Plaza Grille in BA

redvette

We stayed in the Alvear Palaca last march.The lunch is not to be missed.For about $20 per person.You can dine like being in the Pierrei hotel in New York which costs about $95 PP.We also ate in the Marriot on Florida street i think thats the one you are refering to.Very nice good food service what you expect in finer hotels in the USA.The head waiter ussally speacks english.

Diane & Jack, This month's Conde Naste recommends the Alvear Palace Hotel as one of the top hotels in BA, so it seems fit that the restaurant would be of top caliber. I think, since we arrive on the 31st, that we will probably try the Grille in our hotel (the Marriott). Wish we could join you, Diane, at Senor Tangos, but I'm afraid we would be too tired. We are hoping to go there on the night of the 2nd, if anyone wishes to join us.

Thanks folks, for the recommendations. Time is getting closer. Yea!!!

Sorry for the 2nd message, but you know what folks, maybe we could do the Alvear buffet on New Year's Day. I'll try and e-mail the hotel about more information. The Four Seasons which is also in the Recoleta is also recommended (the restaurant).

If you are having brunch at the Alvear Palace Hotel,may I suggest you make a resevation before you go.You might be able to do it on there web site.Also remember to dress a bit more country club like.I mean Jacket for men ,no tie,you wouldnt want to look out of place.

Thank you for your recommendations Acrusa.

I did, in fact, hear back from Alvear with a reservation form attached. We are having a lot of trouble for some reason with our AOL and cable, and I can't seem to open their reservations. I will keep trying, but Diane, maybe you could e-mail them as well. At Alvear Palace Hotel in BA the website is quite good and has an e-mail contact.

They responded right away. I keep opening my e-mail, but it keeps signing off. Errrrggg - frustrating. Anyway, I will keep trying. Sounds like a wonderful time.

Archived