Is there any way to get photos after cruise?

winncruiser

I was just onboard the Ruby Princess sailing out of Venice on June 9th and now that I"m home, I'm kicking myself that I did not purchase Princess photos from formal night. Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow get these photographs?

Does anyone have the contact info to get the photo release for pictures purchased on the cruise? I had it at one time but can't seem to locate it.

Thanks

Just call Princess and they will mail or fax a release form to you. ;)

There is a chance that they MAY still have the photos on their computer. We did a back to back and missed the photos from the first cruise but were able to have them printed later as they were still on the computer.Good luck.

Just call Princess and they will mail or fax a release form to you. ;)

Does this allow you to make copies of the pictures taken on the cruise? Are they willing to provide a release?

Tracey

Does this allow you to make copies of the pictures taken on the cruise? Are they willing to provide a release?

Tracey

Yes, just call them and they will mail you a release and you can make as many copies of your photos purchased onboard as you would like.

I was just onboard the Ruby Princess sailing out of Venice on June 9th and now that I"m home, I'm kicking myself that I did not purchase Princess photos from formal night. Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow get these photographs?

I think you can still get them call Princess and ask for the photo department.

Dee

The photo department keeps them on their computer for about 3 cruises and then they are removed. However it is unlikely you will be able to get a copy after you leave the ship, they keep them for the back to back cruisers.

Is it possible - when on board - to buy 'electronic photo's'? i.e. find the one that you want and have them burned onto CD/DVD (as a jpeg or whatever) rather than buy 'hard copies'?

From my point of view it will be much easier and of course I have the images to forward onto friends who would not be able to see the 'hard copy'.

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

I would try different contact numbers. Back when I was on a cruise (different line)- my husband & I went on debarkation day to get the 2nd formal night pics- but they had closed up earlier then we expected.

I was able to email after the cruise and the line contracted with an outside company who had the photos and were able t sort thru them & I have the photos in hand....

I was also able to give them a godo description of what we were wearing AND provided them with a digital copy of us fromn the first formal night so we were easier to spot!

Good luck!!!

Bernadette

I just saw...my cruise was 6/24/06- the email that got to the right person was dated 6/12/09

Hi,

My husband & I were on the 6/24 sailing of the Zenith from Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda.

I am enclosing a picture taken of us on the first formal night on the ship for identification purposes. It is a quick digital of the actual photo.

We had viewed the second night formal pictures and had planned to buy one of the three photos taken that we had viewed on Saturday morning.

We had planned our dinner table mates at 8AM for breakfast and then buy the picture before the shop closed at 9AM. Our table mates missed breakfast and in the bedlam of getting them up and out because none of our tables three wake-up calls had been delivered that morning- we did not make it to the shop before it closed.

In the second formal night picture we were looking for, my husband was wearing a black suit and I was wearing a dark purple gown low cut with straps. My hair was down like in the 1st formal night pic I have provided here.

Thanks so much for the help.

Is it possible - when on board - to buy 'electronic photo's'? i.e. find the one that you want and have them burned onto CD/DVD (as a jpeg or whatever) rather than buy 'hard copies'?

From my point of view it will be much easier and of course I have the images to forward onto friends who would not be able to see the 'hard copy'.

Thanks

Mike

No they will not download them. :)

On our cruise in May on the CB this question was asked while we were on the Ultimate Ship Tour in the Photo Lab. The answer was that they can be ordered after the cruise, they keep the photos on the computers for about 1 month and then they are gone forever. You would have to have the information from the back of the photo for them to track it down. We did not ask how to go about ordering them after leaving the ship so can not help on that issue. Yes, they do sell the photos to you on CD for $50 per picture which includes selling you the copyright to use the photos. We were told it was $25 for the photo and $25 for selling the copyrights. On this subject we were told that they are considering offering the photos on a USB memory stick in the future.

Tracey

Yes. Walgreen's has the release on file for Carnival. Princess will fax or mail the release to you (3-10 business days) . I got the actual release from Carnival Cruise but never had a problem copying pics from Princess. Not all employees at the store know about the release on file. Some being new or temporary help. They are expecting me in August after my Alaska cruise:D

BTW a 5*7 at Walgreen is $1

Here's the link to the copyright release form. Just fill in your information, print the page, and bring it along with the photo to Costco, CVS, Walgreens, or wherever you want to get more prints. It's easy as pie, and only once in my experience did CVS call the 1-800 number on the page to verify the release.

https://www.image.com/html/guest-postcruiseCopyrightReleaseForm.cfm

Here's the link to the copyright release form. Just fill in your information, print the page, and bring it along with the photo to Costco, CVS, Walgreens, or wherever you want to get more prints. It's easy as pie, and only once in my experience did CVS call the 1-800 number on the page to verify the release.

Donna, you are a sweetheart! :D I love it when we can cut out the middle man and don't have to wait. Thanks!

Yes. Walgreen's has the release on file for Carnival. Princess will fax or mail the release to you (3-10 business days) . I got the actual release from Carnival Cruise but never had a problem copying pics from Princess. Not all employees at the store know about the release on file. Some being new or temporary help. They are expecting me in August after my Alaska cruise:D

BTW a 5*7 at Walgreen is $1

One thing that I don't understand is if you scan one of their ship photo's & get a 5x7 from Walgreen's (and have no intention of publishing it), how would that possibly know that it requires a release?

One thing that I don't understand is if you scan one of their ship photo's & get a 5x7 from Walgreen's (and have no intention of publishing it), how would that possibly know that it requires a release?

Professional photos need a release, and whether they are stamped on the back or not, trust me, they know. ;)

I don't see Princess on there. I guess I'll have to call them. Thanks for all of the info. I didn't realize it was so easy to do this.

Do you all just scan the picture and then bring it in? That's what I'm planning on doing but didn't know if there was an easier way. When I scan my picture I need to do some editing on it as well, since it doesn't look as good.

And does anyone know what number I would call for Princess? Is it just the main number?

Tracey

I recently took a picture into Costco of my daughter from her dance studio that the studio asked me for a copy of and told me to scan it and get a copy. When I picked it up at Costco they made me sign a form because they said it looked like it was taken by a professional photographer. I don't think they always catch this stuff but I think when they are enlargements they look at them.

I recently took a picture into Costco of my daughter from her dance studio that the studio asked me for a copy of and told me to scan it and get a copy. When I picked it up at Costco they made me sign a form because they said it looked like it was taken by a professional photographer. I don't think they always catch this stuff but I think when they are enlargements they look at them.

Professional photos need a release, and whether they are stamped on the back or not, trust me, they know. ;)

The only repro of a Princess photo I've ever had done was a crop of a larger photo & it was done at CVS to a 5x7 & given to them on a camera chip.

Archived