travelling with other people - how do you find each other?

pwlorraine

This is my first time on a cruise with a group in another cabin - in this case my son and my fiance's daughter. The cabin happens to be on the same floor but on the opposite side of the ship. Does anyone have a "best practice" for finding each other? I'm not optimistic about just running into each other - the Caribbean Princess looks like a big ship. Is there voice mail on the cabin-cabin phones?

Peter

Yes there is Voice mail .. at least Princess has that so far..

I so wish they would get out of the Maritime Ice Ages.. Even Interactive TVS etc.. or by Lap Tops and WiFi etc...

You may leave notes and schedule meeting times too.

Walkie Talkies only work so well with a Steel Ship...eh..

Choices choices...

Anyways have a wonderful cruise and they willl also.:cool:

This is my first time on a cruise with a group in another cabin - in this case my son and my fiance's daughter. The cabin happens to be on the same floor but on the opposite side of the ship. Does anyone have a "best practice" for finding each other? I'm not optimistic about just running into each other - the Caribbean Princess looks like a big ship. Is there voice mail on the cabin-cabin phones?

Peter

Meet up for breakfast each morning, and then plan when and where you want to run into them again. Set a time and a place, or use stick ups on their stateroom door or voice mail works well also. On a ship this size, if you don't, you may not see them again until you are leaving for home. On the larger ships, it is difficult to just keep running into someone without making plans on where to meet. Enjoy!

i think you will be surprised at how often you will run into each other. plan on meeting for meals, or excursions and go from there. check out the patters and if you have similar interests, you're sure to meet up at an activity. leave notes in the mailbox, or on the door (bring a magnet, the doors are metal). and i figure all of the walking around i'm doing looking for someone entitles me to an extra treat!

Voice mail and Post-It notes; I use both. There are also "house" phones throughout the ship so you can call and leave a message even if you're not in your cabin.

I agree. Voice mail and Post-it notes are the easiest way to keep in touch. We tried walkie-talkies on one cruise, but they were a real pain. They went unused for most of the cruise. Never took them again.:)

We usually travel with other people, it is easier than you think and you will be surprised how even when not planned you will see each other. Having said that, pre arrange what time/where you will meet etc. If you want to have meals together make sure you have Princess cross reference your booking numbers together. You will have a great time! Was on the CB twice!

One of the nice things about a cruise is that each person can do what they want to do. Spending a little time together is fun. Being glued together for the entire trip and always feeling that a schedule has to happen is a pain. Freedom is a good thing!:D

On our last cruise there were 23 of us.:eek: Actually things went really smoothly. We did not all eat together. Except the 2 formal nights. We had anytime dining. If we needed to get in touch with someone we just left messages on the cabin phones.

Took our daughter on a cruise for graduation from Univ. of Colorado. Even staying in the same cabin, we had to prearrange a meeting time and place each day if we wanted to see each other other than dinner. Other than that, notes in the cabin worked. We got so if we wanted to leave a note we would put it in the box outside our cabin where patters etc accumulate. That way we could communicate changes quickly without having to go in the cabin.

Phone messages would work too - there is a red light on the phone when a message is waiting.

I would just go around to their cabin and knock on the door!

Or if I arranged it in advance get their cell / mobile phone number and then send them a text message once on board "meet up at 6pm in wheelhouse bar"...

I would just go around to their cabin and knock on the door!

Or if I arranged it in advance get their cell / mobile phone number and then send them a text message once on board "meet up at 6pm in wheelhouse bar"...

If you are going to do this, find out the cost from your provider before you go.

A little planning the night before, messages on the phones, a note in the mailbox, they are all great.

We usually book almost our shore excursions ahead of time and those we tend to all do together with our traveling group. But that sure in not necessary....people do have different interests.

Also, in a more laid way, it's pretty easy to say that you will see them by the aft pool (just for instance) about 10 ish. Same thing for activities during the day. Those types of areas are not so huge that you cannot find each other. That is the thing about the larger Princess ships - they are really big, but each area seems to be rather intimate and comfortable, rather than huge and overpowering.

I usually select a place on ship that friends can check for me. We meet our trqaveling companiuons usually for breakfast and at dinner time. We like to dine early and friends dine late we have found the breakfast times so nice to spend extra time with them and plan our days.We pollan to meet in atrium or off teh gangplanck are. We use cell phones to hook up at beginning of cruise, notes on doors and telephne calls when we are leaving room. We travel with from 10 to 90 people works well.

Archived