Half Moon Cay Activities

Oca

Hi --

My husband and I are booked on a cruise that makes a stop at HMC. We are very interested in some of the activities that are offered -- parasailing, horseback riding, kayaking, etc. In general we like to be kept busy and are not really sun worshippers.

If we are interested in doing more than one activity, do we have to sign up before leaving the ship (and are we given a specific time slot) or do we have the option of choosing the activities we want to do once we are already on shore? For instance, can we sign up to do nothing and then when we get to shore go to the spot where the horseback riding is offered and sign up then/there? go to the spot where parasailing is offered and sign up then/there? Etc?????

Any insight you can give us on how this works at HMC would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

You will love Half Moon Cay. I would suggest booking ahead for any tour you REALLY want to do, since they tend to fill up quickly and if you wait until you get on the ship, you may not be able to book any excursions. We have done the kayak tour and loved it, as well as parasailing. We love Half Moon Cay as a "relaxation" day due to the beautiful beach. We rent a cabana (we're not "sun worhshipers" either) and enjoy the beach without getting lots of sun. (of course we do float on the rafts for a while...the water is crystal clear). Enjoy your day in paradise!

Actually you can reserve activities and cabanas, clamshells on HMC prior to sailing. We are sailing on Eurodam in December 09 and have already booked a cabana. Just go to the HAL website under "booked guests".

You can not sign up for tours on HMC like horseback riding, etc.

All excrusions, renting of clam shells and cabanas must be done through the shore excursion desk on the ship prior to your arrival at HMC. There are deadlines for purchasing the tours.

This is not true. We have booked our cabana online for next May.

There were other excursions for HMC there to book.

All excrusions, renting of clam shells and cabanas must be done through the shore excursion desk on the ship prior to your arrival at HMC. There are deadlines for purchasing the tours.

I thought some things can also be booked on HMC and that they move the excursion desk to the island after arrival. Then again, I have not booked anything on HMC other than a massage on the beach and that we booked on the ship.

Unless something has changed in the past year or so, sure you can ... if and only IF there is capacity left on the excursion. If there are open slots for horseback riding, you can certainly sign up at the activities desk on the island and they will give you a time. But generally, I wouldn't chance it and would sign up ahead of time via the website. Especially if there is more than one ship in that day, those excursions can sell out fast.

Blue skies ...

--rita

This is not true. We have booked our cabana online for next May.

There were other excursions for HMC there to book.

Just to clear up your mis-understanding - KK was talking about tours etc. booked while on HMC - not on-line prior to arrival. Others have since responded that the excursions may possibly be booked while on the island - IF there is space available.

Unless something has changed in the past year or so, sure you can ... if and only IF there is capacity left on the excursion. If there are open slots for horseback riding, you can certainly sign up at the activities desk on the island and they will give you a time. But generally, I wouldn't chance it and would sign up ahead of time via the website. Especially if there is more than one ship in that day, those excursions can sell out fast.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I do now recall chatting with the shore excursion person the morning we were at HMC and her telling people that they had to check the shore excursion desk on the island for any availablity as it was no longer handled on the ship for that day.

Archived