Hotel question in Ft. Lauderdale

ckr31

Hi everyone, I am looking for a nice hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that has great accommodation's and provides shuttle services to the pier free of charge with free airport transportation as well?

Hi everyone, I am looking for a nice hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that has great accommodation's and provides shuttle services to the pier free of charge with free airport transportation as well?

If price is part of your 'looking', check out www.valuetrips.com for the Hyatt place. Close to shopping (huge Publix, and Wine and More), the water taxi, nice rooms, expanded continental breakfast, and shuttle. The prices on valuetrips (depending on the time of year) are usually quite good. Have stayed there many times.

We prefer the Embassy Suites, but the price is about double, and you have to pay for a package deal if you want the shuttle, although they do offer a nicer atmosphere (garden type atrium), managers cocktail party, complimentary in the evening, and a full cooked to order breakfast. They are within the same block of each other, so both are very close to everything needed.

We prefer the Embassy Suites, but the price is about double, and you have to pay for a package deal if you want the shuttle, although they do offer a nicer atmosphere (garden type atrium), managers cocktail party, complimentary in the evening, and a full cooked to order breakfast. They are within the same block of each other, so both are very close to everything needed.

Toto,

We are looking at the Embassey Suites but I didn't see anything about package for shuttle.

Do you know the price off hand? How much can a shuttle be for about four blocks?

John

The Florida board under the East Coast Departures menu has lots of good info.

We stayed at La Quinta on 26th St in Hollywood, and they had shuttle to the airport and pier, and lots of shopping and restaurants right across the street at Oakwood Shopping Centre. Nice hotel, friendly staff, and an affordable rate.

We have stayed at the FLL Embassy suites numerous times. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel is free. Check with the desk for transportation to the cruise terminal. They had a list going and it was 7 dollars per person last December for the service. Embassy suites is so convenient to the pier and you are walking distance to Publix. We bought large water bottles, beer and some wine to take on board from there.

We stayed at Embassy Suites this past March for a couple of days prior to the cruise and it was LOVELY. Service was wonderful - staff couldn't be more helpful. The hotel itself is incredible. If we drive down again, we are definitely booking the hotel again.

Toto,

We are looking at the Embassey Suites but I didn't see anything about package for shuttle.

Do you know the price off hand? How much can a shuttle be for about four blocks?

John

It's a bit more than four blocks and also depending on where your ship is docked. Shuttle is ridiculous. Take a taxi.

Toto,

John

I see your question was already answered. It indeed is $7 per person for the transfer. They used to offer a deal where you could pay for the shuttle in the room rate, but they might have stopped that in the last few months, I know it was there the end of last year. It was labeled something like 'for cruise passengers' or something similar. But the shuttle is about the same price as a taxi would cost. What we normally will do is to take the shuttle if it is leaving right away and not full, or if we have to wait, we just grab a taxi. ;)

This November will be the third time we have stayed at the Hyatt Place and to me for the money you can't go wrong. They have nice large room with big screen TV , nice breakfast buffet., waking distance to Publix, liquior store...but remember to buy on Saturday. You can't buy liquior on Sunday until after 12 or 1 o'clock. The offer cruise and airport shuttle service.

We stayed Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, 400 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach. They have free pick up at the airport and a free shuttle to the port. The shuttle to the port leaves the hotel hourly - last one is at noon. You sign up for it the night before. Next door is a fish restaurant inside this fishing gear store. It was pretty good but closes around 10:00 pm. We barely made it in time coming in from LA. Also if you are really bored they have the Fishing Hall of Fame next door between the hotel and the restaurant. We did not go into that place so I don't know if it is any good.

It's a bit more than four blocks and also depending on where your ship is docked. Shuttle is ridiculous. Take a taxi.

Looking at so many hotels I got them confused on the distance. Taxi sounds good. Thanks

I see your question was already answered. It indeed is $7 per person for the transfer. They used to offer a deal where you could pay for the shuttle in the room rate, but they might have stopped that in the last few months, I know it was there the end of last year. It was labeled something like 'for cruise passengers' or something similar. But the shuttle is about the same price as a taxi would cost. What we normally will do is to take the shuttle if it is leaving right away and not full, or if we have to wait, we just grab a taxi. ;)

I went back and looked after reading your post and it does have a passenger cruise rate. The difference between that rate and senior rate is nuts. Again taxi sounds good. Thanks

Free shuttle from FLL. Free shuttle to port. Mall next door, liquor store down street, lots of resturants in area, pool, laundry, free breakfast.

They used to provide free pickup from ship to FLL, but the taxi cost is <$20.

Thanks everyone for all the info.I think we may do embassy do anyone remember the price in the spring?

As someone above suggested go to the North American Homeports forum, scroll to EastCoast departures, then Florida departures. A wealth of info is over there on hotels, rental cars, etc.

marilyn

Thanks everyone for all the info.I think we may do embassy do anyone remember the price in the spring?

Embassysuites dot com

I think they were $239.00/day, $219.00 for seniors, for end of April 2010.

we just booked the courtyard marriott fll airport and port for $99 a nite the weekend of 4/23/10 through 4/25/10 -- that is a great price given the ratings on this hotel and that weekend is fleet week and the airshow. Everyplace else is showing about $230 and up a nite.

Definitely have to second the Hampton Inn Plantation. We stayed there last December before our FLL to ACA Panama cruise. It's right next door to the Broward Mall for your last minute needs. In addition, the shuttle service is awesome (they have an enclosed luggage trailer for their van so there is no crowding). When we came from FLL at about 7pm, they dropped us at the Olive Garden and took our luggage to the hotel. We called them after we ate and they came and got us. Finally, they were kind enough to stop on the way to the terminal the next morning so that we could buy a couple bottles of wine for the trip (the liquor store was a bit far away).

We just can't say enough good things about these guys. It may sound like we were taking advantage of them, but these were all things they offered to do.

Michael

I don't understand the fascination with a shuttle when cabs are $10 to $15 at some hotels which are really nice and really close to the cruiseport. If the shuttle service is free but the hotel is more and out of the way, are you really saving anything? OP, you should balance it all out.

I have stayed at several places, both in FLL and MIA, but keep going back to the ExtendedStay America near the convention center. They did not advertise a shuttle but in Oct 2009 they had one, which was included in the hotel rate. If you check out their website, they offer $10 off by use of a code, ESH10. This resulted in $84 'drive out' price for one night. I like this hotel as it is close to the airport, dock and is within walking distance to restaurants, Publix and Total Wine. The hotel is about 1/2 mile from the dock.

Others who stayed at this hotel at the same time I did got a lower rate via priceline or orbitz, about $55.

The hotel does not have a restaurant and I do not think they have a pool, but their customer service was top notch. I called them when my plane landed and asked if I could drop off the luggage, no problem! On the same visit, I was waiting on a shop to open (Sunday embarkation) and requested late check out, again no problem.

We stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Courtyard Cruiseport ($119) which has free pick-up at the airport and free limo to the port - leaves hourly and the sign up sheet is at the front desk. The sign up lets the hotel know what size limo/bus to use the next morning. The hotel limo driver will take you to a liquor store if you want a supply of adult beverages (wine) for your cruise. We're already booked there for our April Princess cruise. The hotel staff is very helpful to its cruise guests.

Happy sailing.

I don't understand the fascination with a shuttle when cabs are $10 to $15 at some hotels which are really nice and really close to the cruiseport. If the shuttle service is free but the hotel is more and out of the way, are you really saving anything? OP, you should balance it all out.

I compare all amenities when I book a hotel and usually like to stay at one with the best price, that offers shuttle, continental breakfast, convenience to stores so we can pick up get last minute items. The Hyatt Place has all of this so this is where we have stayed

$215 to $240 depending on which rates you qualify for.

$191 if you have a Hhonors# and book through hiltonfamilymvp.com

Archived