Miami Hotels

mypleasure

We are travelling on Norwegian Pearl 27th Feb 2010. We will arrive at MIA approx 2.30PM 24th Feb so I am looking for a hotel for 3 nights pre-cruise.

There are just the two of us, we would like some relaxation time and also to see a few sights while we are there. What area of the city should we look at staying in and what are the prices like during February. Is this high season or low season? We would like a pool and easy access to food at night. An area that is safe to walk in would be a requirement too.

Many thanks for any help.

If you are looking in February you will be in peak ( most expensive) season in the Miami area. So it is good to start researching now for something that you can budget for.

If I were going to be in the area for 3 nights and didn't want to rent a car, I'd stay in the South Beach area. Lots of shopping, restaurants, beach and nice hotels in various budgets. You can check some out on tripadvisor.com.

If you want to do a city/water tour most hotels offer them or you can book yourself. Might want to do the Everglades tour if you have time. All depends on how hard you want to work at touring.

If you do a FORUM SEARCH here, you will find many hotel recs in the South beach area.

Try Priceline, good 4*an be had for around $80/$100 per night,if you don't mind staying a bit outside Miami.

Hollywood Beach is a nice place to stay as is Sunny Isles.

Have a great time.

Thanks for the info. Right now I am plowing through the posts on the board as you said and looking at the recommendations. I will try trip advisor too.

Jean

I agree South Beach would be perfect for you.

I agree

South Beach area. Ocean Blvd or Collins

Most if not all Hotels will have someone to help you purchase tours in the area. I highly recommend a City Tour. Also an airboat ride in the Everglades.

The beach would be great for those pre-cruise days. Coming in 2-3 days in advance gives enough time to take in the Miami scene. We normally come in the day before and find that we really don't have enough time to do anything more than dinner and last minute shopping for the cruise.

An airboat ride is fun, but it's more of a Disneyesque ride than a naturalist experience (if that's what you are looking for). Everglades National Park is a fabulous place (and does not offer airboat rides). Inside the park, you can take a very interesting two-hour (with stops) tram ride and usually see enough alligators to last a lifetime (and also learn something about them). Winter is a great time to go because the temperature is pleasant. However, you will need a car to get to the park.

Archived