Advanced specialty dining reservations?

JennAngel9

I was able to make a dining reservation for specialty dining today (my cruise is 2 months out)-- however, i was told by captain's club that I could only be given one reservation AND I could only choose 6:00, 6:30, 9:00 or 9:30. Has anybody else had this experience booking 60 days out?

I was able to make a dining reservation for specialty dining today (my cruise is 2 months out)-- however, i was told by captain's club that I could only be given one reservation AND I could only choose 6:00, 6:30, 9:00 or 9:30. Has anybody else had this experience booking 60 days out?

Hi Jenn !

You can only make 1 Specialty Dining reservation in advance. As for specific times, I can only assume they gave you what they show as available. When you board the ship, be sure to see the Specialty Dining Maitre'd, as soon as possible... and they should be able to assist you.

If you arent happy with their answer, you can always call back, and ask to speak with a Supervisor. Perhaps they can get you a more desired time. I hope this helps. Good Luck !

This is pretty much normal. You will find that when you get on board, the Specialty Restaurant Managers will do their best to accommodate you for other meals. We ate in Aqualina three times on our last cruise and only made the one reservation. We know several friends who ate more than three times.

We found the restaurant staff to be more than accommodating.

Enjoy your cruise.

Jenn

This is exactly the same problem as I had last week when on 59 days out I was given the option of those times only and given a story that if you are after a table for 2 these are the only times the restaurant took couples -I asked they go back and check as I have dined at 8pm at a table for 2 before. I have since had a voicemail message to say I am getting a table at 8pm but when I called back for an email confirmation we are still waiting for that.....

It seems the electronic system the staff are looking at is for some reason only opening up some times. I think they need to look at this as it is not much of a perk to have an option to book at only some times and then have to go immediately you get on board and have the poor Maitre D have to move everyones reservations

Jenn---I could only make one reservation and given certain times as well. I called 59 days out, which was 2 weeks ago. I'm still waiting for my e-mail confirmation.:( I won't hold my breath!!!

I must have been lucky. Made my reservation the first day I could (60 days out), gave them two times for the same day and received my confirmation that afternoon. However, the representative for the Captain's Club said that there are only two people that oversee the reservations for Azamara and they can get rather swamped. The rep that takes your reservation then passes it on to these two people. Looks like timing is everything.

As a side note, three years ago prior to sailing on the Millenium, made reservations for the specialty restaurant and the ship never got the info, so had no reservation...fortunately able to book several on ship. Barb

I must have been lucky. Made my reservation the first day I could (60 days out), gave them two times for the same day and received my confirmation that afternoon. However, the representative for the Captain's Club said that there are only two people that oversee the reservations for Azamara and they can get rather swamped. The rep that takes your reservation then passes it on to these two people. Looks like timing is everything.

As a side note, three years ago prior to sailing on the Millenium, made reservations for the specialty restaurant and the ship never got the info, so had no reservation...fortunately able to book several on ship. Barb

After reading your post, I called the Captain's Club again to let them know I had not received a confirmation. "Mary" told me there was nothing that showed I had called and made a reservation. She is re-sending my request and also asked for an alternative date and time in case they can't honor my first choice. I'm glad I called!!!! I've learned my lesson--if they say they're gonna do it and don't---ya gotta nag 'em a bit!;) Lori

I called 60 days out and like you was told that since I was booking a reservation for two people, my times were restricted to the times you mention above. Somewhat surprised as I had called within hours of the 60 days from departure (Aug 23-Quest), I sounded somewhat askance as surely other times could not have allready prebooked. I was informed that the 7 and 7:30 PM time slots were reserved for those booking a table of 4 or more. Wishing to have my preferred time of 7:30PM, I asked if I could then reserve a table for 4 at 7:30 or 8PM and was told yes. Now I thought I had beat the system, only to be asked for the names of the other two guests at the table. I suggested that I would likely make new friends on board and with whom we would invite to join us at the table but that I didn't have names yet. It was then that I thought I could hear the thoughts of the person on the phone from the Captain's Club office thinking - "ah hah, beat you". And so they did as the policy clearly requires the names of the other passengers who would be sitting at the table. All this though begs the question, why such a policy? And why penalize a passenger for requesting a preferred seating time for two when others can get theirs simply because there are more than 3 people in their party?

" I've learned my lesson--if they say they're gonna do it and don't---ya gotta nag 'em a bit!;) Lori

"

But that is not the experience once you're on the ship. The service is impeccable.

By the way, we were pleasantly surprised when, as we were boarding our Copenhagen/Iceland cruise on June 6 we were asked if we would like to have dinner in one of the specialty restaurants for that night.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kathy

" I've learned my lesson--if they say they're gonna do it and don't---ya gotta nag 'em a bit!;) Lori
"

But that is not the experience once you're on the ship. The service is impeccable.

By the way, we were pleasantly surprised when, as we were boarding our Copenhagen/Iceland cruise on June 6 we were asked if we would like to have dinner in one of the specialty restaurants for that night.

Enjoy your cruise!

I think you may find shortly no more booking specailty restaurants ahead

Jancruz1

Archived