Is anyone booking Mexico ?

alohadad

Thanks for the "heads-up" -- I just put a stateroom on hold :) Have to sort out whether or not I can make it happen. Not sure how thrilled DH would be with me out of town for 14 or 15 days! Will give him a glass of wine before we discuss it tonight.

We just took a 10-day cruise on the Ryndam to Mexico in February, and had a wonderful time. Obviously, experiences differ, but I would certainly recommend these cruises.

Trish

Trish Your cruise and my cruise last fall was before the "swine flu" hit the news

Flying across the country for a 7 day cruise just doesn't cut it for us.

That's the way I feel about the Caribbean too. As a matter of fact I'm not to crazy about flying to a west coast cruise for 7 days. It's just not long enough.

I am on the Veendam Sep 27/09 leaving from Vcr to SD for the 13 day Mexico/Sea of Cortez. When we paid final payment a couple of weeks ago, the cruise had gone down by $300. Nice surprise. hoping it will go down again and get a shipboard credit.

We booked Oct. 24 Veendam quite some time ago. Saw that the prices have dropped and upgraded to the PS. Since we've done this cruise a couple times we figured we'd spend more time in our suite so why not have a little more room.

If I lived in CA I would, but living in SW Florida it makes more sense to cruise from Ft Lauderdale or Tampa. The ports don't matter to me, and I'm certainly not concerned about the H1N1 thing. Common sense should prevail - people die from the flu in droves every year, so this is nothing new or unusual.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

If I lived in CA I would, but living in SW Florida it makes more sense to cruise from Ft Lauderdale or Tampa. The ports don't matter to me.

This is exactly how we feel, and why I'd like to retire on the East Coast to be closer to some different ships! The main reason we're doing this cruise is this year DH didn't want to spend a day flying back east for a seven-day cruise, and seven days is what we can fit into our job schedules. I drool at the idea of 30 or 60 days, but it's not feasible right now with my current employer. And since I like to be employed, it's hola Mexica again.

Thanks for the "heads-up" -- I just put a stateroom on hold :) Have to sort out whether or not I can make it happen. Not sure how thrilled DH would be with me out of town for 14 or 15 days! Will give him a glass of wine before we discuss it tonight.

Give him 2 and a good meal.:D

Give him 2 and a good meal.:D

Well, he offered to pay for the cruise for me after 3 glasses and a good meal. I'm really reluctant to be gone for 14 or 15 days -- life around here is barely manageable with 2 of us -- he'd have FAR too much to do for FAR too long, I think. Still mulling it over, the cabin is on hold till Monday.

Well, he offered to pay for the cruise for me after 3 glasses and a good meal. I'm really reluctant to be gone for 14 or 15 days -- life around here is barely manageable with 2 of us -- he'd have FAR too much to do for FAR too long, I think. Still mulling it over, the cabin is on hold till Monday.

He's a good man. Take the money and run:D!

Is anyone booking Mexico with HAL. HAL's prices have taken a nose dive and still wide open on Mexico 09 cruises and into 2010 season. HAL is now below NCL in price...

Not in my case, I booked a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise for January 9, 2010 in May. Last time I checked, the price was still the same, no up or down.

But my TA managed to save us $100.00 each on Cat. VD cabin compared to on-line price when she did the booking. :)

I hope the price will drop as it closer to final payment date.

Ricky

Our Mexican Sea of Cortez cruise (8 Day) on Oct. 2nd has had two drops in paymemt. The first when we paid it in full. And another, three days after we paid in full. We will be receiving a credit on our credit card.

Hi, we just booked the Oosterdam Christmas cruise. We haven't done a HAL cruise in a long time, and we've never done a west coast cruise. I was looking for alternatives to the Caribbean; this cruise sounds like a nice change for us. Our kids are (or will be at sailing) 14 and 12.

We normally go to Disney World at Xmas/NY but the last few years have been TOO cold, even for a Chicagoan!

Archived