Cabins all the way Forward.......

AZCAMM

We are booked on the Elation in a Suite on the Veraandah deck. It happens to be all

the way forward. We've never been "up front" before... always Mid-Ship. Anyone out there able to tell me how the ride was?? I've heard you may feel more of the dipping and such. Thank you.

I generally try to avoid forward cabins especially really forward ones but that's just 'cause I'm prone to seasickness in that kind of motion. Because I"ve booked GTE I've had them twice. In one case in rough weather, while I didn't get sick, it was hard sleeping one night and actually staying in bed because of the up and down, up and down. But that was pretty rough weather. In the other case I did feel a bit queasy one day.

Also, depending where you are you might hear the anchor chains.

In May I was in a forward balcony stateroom (4 stateroom's back). I was a bit concerned. However, it turned out to be great! I never felt any motion that was any different from my times in the middle or aft.

I also have been in an interior stateroom, absolute front of ship and other than the noise of docking, it was fine. Have a great cruise!:)

We are booked on the Elation in a Suite on the Veraandah deck. It happens to be all

the way forward. We've never been "up front" before... always Mid-Ship. Anyone out there able to tell me how the ride was?? I've heard you may feel more of the dipping and such. Thank you.

Depending on the sea conditions, you're probably in for quite a ride. We've been in the forward cabin on the Elation in the past and one night it felt like we bobbed up and down a good 50 feet. It probably wasn't, but that's what it felt like. As we like that, it was great to fall asleep to.

We had V1 and I was not happy to discover a staircase right off our balcony leading to the deck below. V3 and back (or V4) are ok. People near the top of the staircase could see right into our V1 cabin. Farther back is totally private.

Yes, you do feel the motion of the ship but it didn't bother me. Reminds me I'm on a ship (like I need reminding)! LOL

We had cabins all the way forward on the Victory. It was so rocky my daughter in law and granddaughter had to get motion sickness shots from the infirmary. If the motion doesn't bother you it was a nice cabin.

Never stayed in one of the Cat.11's on a Fantasy class ship. Have stayed on Panorama deck on Conquest class ships which is about the same location. We loved it. The hallway stayed quiet but was very convenient to Lido area activities as well as the main elevators to the lobby and main show lounge.

Remember, even if you are in cabin V1 or V2 you are not at the extreme front of the ship. You are set back well behind the bow of the ship. The extreme front cabins on the four main passenger decks are much farther forward then the front of the Verandah deck. My concern with the cat.11 suites is the lack of privacy on the balconies as exterior public decks are directly below them as well as the public spaces above the flying wings of the bridge.

I feel compelled to add that both of us are extremely prone to motion sickness so we take Bonine and ginger pills. They make all the difference as without them we'd be sicker than sick. With them we're like a baby being rocked to sleep in a cradle and love the movement.

If you are prone to motion sickness, you may want to think of switching. I was just on the Inspiration last week and the seas got rough one night. We were in the show lounge, deck 8 forward, and the movement made me feel like I was on a roller coaster (even on meclazine). My 2 children, 2 neices and myself included felt sick. We all went up to the Lido and sat mid ship and got some fresh air. After about an hour we were feeling better.

This isn't the first time I have gotten sick while being in the forward part of the ship, so I know to never book one of those rooms or do a guarantee. It would ruin my cruise; I can't handle all that rocking. We had rooms mid-ship and there was a huge difference in the amt of motion that we felt.

We had E1 last year on the first leg of our B2B. We cruised right through the outskirts of Hurricane Gustav and it was pretty bad during that. Since the ship moves like a teeter-totter, we felt ALOT of up/down motion during rough seas. I never get seasick, but I did that night. Once we were through that it was fine, although anything would have been better by comparison.

We were all the way forward on the Freedom. It was very quiet, and, boy, oh, boy, will you get your walking in, which is a good thing!! We always take the stairs and then this past cruise add the walking in and I did very well on the weight I always accumulate on cruises.

Btw, we didn't feel alot of motion at all. Just the normal, which we love.

Enjoy your cruise,

Shay

I have stayed in 2202 on the Valor, that is the most forward cabin on that deck last year and we never hit any rough sea's I don't think.

I could feel the motion a bit some of the time and at times my stomach got a bit quezy but that was all and I soon adjusted to it each time.

It was fine for me and I would do it again

Well, we're booked in V18 and our friends are in V26. I do get a bit sea sick on "sail boats"

and we usually book a cabin midship and I still get a little quezy on that 1st day at sea.

Bonine takes care of that! The only reason we booked these cabins is 'cause our friends, who this will be their first time ever on a cruise only wanted to do a 3 day to see how they liked it and if they got sick at all... then if they liked it they would do a longer cruise in the future. Plus, we love Balconys and the only way you can get a balcony is to book a Suite..so therefore the Verandah deck forward. I'm sure we'll be fine- I hope!

Thank you everyone for all the comments. It does help.

we like cabins all the way forward but we are usually in Verandah deck or above. But with thata said, we do not have issues with motion.

I think the recommendation is that you if you are motion sickness prone then book as close to the middle of the ship as possible.

I was all the way forward on the Verandah deck on the Valor. I never felt any motion but then I'm not prone to getting sea sick. I thought it was great and a easy trip to and from the Lido deck. :D

Well, we're booked in V18 and our friends are in V26. I do get a bit sea sick on "sail boats" and we usually book a cabin midship and I still get a little quezy on that 1st day at sea. Bonine takes care of that!

We had V14 on Elation and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Rarely felt a thing, but then we did pop a couple of ginger caps a day. (Maybe Elation's route is a factor, too.)

The Verandah deck cabins are especially nice because you're close to all of the action yet nicely secluded from traffic since there are so few stateroom on that level. Photos of our cabin and other cat 11s on Elation are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsters/tags/category11

Have a great cruise!

We had V14 on Elation and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Rarely felt a thing, but then we did pop a couple of ginger caps a day. (Maybe Elation's route is a factor, too.)

The Verandah deck cabins are especially nice because you're close to all of the action yet nicely secluded from traffic since there are so few stateroom on that level. Photos of our cabin and other cat 11s on Elation are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsters/tags/category11

Have a great cruise!

It looks really great. I loved the detailed photo's! I cannot wait. Thanks again.

We were in 8131--way forward---on our 14-day Panama Canal cruise on the Pride in March. The cabin was great! I didn't feel any unusual rocking.

Also, did U-51 (upper deck) on the Elation last Oct. Didn't think that was a problem, either. We had a lot more "rock 'n roll" on on aft wrap balcony on the Valor a couple of years ago. So, as far as I'm concerned, cabin location has never been an issue.

We've been all the way forward on Miracle, Legend and Triumph. These are newer ships with good stabilizers, so that may make a difference. We were on deck 8 each time.

We only felt motion on Miracle ( July, Western Carib) and that was a roll, not a forward to back movement. I loved it, and missed the feeling on our next few trips! Hoping to have some more motion next time.

I'm VERY prone to seasickness, but take the Bonamine daily and haven't had a problem.

My boys have been on both ends of the ship - U1 and on another cruise all the way back - U1 was by far the worst - like a rollercoaster up there. Granted it was a pretty rough cruise in December, but definitely quite a ride. My stepson actually enjoyed the ride, but his friend could not get off the bathroom floor!

Archived