I know the answer. :)

Friends going Scan/Russia soon taking 2 teens 15/13 respectively. I know the ship but never even thought about kids-so, other than hanging out and learning about the different ports of call, etc.

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being "oh! how could you make us go mom?"...)

I am mostly talking itinerary not what to do on the ship...anyone take their inquiring minds on this leg??

Well it would depend entirely on the interests of the children.

We did a Baltic Cruise on Orient lines, there were several children on board.....they were well behaved and seemed to have a great time in the ports.

Some children are more interested in games & water slides etc... so this may not be a good route for them.

But if they like history or cultural things they may enjoy it.

Parents are the best judge of what their children will tolerate

Lyn

From their website:

Although individuals of all ages are welcome to sail with Azamara Cruises, the sophisticated design of the accommodations and intimate venues on the ships -- as well as the off-the-beaten-path destinations they visit - were designed for adult vacationers....

Children not catered for on board, and TAs (certainly in the UK) are encouraged not to book any children on this cruise line, so I am surprised

well "albatros"...fitting indeed.

Seems you don't seem to like the idea at all of children coming along. I was asking-about the specific iten. besides,your quote is NOT from the Azamara site. it's from some opinionated other folks site. Google it.

Since you like quotes...yes from the official site: :)

"younger children are welcome. And your teenagers and children may have an opportunity to meet other teens and children and make new friends with whom they can enjoy their cruise vacation."

seems to me that to deny young adults travel because of some sort of bias toward them is unconscionable. How did I learn? Going...over 100 cruises since I was small.

I must add to your quote :

"and TAs (certainly in the UK) are encouraged not to book any children on this cruise line, so I am surprised "

WHAT? perhaps the UK in your response needs a bit of old fashioned common sense. God save the 'Queen'. And I mean the band. lol

Geez.

well "albatros"...fitting indeed.

Seems you don't seem to like the idea at all of children coming along. I was asking-about the specific iten. besides,your quote is NOT from the Azamara site. it's from some opinionated other folks site. Google it.

No need to Google it - it's in the FAQ section of the Azamara site here. Word for word as Albert Ross has quoted it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally am thrilled that Azamara does not bend over backwards to entice families with children on board. I prefer to cruise without children if possible.

Lisa

me too. I was looking forward to an adult cruise, away from screaming kids. from the posts, looks like more kids are coming along. from my standpoint only, that's is too bad. there are so many other cruise choices for families and children, why ruin it for the adults that don't want the family environment.

I think the point others are trying to make is that while children are allowed you will not find many onboard (unless a holiday sailing) like the larger ships.

As I posted only you know your children & if they will enjoy such a cruise.

The cruise line does not have a program to entertain children.

Lyn

As the Official Spokesman for the UK and H M Queenie, I speak with great authority on this matter.

We the " People " of this Empire have absolutely NO objections to children of any age being on board Azamara.

Anyone who says different will be taken to The Tower of London and locked away.

We have been on several O and Az cruises and any children seemed to have had a good time although there really is not a lot for them to do at night........comes to that there aint too much for me either.

Brian

Sir, to correct you - the quote is taken word for word directly from the Azamara web site. I await your apology.

I'm on board the quest right now with my 3 kids ages 13/10/7. We choose az to see Italy not to climb on a rock wall on a ship in Italy. Fyi there are aprox 25 kids on board ranging in ages and they seem to be well traved and well behaved. We are having a great time and besides for the size of the bathrooms in the cabins az has been great. I'm very impressed with the service on board. Food has been excellent in all dining venues, the best I have had on a ship. Imo it is up to the parent to know if their child will enjoy an az cruise or not and as long as az does not have a problem with children on board you should not have a problem bringng them

Glad you are enjoying Azamara. I have taken my children on more adult holidays when they were young but it was my role also to make sure they did not spoil the enjoyment of others. As a result, we made great friends with many older people and the boys saw the world and grew up as curious people. You are absolutely right, the parents have to be the judges which is why, when my eldest was 15 and getting a little truculent as they do we switched to beach holidays for a few years - less stress. Each child will be different

Do continue to enjoy your time on Azamara and post us a review when you get back

Archived