A newbie with a couple of Amsterdam questions..

bandlady74

Hi,

My DH and I are taking our very first cruise at the end of August on the Amsterdam from Seattle to Alaska. Could anyone answer a few random questions for us?

1) I've seen lots of post about wine cards, but we don't drink wine. DH drinks beer. Is there a beer card?

2) Where are the best places to get decaf coffee and lattes/cappucinos on the ship?

3) Will our outside view stateroom on the Dolphin deck have toiletries (shampoo, soap, etc.), or should we bring our own?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Amy

Welcome to CC; I see this is your first post. And you're going to Alaska for your first cruise! Can't get better than that.

1) I've seen lots of post about wine cards, but we don't drink wine. DH drinks beer. Is there a beer card?

There's no such thing as a "beer card". But there has been a special called "A bucket o' beer". I understand there's one free when you purchase a bucket of ? (I don't know how many, maybe 5?)

2) Where are the best places to get decaf coffee and lattes/cappucinos on the ship?

Decaf coffee is always available in the Lido, and from room service. It's also available in the dining room during meals. Cappucino and espresso is also available there. There's also special coffees in Explorations Cafe for a charge. There's a coffee card you can purchase, but check the price of what you like first. It might be cheaper by the drink.

3) Will our outside view stateroom on the Dolphin deck have toiletries (shampoo, soap, etc.), or should we bring our own?

All cabins have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, hand soap, and bath soap.

Have a great time in The Great Land.

Yes, they do have Alaskan Amber on draught! But make sure you get your fill at the beginning of the week, as they run out! On our cruise, they ran out the last 2 days.

I would also suggest the Bering Sea Crab Tour in Ketchican! It is wonderful. Hard to explain....but moving. The highlight of our cruise.

The coffee was not as bad as other cruise lines on this cruise. We bring a French Press coffee pot...and only used it 3 times in the morning.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived