Ft. Lauderdale car rentals

carol459

We will be landing in Ft. Lauderdale in December and we need a car rental. Are there car rental places/shuttles at the dock?

We can go to the airport but would prefer not to.

Thanks for any helpful information,

Rick

I rented a car thru Dollar with p/u at the airport and d/o near the Port with shuttle to the Port. This is for mid October, Used Code OOAG and got a Challenger for 40.00 including fees.

Thanks for the info.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...
I don't understand - "landing in Fort Lauderdale", by airplane?

Cruising to Ft. Lauderdale on the Independence of the Seas, not flying to FLL.

Need a rental car to travel across Florida. Not coming back to Fort Lauderdale.

When you rent a car at FLL, you would return it there at the airport also. Then, they have a shuttle that takes you to the port. It is a very short distance from the airport to the cruiseport.

See the above reply. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Port Everglades is adjacent to the Fort Lauderdale airport. There are no rental car companies AT the port, they're at the airport which is 5 minutes from the port.

Take a shuttle (or quickest is to just grab a taxi) and go to the FLL airport rental car center, all the majors are there... http://www.broward.org/airport/parking_transportation_rentals.htm

TrentS I'm still confused as I have 2 different locations for Dollar. P/u at airport and D/o at Port Everglades. How can that be then. Is the Port Everglades address off airport property? Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks

Dollar has a location IN the airport Rental Car Center (which is a large parking garage across from Terminal 1 at FLL. They also have an off airport lot a couple of blocks from the airport. I don't know if they'll shuttle you from the off airport location into the port or not, but they will from the airport as there is a shuttle bus that goes from the Car Rental Center to Port Everglades.

Archived