Concierge Class - Worth the extra cost?

Soccerfan

We just booked today our first Celebrity cruise in CC on Century. Could anyone tell me please if the CC perks listed in Pat and Paul's post apply to this ship as well.

We are very excited - Any other information greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Glenda

You betcha! The perks apply fleet wide except on Xpedition which has it's own special features and pricing. (Free booze, all inclusive shore excursions, tips included, etc.)

Here is the link to Century Concierge Class:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do;jsessionid=0000xajAKC_WrYqrAnZWMntFBRV:12h3rnd1c?br=C&cabinType=CC&cabincls=B&shipCode=CN

Pat

I've been trying to find that information all day:o so thanks for the link:). Really excited now - only 11 weeks to go!!

We are in the UK and usually cruise with either Princess or PandO. Looking forward to Celebrity, we have read some really good reviews.

Thanks once again.

Glenda

We have sailed in CC cabins and in non CC balcony cabins. Sailed this past April in CC cabin for 15 days (8 sea days) and wanted the expanded breakfast room service menu plus the location was where we wanted and you had to book CC to get the aft facing location (on Infinity-M class ships).

We are sailing in January 2010 and did NOT book a CC cabin. Booked a more mid ship location for our S. America cruise. Difference was over $20/day/person and we thought we could use the over $500 to enjoy elsewhere as we would not be in our cabin/balcony as much on this cruise.

As others have mention, it is a matter of opinion/choice. We do not care for the snacks, we do not drink champayne. Do drink! :). Pillows are nice, not sure about cabin size differences. Can't be very much different.

Hope you enjoy your cruise whatever you decide! :)

Hi, I am sailing with my cousin on Sept. 25 for 16 days on Celebrity, we are in a W/C 9164 CC; (It was an upgrade). We are going to on a Panama Canal Cruise. Anybody have any comments about this suite. I have been told that your chair can have it's batteries wrecked through the electrical system; is that true? My friend had it happen on his Alaskan Cruise. His Charger also got wrecked. I have seen many good comments about the CC service. I have also seen allot of negative things about this particular ship (Infinity). Love to hear from you.

Hi, I posted questions about this suite asking if anybody had used it as a w/c suite; I guess nobody realized I meant wheelchair suite. Does anybody that has used this suite as a wheelchair user; have any comments or recommendations? My cousin and I are going on the Panama Canal Cruise Sept. 25th.

JC:)

Hi, I posted questions about this suite asking if anybody had used it as a w/c suite; I guess nobody realized I meant wheelchair suite. Does anybody that has used this suite as a wheelchair user; have any comments or recommendations? My cousin and I are going on the Panama Canal Cruise Sept. 25th.

This is a very nice cabin. The aft CC rooms are all special as they have balconies that are roughly the same size of the room - the width of the room and maybe 25 feet long (just a guess). Amoung these 16 rooms on each M class ship are 3 accessible cabins, one on each floor. These are several feet wider than a standard CC room, to allow for wheel chair access between the bed and wall; as a result they are perhaps the largest CC rooms on the ship. The rooms are re-arranged a bit to improve access. They have ramps wherever there would be thresholds - such as balcony and bathroom acess. The closet has an accessable hanging rod which levers down for access. The bathroom is huge and has an accessable vanity, lots of grab nandles and even a barrier free shower (hint - get three or 4 extra towels daily to lay on the floor to prevent water from getting over the rest of the bathroom when the seas rock a little).

We happened to get this room once at the last minuite even though we do not have a need for an accessible cabin. I have some photos on my web site of the room right below on a different ship - but the rooms should be essentially identical: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/gallery/1402938_npTyY#66395110_NMQcW

Should be a great room for you!

we always book CC but mostly it's cuz I love the fresh flowers and the in-room fresh fruit and hopefully the upgraded towels and robes are really in good condition -not always the case :(

Nice to know the 1240 on the Mercury is a desireable cabin, but not sure why? is the balcony 'that much' bigger? or what????

Any tips to share about the Mercury?

Hi JC,

We have been in 7212 on Infinity for 21 days and in 7413 on Constellation for 29 days. These are handicapped cabins. My husband needs and uses a Pride Go Go mobility scooter both on the ship and on the shore. We charged the battery every night and during the day when we were in the cabin. There was never a problem with the electrical system in these cabins.

You might want to bring a strip to charge extra battery operated things, like your camera etc. as there are (I think) only two outlets available and the scooter battery is always being charged. Also, we always unplugged the charger as soon as the batter was charged. The light turns green. Probably didn't need to though.

Hope this helps. You can also ask lots of questions on the disabled area of the board. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Everyone there helped us alot.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

We had Aft CC 7212 (basically the same as your cabin) in June. It is laid out fine for a wheelchair user, although there is no ramp to the balcony, so unless your DH can step over a 3-4" lip in the door or you can bump the wheelchair over it, he won't be getting out there too often. Here are pictures of the cabin: http://www.lachances.com/Family/Alaska_Photos/Pages/Infinity_Cabin_7212.html

I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise. We'd love to do that itinerary.

In addition, a few of the CC (Conceirge Class) cabins have much larger balconies vs. the other CC cabins. Here are a few that I've noticed and try to book over the years:

Mercury - 1200, 1201, 1240, 1241

The ones in bold are the most sought after CC cabins on the respective ships. They generally don't cost any more than any of the other CC cabins, so if you have the option, grab them!

Hello Pat:

We are currently booked on the Mercury ship for an Alaskan cruise in May, 2010. We noticed that you mentioned cabins 1200, 1201, 1240, 1241- as cabins that are the most sought after. The cabin that we reserved is 1201. However, we noticed in some pictures of the ship that it looks like there is no covering over the balcony. It looks like it is open above to the sky. It is hard to see, but do you know if there is any cover from above to protect against rain? Or are you stuck inside your cabin if it rains for part of the cruise? A second question: It also looks like there is a railing on the deck above 12. Is that a deck that passengers have access to? and if so, can they look inside your balcony from the railing above?

We enjoy your posts. Thanks for alot of great information.

Christine Walsh

In addition, a few of the CC (Conceirge Class) cabins have much larger balconies vs. the other CC cabins. Here are a few that I've noticed and try to book over the years:

Mercury - 1200, 1201, 1240, 1241

The ones in bold are the most sought after CC cabins on the respective ships. They generally don't cost any more than any of the other CC cabins, so if you have the option, grab them!

Hello Pat:

We are currently booked on the Mercury ship for an Alaskan cruise in May, 2010. We noticed that you mentioned cabins 1200, 1201, 1240, 1241- as cabins that are the most sought after. The cabin that we reserved is 1201. However, we noticed in some pictures of the ship that it looks like there is no covering over the balcony. It looks like it is open above to the sky. It is hard to see, but do you know if there is any cover from above to protect against rain? Or are you stuck inside your cabin if it rains for part of the cruise? A second question: It also looks like there is a railing on the deck above 12. Is that a deck that passengers have access to? and if so, can they look inside your balcony from the railing above?

We enjoy your posts. Thanks for alot of great information.

Christine Walsh

Christine,

A majority of 1200 and 1201 are exposed (no roof) but there is about a two foot (maybe three foot) covered area.

Yes, there is access to the deck above Sky Deck during the day. Evenings and nights are supposedly closed off so you shouldn't have sleeping issues.

Anyone else had recent reports of staying on Sky Deck on Mercury?

Pat

Christine,

A majority of 1200 and 1201 are exposed (no roof) but there is about a two foot (maybe three foot) covered area.

Yes, there is access to the deck above Sky Deck during the day. Evenings and nights are supposedly closed off so you shouldn't have sleeping issues.

Anyone else had recent reports of staying on Sky Deck on Mercury?

Pat

I have been doing a lot of research and think that we will be just fine!!

Thanks,

Jewels:)

What about the shower heads in CC and Aqua class. Are they the same and better than regular balcony rooms on Solstice and Equinox? I recently saw some photos and noticed that only the Aqua class has a better one. The ones in CC and balcony are the same.

Hope I have not skimmed over anything, but it appears that no one mentioned the extra cruise credit you get for cc or aqua class. That is our reason for booking one of those on our next cruise, as we have seven credits, and want to get ten completed for the new Captains Club benefits that seem so enticing.

• 2 weeks later...

It is always important to continually check the rates regardless of class. Celebrity will reduce your rate if they have decided on lowering prices, and then of course, Concierge will be an even better deal. Our Celebrity cruise came down over 30% from the time we actually booked to final payment.

Archived