Venice flight

At the end of our cruise we have a flight leaving Venice at 15.20 - just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a shore excursion available that will then take us to the airport for that time. We are due to dock at 06.45.

It just seems a long time to wait at the airport!

Thank you

No need to book an excursion. When the shuttle bus leaves you off at the bus station, simply buy a ticket on the vaporetto and ride around the city by water. When you are ready for the airport, get off where you started and take a city bus (2 euros, I believe) directly to the ariport. Venice is one of the easiest cities to get to and from the airport.

Thank you Yogimax

We will have quite a bit of luggage - any suggestions what we would do with that?

Will RCI run a shuttle bus when it is disembarkation day?

Thank you agin for your help!

Thank you Yogimax

We will have quite a bit of luggage - any suggestions what we would do with that?

Will RCI run a shuttle bus when it is disembarkation day?

Thank you agin for your help!

There will be a shuttle from the ship to the bus station. The luggage is going to be a problem. If you have quite a bit, it will probably be too much to store at the bus station or nearby train station.

I hope someone else can offer a solution!

We did the Padua and airport transfer trip offered. It would get you to the airport in time, but wouldn't reccommend it.

A better idea is to leave your luggage at the left luggage office at the Piazzale Roma (the courtesy bus drops you v close to it) Then buy a water bus ticket and head for St Marks Square. Soak up the wonderful atmosphere and just wander around the area until you are ready to head back to P Roma and the bus (land not water) back to the Airport. It really is very easy to do Venice on your own.

Kay

Why not spend an extra day in Venice sightseeing and fly out the following day. That's what I did in 07. First off let me give u some tips. The airport will be total zoo on arrival day. U won't be the only ship in port and most people who live in Europe will be flying home. That being said, u can be one of the last off ship; take your time eat breakfast, then head to airport. I almost bet it will take u at least two hours to get thru security, ticket, etc, so when u really look at it; if u leave the ship at 0900 or 0930, take 30 min taxi to airport, fight the crowds, u will only have a few hour wait. It's up to you but think about it.

• 4 years later...
We did the Padua and airport transfer trip offered. It would get you to the airport in time, but wouldn't reccommend it.

A better idea is to leave your luggage at the left luggage office at the Piazzale Roma (the courtesy bus drops you v close to it) Then buy a water bus ticket and head for St Marks Square. Soak up the wonderful atmosphere and just wander around the area until you are ready to head back to P Roma and the bus (land not water) back to the Airport. It really is very easy to do Venice on your own.

Kay

Hello Kay,

I know it has been long time, but I am wondering why you wouldn't recommend the Padua shore excursion? I have a 3:30pm flight and I am would like to visit Padua, but I cannot see many reviews about this shore excursion.

Thanks,

Mily

We took a cruise on Voyager in 2011 that began in Venice. We had already stayed a few days pre-cruise. On boarding day there was a huge line waiting to drop luggage at the Plaza by the People Mover entrance. We thought it was the line for the people mover to the ship. Everyone had luggage!

After standing in that line for almost half an hour with no movement, I went forward to investigate. Boy I felt dumb when I realized that the people mover had zero wait and all these people were blocking the entrance area while in line to drop luggage. I went back to fetch the wife and our luggage and elbowed our way through the crowd to get to the people mover entrance door. We had a little laugh only because the couple boarding the people mover right behind us had been doing the same thing as us.

Just got back from venice on Splendor. If you can walk off the ship with your luggage first thing in the morning. walk over to the People Mover and pay the 1.30 euros. Take it to P. Roma where you can store your bags for the day. You can also buy your tickets there for the ATVO, which is a shuttle bus that takes you right to the airport with no stops. The ATVO is 6 euros per person. It is about a 20-25 minute ride to marco Polo airport. You can walk to San Marco Plaza fro P. Roma in about 45 minutes without stopping. Walk around a bit and if you are running late, then you can take the water taxi back to P. Roma to get the bus. Walking around Venice is the best way to see it. Make sure you see Rialto Bridge, which is on the Grand Canal. When Leaving on your cruise ship from Venice, be on the upper deck on the left side of the sip. That is the side that you will see Venice from on the way out to sea.

The People Mover is connecting the port with Piazzale Roma (1.30 Euro single ride). By the ticket at the green kiosk at the head of terminal 107 and pass by the line at the station as those people all need to buy tickets at the ticket machine.

When you leave the station building at Piazzale Roma there´s a small shop to the left side where you can store your bags (7 Euro per piece). It fills up pretty quickly!

The Airport Shuttle is a direct bus from Piazzale Roma to San Marco Airport (6 Euro single ride). There´s also a public bus line 5 (same price but it stops pretty often and therefore needs longer to arrive at the airport).

Do not arrive at Venice airport more than 2.5 hours prior to your departure. The check-in gate won´t open until 2 hours pior to departure. There are no seats available (only in the restaurant area). So it´s not pretty comfortable waiting there.

steamboats

You guys are awesome! I am very surprised to receive so many answers from an old post.

This is the situation, I will be in venice 3 days pre-cruise, so I will be able to see all Venice highlights. I also Want to go to Padua, and I though this shore excursion on the last day was perfect since my flight leaves at 3:30pm to Paris.

If you don't recommend the shore excursion, is there an easier way to visit Padua?

Thanks

Mily

Not sure why people don't recommend the Padua excursion, but that information is quite old as well. On our recent Splendour cruise, all Venice shore excursions were cancelled due due low numbers, so that is also something to think about.