"Agency issue"....???

Kween Karen

I slept last night....mostly!

For some reason ceep down I am still concerned that this agency can wreck my trip. Not sure what that is about.....because I know HAL has the reservation now and it is paid for. Just a little "naging" feeling. For the most part though I am fine and thrilled..............maybe I should pack today!!

For some reason ceep down I am still concerned that this agency can wreck my trip. Not sure what that is about.....because I know HAL has the reservation now and it is paid for. Just a little "naging" feeling. For the most part though I am fine and thrilled..............maybe I should pack today!!

Karen, Don't worry. This agency can no longer mess with your trip. Or your credit cards. Or your excitement! Take that little bug out of your brain, toss it and enjoy all the great stuff to come! Vicki

Karen, I'm a constant worrier and can understand your nagging feeling. I would voice it like this: "What if the TA calls HAL and speaks to someone who is not familiar with the whole situation and says that the customer (you) called and wanted to cancel the whole thing (yes thats what the customer said in spite of no refund avail)?" That would be my worry.

Perhaps you could call the lovely HAL lady and say that they put some kind of remark to the reservation that nobody should touch that res without her knowing? That way the TA could not call during weekend and use his charm on some unsuspecting agent who does not know the whole story... I understood that he is very good in that...

I'm sure the TA is not going to do anything so stupid but I know that I would feel safer if I'd call the HAL lady. :o

Karen, I'm a constant worrier and can understand your nagging feeling. I would voice it like this: "What if the TA calls HAL and speaks to someone who is not familiar with the whole situation and says that the customer (you) called and wanted to cancel the whole thing (yes thats what the customer said in spite of no refund avail)?" That would be my worry.

Perhaps you could call the lovely HAL lady and say that they put some kind of remark to the reservation that nobody should touch that res without her knowing? That way the TA could not call during weekend and use his charm on some unsuspecting agent who does not know the whole story... I understood that he is very good in that...

I'm sure the TA is not going to do anything so stupid but I know that I would feel safer if I'd call the HAL lady. :o

I'm sure the record has been duly noted. But since HAL is not working with this agency any longer an agent would not be allowed to make any changes. For an agent to do so, they will have to give their Iata number or phone number (which verifies the agency with the cruiseline). If HAL has cut it's ties with the agency, the phone number and / or Iata number would no longer be valid so no changes could be made. Also, since Karen has turned this over to HAL, no one but Karen can make a change. The cruiselines all have safeguards in place.

Start packing gal, and put all the hassles behind you :)

You have one heck of a cruise to relax and enjoy...just go for it!

:D:D

Karen,

Thanks to your scare, I am being careful with my final payment, which was processed yesterday. I checked with American Express today, and the charge shows approval to HAL, but I have to wait until Monday to be certain according to AMEX that the funds are with HAL. If not for your postings, I might have missed going through this process, and I am using an online agency new to me, although I have been successfully booking with online TA's for years. I have checked my "new" agency out, and they seem fine. Many, many thanks...And all good wishes to you as you can once again enjoy the anticipation leading up to your wonderful trip.

OK I did it!

I likely wouldn't have gone this far without all the advice from my CC friends here. I want you to know that I did take your advice to heart and I have called both credit card companies and requested new cards.

I was surprised how easy it was. They are both expediting my cards to me and they will arrive TOMORROW! They even gave me the new numbers over the phone so that I could take care of business. Amazing! I have already contacted the bill companies that I have paid automatically and given them the new numbers. It is a done deal!

I thank you all because I do feel VERY relieved. The old cards are void and the TA (or anyone else who might have my numbers after years of using cards) can not charge to them. Won't they be surprised if they try!!! :p

I am SO grateful you did this Karen. I pray it gives you peace of mind on your cruise (I know it's giving me and a lot of others here peace of mind :D)

Phew! First ... Karen, I am so happy this all worked out for you and for my own sanity I'm glad it worked out before I finished reading the thread! Took me 2 days of reading on and off to finish 31 pages of posts.

Couple of things ... I'm really glad that HAL will work directly with you now because even with EDocs, they are sent to the agencies who check them over and then forward them to the passengers. So Karen would NOT have wanted to have to deal with that!!

Also, everyone should know there is another internet TA with a very similar name and for their sake I'd hate for anyone to confuse them. This TA is here in FL as several people have said and the other one is in CT I believe. When you slash off the word "store", you get the other one and as far as I know they're not related.

Now I have to find time to read all the Trip Advisor posts!!! Thankfully, I had never heard of this agency before. Even tonight they're still advertising HAL cruises so ...........

Karen ... again, I'm just so happy for you. Last weekend had to be one of your worst ever!!! So relieved that your dream cruise is now in your sights and all is well.

I am SO grateful you did this Karen. I pray it gives you peace of mind on your cruise (I know it's giving me and a lot of others here peace of mind :D)

Karen, I must second this emotion! You've done everything right: booking now with HAL, CCs changed (see, that wasn't so hard), you're good to go! Sweet dreams! :)

I am so glad you have cancelled your credit card - we were also caught out by this agency. They waited until we were on the cruise we had booked then put through a duplicate charge for the same amount already paid.

It took us 4 months to get it refunded by the credit card company. The travel agent kept saying it was an error and they would refund it and it would take 2 weeks - never happened.

I contacted the BBB and made a complaint,they were helpful and contacted the agency, I also filed a complaint with the http://www.fraud.org however it would seem that they just make a note of them unless it is huge amount to see if there is a pattern.

I also contacted ************* to ask why they are still allowing them to list - that was in May -they responded that they are aware of the issue and are taking measures to ensure it doesn't happen again, however I am still getting quotes from this agency through them.

I encourage everyone who has been overcharged, funds not paid to cruise line etc to file the appropriate complaints, perhaps if enough of us do, we can stop this fraud.

Don't do it! You'll get a warning via email and your post will be deleted. You could be banned from CC! :eek: If you have a blog, put it there.

I'm saying prayers for you that everything works out!

I think CC will make an exception in this case. they allowed "Cruise Value Center" to be named after many many people found out their vacations were not paid by the new owners.

A bit OT but Speaking of CVC, I did find out that SilverSeas did allow the British couple to cruise who had a Voyage (value over $50,000) that was paid in cash to the agency who never paid SilverSeas. I found out because I was on a SilverSeas cruise.

First, Karen I am very happy that your Agency problems have been solved. Nobody needs that kind of hassle re booking a cruise.

I thought that I would add a different point of view re this agency( I know I'll get blasted for this). At present, I have 3 cruises booked through this Agency. Full payment has been made in a timely fashion on the first 2 of these cruises.( Eurodam on Aug 27 and "O" Nautica on Oct 17). The third cruise on Oceania next year has been paid in full and yes, most of the payment has been retained by the "store" until final payment date. The 10% savings that this method of payment provided is important to me and allows me to cruise more. Each to his or her own, but this has been my experience with this agency.The particular agent(a leather tanner in a different life!!) has always been most helpful. John H

Aren't you worried?

I am cruising!!

My cruise is paid in FULL!!

The very nice HAL lady called me and was beside herself with the good news. The money wire came through.....and my cruise is paid in full. She was very surprised......she didn't expect it to come through today. She said this could have taken weeks and had fully expected that. She was so happy for me....made me feel really good.

I will give more details later.....just wanted to pass this news to you all who have given me so much support during this ordeal.

I am cruising on my DREAM trip September 26th WOOHOO!!

Great news.

<snip>I did find out that SilverSeas did allow the British couple to cruise who had a Voyage (value over $50,000) that was paid in cash to the agency who never paid SilverSeas. I found out because I was on a SilverSeas cruise.

Jade, I'm glad to finally hear about this! That couple had been on my mind from time to time. I'm happy there was a good outcome for them.

So.....after a week of turmoil I am headed out to catch a ferry for Seattle to see a play. I don't think I would have been able to leave home and do this if my issue had not been solved. Since I have been "playing" with you all here online for a week.....I just thought you would like to know I am taking the day off!!! I feel like I should invite you all to come with me since you have been my lifeline.

Want to come play in Seattle with me today? Going to be a lovely day!!

Karen

Archived