Viking Surkov

Karanja

The Viking River cruise information booklet says Internet access is free then it states that laptops can be rented for a fee.

So, does the vessel have an Internet Center equipped with computers that can be used gratis? and the fee is if one wants to have a laptop in the cabin?

What is the reception like for checking/sending e-mail only, or is it best to use land-based centers in St.Pete and Moscow? I don't imagine there is time en route between the two cities to final local centers.

Ted

This is new from my trip in Oct 2008. Reception was "iffy" on the vessel while moving. I did see many people checking emails when the vessel was in a port.

I do not remember seeing any internet cafes in Russia while traveling.

MSEm

There are 2 computers , free, for use by the passengers. Many people brought their own laptops and had no problems connecting. At times the connection was slow, but I discovered that if I logged on early in the morning the connection was faster. The computers were very popular, and during the busiest time people were encouraged to only check their emails, not browse the internet.

There are 2 computers , free, for use by the passengers. Many people brought their own laptops and had no problems connecting. At times the connection was slow, but I discovered that if I logged on early in the morning the connection was faster. The computers were very popular, and during the busiest time people were encouraged to only check their emails, not browse the internet.

++++

Thank you janetcbl and others

Ted

Archived