Bank of America Points redemption - policy change?

I had a last minute cruise picked out a couple of weeks ago. Called to get a cert. # to use, and was told emphatically they no longer did that. Was put on hold, she went to a "supervisor," the works. Also told that they no longer expedite sending the actual certificate.

Anyway, I didn't have time to make 10 more calls, it was a last minute fling, and RCCL didn't get the booking.

RCCL? If you do read these, you MIGHT want to touch base with B of A and get it straight.

I'm a little peeved that my aunt and I didn't get to go on a cool cruise that we could have done because of misinformation.

I mailed my 25,000 points coupon back to Royal in April 2009. How do I know for sure if it is applied to my acount? Royal is giving me the runaround stating they can not access that info....I made a copy of it so I do have my coupon number.

Alan

Called for certifs abt two weeks ago for our BOA celebrity card & could not get the numbers--the certifs came in the mail a few days later & we called them into Celebrity---

they told us they would not appear on any paperwork--but to bring the certifs with us on the cruise... it was really much easier than it has been in the past with BOA!

What is new is this: They are not posting it to your booking until it is closer to sail date. When they use to do it they did it as it came in. Now they are sorting it and it will not post until closer to sail date.

That has always been the policy.......certificates are posted from the earliest cruises to the later cruises. There are times that, if they are caught up, they will go ahead and post to the later cruises. It all depends on how many certificates they receive and what the cruise dates are.

On Thursday, 7/23 I called BofA to redeem some of my RCCL points and was given the certificate # over the phone. Called RCCL afterwards - they applied my points immediately to the cruise. Suggested I call my TA to get an updated "guest booking confirmation" to make sure all is reflected properly. Once I get my cert in the mail - I just need to fill out and mail to RCCL. It was easy - breezy - I was thrilled !!!

How would I apply the certificates to a last minute cruise? We normally book 2 - 4 weeks prior to cruising and I intend to request the certificates now so we have them. Would RCCL accept the certificate number over the phone for OBC? Do I need to send the certificates to them via USPS? Or would I be able to take them with us when checking in at the port?

Chris in FLA

How would I apply the certificates to a last minute cruise? We normally book 2 - 4 weeks prior to cruising and I intend to request the certificates now so we have them. Would RCCL accept the certificate number over the phone for OBC? Do I need to send the certificates to them via USPS? Or would I be able to take them with us when checking in at the port?

Chris in FLA

yes RCl will take the Certificate # over the phone...you have to turn in the Certificates BEFORE you cruise...they will do you NO GOOD at check in...

Just so you know the Certificates are only good for 6 Months after they are issued...you don't have to CRUISE in 6 months...just have the cruise booked you are going to use your certificates for...

I call BOA a couple of weeks ago to redeem my coupon points. I asked for the certificate numbers, they gave them to me. I called them in to RCI and they applied them to my reservation. When I received the coupons a week later, I filled them out and mailed them in. I have never had any problem getting the certificate numbers from BOA when I request them.

Hi everyone. Just returned from our first RC cruise on the Explorer last week and had a fabulous time. can all of you in the know clue me in on the Visa program? Is it a good program? We are planning our next cruise on Voyager in February and wondering if I should apply for the card. Thanks!

Hi everyone. Just returned from our first RC cruise on the Explorer last week and had a fabulous time. can all of you in the know clue me in on the Visa program? Is it a good program? We are planning our next cruise on Voyager in February and wondering if I should apply for the card. Thanks!

Do you like free Money? I use the RCI (BOA) Visa card for everything (resturants, gas, travel, groceries etc.) and pay off the balance each month (no interest). Anything you buy from RCI is double points (like your cruise). It not only convienient, but rewarding. I have collected $200-300 OBC a cruise each year for the past three years. Not bad for items I would have wrote a check or paid cash for. I do not know if they are still offering it, but they were offering 15,000 to 30,000 points ($150-$300) for taking out their card.

I called B of A to redeem points for my upcoming cruise on 7/19 (yes, I know, it's late!), however, was told by the customer service rep and her manager that they no longer issue the certificate number in advance of mailing the actual certificate. They said that it was a new policy - has anyone else experienced this, or have I been given the runaround?

The same thing happened to me. I told the rep that I have done this numerous times and have always received the certificate number. I asked to please double check or let me talk to a manager. He came back on the line and apologized and said I was correct. I just did this in June.

Archived