Shopping for Quality

Hi Puggles,

Glad you liked my suggestions.

Not all Hermes scarfs are bright, but most are. And they do change patterns from year to year. But don't buy one unless you really love it.

I own three of the regular big 36" square ones, and then I own about 5 of the "Pouchettes". These are small squares, actually made as made pocket squares (but quite large for that. I wear them like a little twisted necklace around my neck when I'm wearing a nice tee shirt, or clean neck sweater. I have pale skin and they add a nice pop of color around my face while looking casual and unfussy.

Winter Bag/Summer Bag has to do with color, but also fabric and features. A black suede bag is never for the summer, black leather or patent leather yes. For summer months I use a caramel colored bag by La Furla. For summer a nice neutral that fits into your basic color palate is a great basic. You need to do some research and learn what goes into making a great bag.

Enjoy the experience!

Someone brought up Eileen Fisher clothing. Just in case you were interested, garnethill dot com has their summer sale going on now. Eileen Fisher has some of the items on sale. You might be able to pick up a few classic pieces.

Archived