Trolley tour through ship?

ahoys

I just wondered if there would be an advantage in booking the Old Town Trolley through the ship's excursion desk. I know the tour would be a "special tour" of just ship passengers and does not include hop-on hop-off privileges. Since we are in Key West at 7 am and will be leaving at 1 pm, we have a very short window of time. If we book the excursion through the ship, does the tour leave earlier than 9 am? We can get our own tickets in Mallory Square when the tour opens at 9.

I just wondered if there would be an advantage in booking the Old Town Trolley through the ship's excursion desk. I know the tour would be a "special tour" of just ship passengers and does not include hop-on hop-off privileges. Since we are in Key West at 7 am and will be leaving at 1 pm, we have a very short window of time. If we book the excursion through the ship, does the tour leave earlier than 9 am? We can get our own tickets in Mallory Square when the tour opens at 9.

The benefit of the trolley is that it is hop-on/hop-off so you can spend an entire day, little-by-little, exploring Key West from stop to stop. For your short amount of time you might be more interested in the Conch train which is an approx 90 minute non-stop tour. Once you do this you can spend the remaining time going back to a place that looked interesting, shopping, or having lunch. It is the same price as the trolley and info is here...

http://www.conchtourtrain.com/

But the trolley is $26.10 booking on-line. What is the cost through the ship?

Pjk

Don't do it thru the ship. Get you tickets online like the above poster said and you can walk to the trolley. It is close to the ship. And yes it is hop on hop off. We got off at the Hemingway house and toured that. It was an enjoyable tour.

We looking forward to it, although we will only be there a short time. My DH and I want to drive there for a longer visit sometime soon. We are beginning photography fanatics so we'd like to spend time taking a bunch of "coffee-table book" type pictures.

My goal this time is to find the best key lime pie.

We looking forward to it, although we will only be there a short time. My DH and I want to drive there for a longer visit sometime soon. We are beginning photography fanatics so we'd like to spend time taking a bunch of "coffee-table book" type pictures.

My goal this time is to find the best key lime pie.

If you get out onto the water you might catch a floating cloud...

545537520_Z7mGy-M.jpg

Or a rainbvow...

545546996_NiQMv-M-1.jpg

And of course, a sunset...

545563078_94FSr-M.jpg

Pjk

We were in KW last week and I agree with the earlier poster. Book online. It's a little cheaper and the on-off privileges are perfect for the area. We got off at the Hemingway House stop and toured that and then got off at the southernmost point for a few pictures and a bottle of water at a store down the street. We only had to wait one time to catch another trolley and that was only for a few minutes. And another thing too about the trolley, maybe we were just lucky, but all three of the driver/tour guides we had were great. They were very knowledgeable and funny without being corny. We got back to Mallory Square in plenty of time to walk down Duval St. for several blocks and then eat at redfish-bluefish (or vice-versa). I don't know how the key lime pie is everywhere else in KW, but it was very good there.

• 2 weeks later...

Conch Trains and Old Town Trolley tours of Key West are less expensive on your own. They have ticket booths right in town. Bone Shuttle transportation (without a narrated tour) is half the price, but why bother? We hopped on the Old Town Trolley. It has 10 stops and you are allowed to exit and reboard at any station. We got the grand tour of the island in about 1.5 hours, and tipped our driver "AL" who we thoroughly enjoyed. Hint: if you plan on visiting any of the houses or museums, buy your tickets at the Train or Trolley booths and you'll save a dollar per person.

More on Key West: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

Archived